Hampton Inn Suites Blue Lagoon Miami Restaurants nearby?

mattyboy

18 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

I have been looking for a post cruise stay and Hampton Inn B.L. area looks to be all fast food.

There's a Cuban restaurant and an Italian one in the Publix shopping area across the street. The hotel also offers a list of restaurants near by.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

There's a Cuban restaurant and an Italian one in the Publix shopping area across the street. The hotel also offers a list of restaurants near by.

Yes, we have stayed here several times and enjoy the location.  Good Cuban food just across the street.   Also, on a couple of trips, we have gotten a nice made-to-order sandwich at Publix.  It all depends on how tired we are after flying in😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Yes, we have stayed here several times and enjoy the location.  Good Cuban food just across the street.   Also, on a couple of trips, we have gotten a nice made-to-order sandwich at Publix.  It all depends on how tired we are after flying in😉

Do they have a shuttle that can be arranged to take us to the cruiseport? If so, do you arrange it in advance, or set it up when you get to the hotel? How much is it? How was the breakfast?

18 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

Do they have a shuttle that can be arranged to take us to the cruiseport? If so, do you arrange it in advance, or set it up when you get to the hotel? How much is it? How was the breakfast?

Yes...they offer a shuttle to the POM. You can only sign up for it I believe as you check in. They'll give you the times available...I think they were...10/11/12/1. We opted for the 11am and it was $14.00pp charged to our final hotel bill. It was quick and easy. Uber/Lyft may have been cheaper but this is what we decided to do last month Feb 23rd.

Breakfast was fine....We enjoyed this hotel and will be staying again in May.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Yes...they offer a shuttle to the POM. You can only sign up for it I believe as you check in. They'll give you the times available...I think they were...10/11/12/1. We opted for the 11am and it was $14.00pp charged to our final hotel bill. It was quick and easy. Uber/Lyft may have been cheaper but this is what we decided to do last month Feb 23rd.

Thank you so much for the quick response! I will be traveling with a group of 14 there next January. It is not easy to find a decently rated hotel with a free airport shuttle, free breakfast, nearby restaurants, and a bookable shuttle to get us to the pier that is very reasonably priced. I appreciate your input!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

Thank you so much for the quick response! I will be traveling with a group of 14 there next January. It is not easy to find a decently rated hotel with a free airport shuttle, free breakfast, nearby restaurants, and a bookable shuttle to get us to the pier that is very reasonably priced. I appreciate your input!!

Given the size of your group and if you all plan to take the shuttle at the same time, I would call the hotel directly to determine if the shuttle can handle that many in one trip.  Don't forget other people may reserve spaces before your even get to the hotel. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

Given the size of your group and if you all plan to take the shuttle at the same time, I would call the hotel directly to determine if the shuttle can handle that many in one trip.  Don't forget other people may reserve spaces before your even get to the hotel. 

As far as the shuttle to the port they have more than one. When you sign up they know how many they have space for on each shuttle.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

We have signed up for that shuttle at check-in many times over the last few years.  However, we didn't charge on hotel bill.  We have always been told it's $10 per person and we pay it direct to shuttle driver.  The last time we were there was in January of this year.   Since you stayed in February, maybe there has been a change?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We have signed up for that shuttle at check-in many times over the last few years.  However, we didn't charge on hotel bill.  We have always been told it's $10 per person and we pay it direct to shuttle driver.  The last time we were there was in January of this year.   Since you stayed in February, maybe there has been a change?

$10.00 wasn't the price for us in February at Blue Lagoon. The hotel shuttle driver from MIA to the hotel the night before said it was $10.00pp but it ended up being $14.00pp.

Perhaps I'm confusing  how we paid with our stay at Hampton Inn, Elizabeth NJ in October.

I'm sure that was charged to our hotel bill cause a lady offered to share her Uber and I had to run back in to the front desk and have the charge removed.

• Like 2

We stayed here after long international flight. Yes, Publix shopping center easily accessible. First Watch also there, but breakfast and lunch only, closes by 2-3 pm.

for interesting, good and historic, Uber over to coral gables to the Biltmore Hotel for a meal. Staying there is a different price range, probably better for a weekend not a night.

The shuttle driver last year gave us discount card for Cuban restaurant, ask for what is available.

best feature of this close-to-MIA hotel, is the soundproofing. You can see the jets, but do not hear them!

• Like 1

Brickell is a long way from the airport.  Cheapest way would likely be free shuttle to airport then use the metro downtown to Brickell.

21 hours ago, DennysDad said:

How far/expensive an Uber ride to Brickell for a meal?

Several choices to eat closer from Blue Lagoon than going all the way to Brickell.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2024 at 11:36 PM, DennysDad said:

Anything chain restaurants etc within a short Uber ride?

Panda Express within a walking distance - like 5 minutes

There was a ton of restaurants around. Just a matter of being able to walk for 5-20 minutes.

On 3/28/2024 at 3:28 AM, Linsuesue said:

It is not easy to find a decently rated hotel with a free airport shuttle, free breakfast, nearby restaurants, and a bookable shuttle to get us to the pier that is very reasonably priced.

Breakfast was nice, but there is NO space for everyone wanting to eat. Beware. 🙂 I had to take the food back to the room and then come back a couple of times.

It was cheaper for us to take an uber to the port than the hotel shuttle:  an xl uber (5 of us, 3 suitcases) for $27 plus tip.  

We liked the hotel and will stay there again this November. Here is my short review of the hotel:

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Panda Express within a walking distance - like 5 minutes

There was a ton of restaurants around. Just a matter of being able to walk for 5-20 minutes.

Breakfast was nice, but there is NO space for everyone wanting to eat. Beware. 🙂 I had to take the food back to the room and then come back a couple of times.

It was cheaper for us to take an uber to the port than the hotel shuttle:  an xl uber (5 of us, 3 suitcases) for $27 plus tip.  

We liked the hotel and will stay there again this November. Here is my short review of the hotel:

I would have no problem taking an Uber to someplace local.