Pirate’s LIVE Girls’ Trip on the Vista…April 6-14, 2024

* On the way back thru I stopped by the Steakhouse bar because I heard they had Blantons. They really did!! I got 2 shots, then went back to the room to check on B. *

my boys are going to be so excited about this!  Thanks for sharing!

4 hours ago, pe4all said:

There is both a Walgreens and CVS across the street from the terminal.  Hope B feels better.

Thank you, she’s feeling good now. 

2 hours ago, KAmburn said:

* On the way back thru I stopped by the Steakhouse bar because I heard they had Blantons. They really did!! I got 2 shots, then went back to the room to check on B. *

my boys are going to be so excited about this!  Thanks for sharing!

I’m glad they will be happy! 

23 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

That chicken parm looks delicious! I always get that when it's on the menu. I think you can go back a day in the app to access menus if you'd like to screenshot those. 

Are you planning to go to JiJi's or Cucina this week?

No plans for any specialty dining this week. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

No plans for any specialty dining this week. 

We have the steakhouse booked for the second week but we only booked it because our friends wanted to go. And they cancelled their cruise last month. lol Oh well, we decided to go anyway. We want to do lunch at the other two but haven't booked dinner at either. We'll wait until we get on the ship and see how we feel and if there's availability.

• Like 1

We had breakfast today from Lido, and it was decent. We went at 7:30 and everything was hot. We heard Marty announce around 7:45 I think it was that the gangways were open, and we waited until about 8:15 to head off. We figured let the mad masses get off first! 

IMG_2310.jpeg

• Like 4

We had no excursion planned today, just to walk to the cathedral (B loves stuff like that), then to the fort, and walk along the ocean’s edge and see the kitties. I was kinda glad we were here in the morning…it was HOT and sunny today, I’m fried! 

Our first stop was the cathedral, which was beautiful. 

IMG_2312.jpeg

IMG_2315.jpeg

IMG_2313.jpeg

IMG_2314.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2319.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg

IMG_2323.jpeg

IMG_2322.jpeg

• Like 7

From the cathedral we hiked to the fort (I forget the name, it’s the one we pass as we sail in & out) and I got to see all the kitties. I’m a crazy cat lady I admit, I began meowing to them and the started coming out of the bushes for me. 

IMG_2324.jpeg

IMG_2325.jpeg

IMG_2326.jpeg

IMG_2327.jpeg

IMG_2329.jpeg

IMG_2330.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

IMG_2333.jpeg

IMG_2335.jpeg

IMG_2337.jpeg

IMG_2338.jpeg

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

• Like 11

We stopped into a store, and I got some new hideous sunglasses y’all! I can’t wait for Chris to see them when I get home. 😁

B is a Starbucks junkie, so we stopped for her to get her fix, then meandered back to the port. MSC Mera was arriving, and I got to admire her. I love how sleek and beautiful their ships are. Don’t worry, I’m still a CCL girl at heart, they’ll always be my first love, but I have become fond of MSC. 

IMG_2362.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2355.jpeg

IMG_2361.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

B climbed into bed and fell asleep, and mom and I went in search of lunch. She got something from Blue Iguana, I opted for a Guy’s burger. It was ok, but I think the deli is my favorite for sandwiches. I just wish they had a better worker up there…the line was looooong and I knew it would be a 20 minute wait. Guy’s moved along quick, and it filled me up, just wasn’t as flavorful. 

The coffee gelato on the other hand…oh yeah! Grab a chocolate chip cookie and mix it in and you’ve got perfection! 

IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

We stopped into a store, and I got some new hideous sunglasses y’all! I can’t wait for Chris to see them when I get home. 😁

B is a Starbucks junkie, so we stopped for her to get her fix, then meandered back to the port. MSC Mera was arriving, and I got to admire her. I love how sleek and beautiful their ships are. Don’t worry, I’m still a CCL girl at heart, they’ll always be my first love, but I have become fond of MSC. 

IMG_2362.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2355.jpeg

IMG_2361.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg

Those sunglasses are horrible. I love them lol.

• Haha 11

40 minutes ago, sunshower9 said:

Those sunglasses are horrible. I love them lol.

1 minute ago, princess76021 said:

@pirate4me2 I love love love those glasses!!!!I

Hugs from Texas

Thanks yall! I think they’re gonna be some of my “regular” travel glasses. I’ll pack a pair of my “bling” glasses and a pair of these. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

We had no excursion planned today, just to walk to the cathedral (B loves stuff like that), then to the fort, and walk along the ocean’s edge and see the kitties. I was kinda glad we were here in the morning…it was HOT and sunny today, I’m fried! 

IMG_2312.jpeg

IMG_2315.jpeg

IMG_2313.jpeg

IMG_2314.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2319.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg

IMG_2323.jpeg

IMG_2322.jpeg

We took the Paseo del Morro walk on our last vist to San Juan. The views were amazing. Also all the feral cats.  Some are friendly an will appreciate a head scratch.   We plan to take this walk again on our May cruise on the Magic.

• Like 1

I’m kind of a “cat whisperer” as well. When I lived in Cambridge, MA I would walk from my house to the train, and the kitties would hustle out from their bushes by their houses, meowing for a pet. Love my kitties 😻

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We took the Paseo del Morro walk on our last vist to San Juan. The views were amazing. Also all the feral cats.  Some are friendly a will appreciate a head scratch.   We plan to take this walk again on our May cruise on the Magic.

it’s one of my favorite activities to do in San Juan! I may look up how to ship a kitty home one day…but don’t tell my hubby that! 

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

I’m kind of a “cat whisperer” as well. When I lived in Cambridge, MA I would walk from my house to the train, and the kitties would hustle out from their bushes by their houses, meowing for a pet. Love my kitties 😻

I love this!! 

• Like 1

So B wrapped herself up like a burrito in her blue blanket at naptime apparently, and couldn’t get free. She fell to the floor wrestling with the captor, and after a 5 minute battle finally got free. She proceeded to Lido and ordered herself a whole pizza as a reward. 😂 She’s now napping in a “safe place” on the patio. 

• Haha 15

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Did you cat ladies see this April Fool spoof?  Just up your alleys…

IMG_1225.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg

IMG_1227.jpeg

IMG_1228.jpeg

I did!! I love it. When I win some big lotto, I’m gonna have a kitty themed yacht. 

• Haha 2

This evening was low key. I did go visit Goran at Alchemy for a 40 is the new 20, and had some balcony time with mom and B. Even tho tonight was elegant night number 2, none of us wanted to dress up for MDR…so we hit Lido. Mom got pizza, I forget what B got, and I hit up the deli for a steak & cheese and a salad. All in all…it was wonderful and low key. Much needed! 
Oh, we did get after dinner drinks at Red Frog Pub. I love how they are like a stop light! Jamaican Sunrise (goooood & fruity!), Hurricane (strong!) and Beachcomber (ok). 

IMG_2379.jpeg

IMG_2380.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

IMG_8522.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

IMG_2312.jpeg

IMG_2315.jpeg

IMG_2313.jpeg

IMG_2314.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2319.jpeg

IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg

IMG_2323.jpeg

IMG_2322.jpeg

What a beautiful church!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

We have the steakhouse booked for the second week but we only booked it because our friends wanted to go. And they cancelled their cruise last month. lol Oh well, we decided to go anyway. We want to do lunch at the other two but haven't booked dinner at either. We'll wait until we get on the ship and see how we feel and if there's availability.

We have the Steakhouse booked the first cruise,  and Jiji's and Cucina booked the second cruise. We never miss going to Jiji's on the ships that have them. Usually the best meal of the cruise! 😎

• Like 8

11 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

What a beautiful church!

It really is! 

4 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We have the Steakhouse booked the first cruise,  and Jiji's and Cucina booked the second cruise. We never miss going to Jiji's on the ships that have them. Usually the best meal of the cruise! 😎

Chris and I usually do some kind of specialty dining as well. He loves the steakhouse, I’m a Cucina fan. We want to try the Teppaniki (I can’t spell that fancy word) if we ever get back on a ship that has it. 

• Like 3