The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday March 28th, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thanks for the pictures of the blooming desert.  It is blooming more than it did almost three weeks ago when we were coming back from Yuma.  It's greener around here than we've see it in years.  DH and I may be some of the few Dailyites who have been through Helper more than once.  Coming from Texas, the road through Helper is a lot closer to SLC and staying on I-70 to I-15.  It's a neat little town with interesting railroad history.  Safe travels.

Lenda

@Quartzsite Cruiser I enjoy taking pics as we travel!

We are workamping at Castle Gate RV Park for summer #2. We only work 25-30 hours a week,  enough to support our cruise addiction and not hurt our savings acct!

Great park right on the Price River.  We are right off Hwy 191.  We fell in love with sleepy Helper,  Utah last summer.  The locals have done a fantastic job of revitalizing the town.  Last year Helper Brewery opened and it has fantastic homemade pizza!  We also love all the trail riding.

Safe travels for you back to Texas!

• Like 18

Thanks for the Fleet report and the daily news.

Strong winds have prevented Noordam from entering the Otago Harbour this morning.

We disembarked from her last Saturday, after 30 days onboard.

Will now read all of the posts for today.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Just wanted to remind the Dailyites in Arizona and southern California, there will be a launch at 7:30 pm today from Vandenberg.  It will be a Starlink launch carrying 22 satellites.  According to Space.com there is a four hour window for the launch beginning at 7:30 p.m., but Spaceflight now says the launch is at 7:30.

Lenda

Thanks for the heads up, Lenda.  We'll be watching for it.  We've had a couple of really good sightings before from our house.  It's pretty darn thrilling to see in the night sky.  It's clear today, so looking forward to it! 

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I'll probably start in the morning. Our pre-cruise really does not involve a lot, because we're already in the area. "We washed the sheets and towels," doesn't have the same storytelling value as a cross country flight, hotel stay, and a new restaurant in a new town.

Looking forward to following Poohby Joe on his first Easter cruise!!

Oh and to see what he thinks of Cake Me Away - which shall be his favorite? 🎂

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 11

Posted (edited)

The new cat, Tigger is still very male and terrorizes my red cats, they were bullies until he came along.  But today I had to drag him away from Furnando, and Tigger wanted a fight, so my hand was attacked.  And the little bugger bit me so hard that it is making every nerve in my hand hurt. Not much blood, but plenty of bruising.  Guess tomorrow is the right day for that early morning appointment with the neurologist after all.

Tonights dinner was pulled pork (made it with pork tenderloin in the crock pot) YUMMY!  with half a sweet potato and beans.  Since we work late tomorrow it will be an easy dinner to reheat.

Just took the trash out, and a tiny possum was eating the cat food.  When I opened the door, he ran away, smack into a cat that had been sleeping in the box.  I noticed that One Spot (that's the stray cat's name) is injured, but he ran off any way.  Dont know who startled who the worse.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Looking forward to following Poohby Joe on his first Easter cruise!!

Oh and to see what he thinks of Cake Me Away - which shall be his favorite? 🎂

He is all a-twitter over the cakes - which are on our schedule this time.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Just wanted to remind the Dailyites in Arizona and southern California, there will be a launch at 7:30 pm today from Vandenberg.  It will be a Starlink launch carrying 22 satellites.  According to Space.com there is a four hour window for the launch beginning at 7:30 p.m., but Spaceflight now says the launch is at 7:30.

Lenda

Thank you for the heads up Lenda. We just checked and it hasn’t started yet. Craig looked it up and it now says 8:30 pm. We’ll try to get a picture. 

2 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser I enjoy taking pics as we travel!

We are workamping at Castle Gate RV Park for summer #2. We only work 25-30 hours a week,  enough to support our cruise addiction and not hurt our savings acct!

Great park right on the Price River.  We are right off Hwy 191.  We fell in love with sleepy Helper,  Utah last summer.  The locals have done a fantastic job of revitalizing the town.  Last year Helper Brewery opened and it has fantastic homemade pizza!  We also love all the trail riding.

Safe travels for you back to Texas!

Safe travels on your journey. I wish we had met on the Koningsdam. 

2 hours ago, erewhon said:

Strong winds have prevented Noordam from entering the Otago Harbour this morning.

Welcome home!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@Hogladyrider and Lenda,

We beat our way through Price and Helper many times…. our route from northern NM to Boise, usually in our truck with 5th wheel. More often than not it was my turn to drive the Green River -Price stretch but I didn’t mind, I’d drive the truck and trailer anywhere, any kind of road or traffic but only FORWARD!  DH tried to teach me to back it up but quickly realized it was either that or stay married. 🤣 m—

Bon Voyage @POA1!  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, erewhon said:

Welcome home!  We missed you!  Happy Easter, Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

...And the little bugger bit me so hard that it is making every nerve in my hand hurt. Not much blood, but plenty of bruising.  Guess tomorrow is the right day for that early morning appointment with the neurologist after all.

Tonights dinner was pulled pork (made it with pork tenderloin in the crock pot) YUMMY! 

Oh no - hope neurologist visit goes well, animal bites can be bad.

The pulled pork sounds great!!

• Like 6