Live From: Bliss 5 Day Coastal Mar 31-Apr 5 with Hollywood Pre Cruise

Oooh the premium thermal suite pass allows me to enjoy unlimited relaxation for 7 days. So if I buy the pass I get 2 extra cruise days thrown in???? Lol

image.jpg

• Haha 11

Yay. I am up for more of your shenanigans (I won't be specific as to the TYPE of shenanigans I most look forward to, but ...) Have fun and I am along for the ride, girl!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10:45am and it looks like Haven started boarding. So far this has been the fastest/easiest check in for this ship!.

Announcement for priority access to board and of course everyone swarms the doors. People are animals!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Sorry for the absence! This was the easiest, fastest, smoothest check in and boarding we ever had on Bliss! At 10:40 they boarded In transit, followed by Haven, priority access, ambassador, etc. by 10:50am they were on to group 1 and we were onboard and at our muster station by 11am. Unfortunately the wifi wasn’t working and I have only now managed to connect!

We grabbed a quick bite at the Local - the fish sandwich and pub hot dog were both great. My cheesecake never came so we just gave up and left!

So far I’ve had an Irish coffee and a Dark n Stormy made with Zacapa. DS has had two virgin mudslides. 

We checked out kids club but it was mobbed so we didn’t register yet. I doubt DS will go anyway as the virtual queue system was useless last time. We then went to the arcade and played a couple rounds of Foosball

Rooms are not ready yet so we are chilling in the atrium. It’s pretty packed there! So far all is well with the world!

IMG_2332.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2334.jpeg

IMG_2335.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

• Like 12

10.25% sales tax on drinks while in LA. I remember last cruise, that “free” upgraded drink package cost me around $150 with all the taxes on high end drinks! 😭

• Like 7

And let the world inconsistencies begin!

- no charge for my drinks at the Local

- Dark n Stormy with Zacapa at atrium bar

- Dark n Stormy with Zacapa at pool bar

Same drink. Different tax charge.

IMG_2353.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

We just stopped by our room to drop our bags. The announcement said they were ready but ours sure isn’t yet! We are in an inside this sailing and it’s SO HARD to find. I’m going to have zero chance of making it back after a few more drinks! It’s an odd number room but to get to it you have to go down the even number hallway (?) and then take a separate little hallway off the main hallway. 

I will take some pics once we get in for real but first impression is “strange”. The bed is made into a queen but I need it as two twins. However, there is a single bunk on one wall so I’m not even sure that’s possible. The closet seems tiny but it’s 5 days so we will be fine!

Plan was to chill at District Brewhouse but since DS is now banned, we ended up at Sugarcane! Here is a coconut pineapple mojito with Zacapa.

IMG_2360.jpeg

• Like 12

Sugarcane bar menu

I have a question- mojito flight is $20 and you get a 20% discount with the premium package and a 40% discount with the plus package. But why would you pay for the flight when you can get each one free? Am I missing something?

IMG_2361.jpeg

IMG_2362.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Oooh the premium thermal suite pass allows me to enjoy unlimited relaxation for 7 days. So if I buy the pass I get 2 extra cruise days thrown in???? Lol

image.jpg

Can you check how much is the premium thermal suite pass on board?  Just curious how much more expensive compared to pre-cruise price….

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shuang6 said:

Can you check how much is the premium thermal suite pass on board?  Just curious how much more expensive compared to pre-cruise price….

Yes - I can take a look! This is 5 days, though, so not sure how that compares to 7…

Tried again to register for kids club but line was still out the door. DS decided he didn’t want to wait and likely wouldn’t go to kids club (or be able to get in) so we left. If my kiddo was younger, I would be bummed about this situation! A family cruise line with no space for all the kids it allows onboard? Luckily mine are both past the point where this matters!

• Like 4

I’m guessing the number of kids on this sailing are making NCL double down on policies that are usually not enforced. As well as the Brewhouse thing, I just stopped at the bar in the pool deck to grab some sailaway drinks. I have NEVER allowed my kids to sit at a bar. EVER. But if waiting for a drink and there’s a seat, for that 1 minute then ok. That happened today. DS sat and waited for his drink and the bartender was like “he can’t sit there”. Ok dude. Relax. Give us our drinks and we will be on our way. First bartender of the day that didn’t get a tip! Lol

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2368.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Here’s an aside… when we came in to Hollywood, across the street from our hotel was a really cool looking building called The Magic Castle. I assumed it was a hotel and decided to research it. Turns out that it’s a nightclub for magicians! DS informed me that this place was in the Ricky, Nicky, Dicky and Dawn show, 

IMG_2257.jpeg

Also the Sun Princess has a new to Princess dining experience in partnership with Magic Castle. It’s called Spellbound. Pricey but looks interesting. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

Also the Sun Princess has a new to Princess dining experience in partnership with Magic Castle. It’s called Spellbound. Pricey but looks interesting. 

My teen was disappointed that it hadn’t started yet! She just got off Sun Princess.