Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

53 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

Jim, we are in Honolulu right now.Getting excited to board Explora Journeys tomorrow.

This never gets old 🛳️

Cheers, Heather 

Noticed that NCL is in today using Pier 11.  Hope you get Terminal 2.  Beautiful terminal. 

Jim, I really enjoy reading your posts (all of them!) and love it when you show pictures of the various suites that you and Iain stay in. The Celebrity Suite looks divine and we’re looking at booking one for our next cruise.  Just wondering if the bed splits into two twins?  

We live in Vancouver and we’ll make sure that the weather is perfect for your arrival here!

On 4/24/2024 at 10:39 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Even thought Ala Moana Park begins here --- I diverted to the Shopping Center.    Incredible shopping with a Rack, Macy, Walmart, Target, Nordstrom, Marshall as well as lots of food places and a beautiful mall.

When I go to the Ala Moana shopping center, I love getting a roasted pork Mana Pua, which is very similar to a bao bun. Thanks for taking us on your Honolulu journey! 

• Like 2

Your new accommodation looks divine enjoy every minute. Love the photo of sipping coffee waiting for Iain to get up…..know the feeling 😂. Our next cruise is October on (Apex 1st time) transatlantic with good friends. Then Japan next April but hopefully lots of land trips in between. Your photos have been very colourful but I do miss the photos of food you used to post. I’m so glad this cruise is living up to the old Celebrity we all love.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Famous for the Hump slanted balcony that is about 50% larger than the others.

To me it is more famous for the toe breaking door stop right where you step out of the shower.  In a perfect world, they would re-hang every door from the bed room into the bathroom to open away from the shower/tub and remove that damn door stop.  I either stub my toe on it or step on the damn thing getting out of the shower. 

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've found the lobster roll didn't live up to the hype....maybe it's not my taste?

I always ask them to serve it as a salad and get either the steak frites or seared bronzino as my main. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

For this cruise we moved from our Beautiful Royal Suite to a Celebrity Suite. 

I always try to take pictures before we unpack so the room look bright and uncluttered... OK... just ask Iain I never put things away. 

Here's Celebrity Suite 1615 --- Famous for the Hump slanted balcony that is about 50% larger than the others.

Fabulous balcony!!!

• Like 4

Nice video ! 
why did they ever put a bathtub in the WC, probably less than 10% of the population can use something that small 😁

is your cabin on the forward slant? 
Just notice we were on the same cruise in 2017 , on the Connie Suez Canal cruise , I think that was one of best cruise since we were able to go to Petra 😱

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 2

That water looks beautiful. Have to agree with you that Hawaii just does something for the soul.  I think we are both more relaxed when we are over there.  Sitting up here in Portland Oregon on a cool rainy day does make us just a tad jealous!!! Just enjoying the view has such a calming effect. Looks like such a wonderful large veranda.   We are on the reverse of your cruise starting in Honolulu in Oct.  Hope the rest of your crossing is smooth. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forevercrusing said:

Jim, I really enjoy reading your posts (all of them!) and love it when you show pictures of the various suites that you and Iain stay in. The Celebrity Suite looks divine and we’re looking at booking one for our next cruise.  Just wondering if the bed splits into two twins?  

We live in Vancouver and we’ll make sure that the weather is perfect for your arrival here!

The beds are either configured as a Queen or as two singles.   They are configured to a Queen upon arrival but the Stateroom attendant can set them up as requested.   The CS also has a Queen Sofa bed in living room.

I sometimes pop the living room bed open when Iain snores. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JackE said:

When I go to the Ala Moana shopping center, I love getting a roasted pork Mana Pua, which is very similar to a bao bun. Thanks for taking us on your Honolulu journey! 

The shopping center has just about anything form everyone tastes...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Provence55always said:

Your new accommodation looks divine enjoy every minute. Love the photo of sipping coffee waiting for Iain to get up…..know the feeling 😂. Our next cruise is October on (Apex 1st time) transatlantic with good friends. Then Japan next April but hopefully lots of land trips in between. Your photos have been very colourful but I do miss the photos of food you used to post. I’m so glad this cruise is living up to the old Celebrity we all love.

I may post some food pictures on this cruise.   After HILO we have 5 sea days.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Nice video ! 
why did they ever put a bathtub in the WC, probably less than 10% of the population can use something that small 😁

is your cabin on the forward slant? 
Just notice we were on the same cruise in 2017 , on the Connie Suez Canal cruise , I think that was one of best cruise since we were able to go to Petra 😱

Would have to agree with tubs.   When I remodeled our house i removed the tubs and did oversized walk in showers instead.       I can't tell you when I last took a bath.    I know many love them...

We are on the Aft Slant --- they also have them on the forward slant, but thought the aft would have some protection from the wind.

I put on my Bose Headphones this morning and  listened to the home news while relaxing in the lounger.    I often pair them to the TV so I don't wake Iain when I'm up early.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The beds are either configured as a Queen or as two singles.   They are configured to a Queen upon arrival but the Stateroom attendant can set them up as requested.   The CS also has a Queen Sofa bed in living room.

I sometimes pop the living room bed open when Iain snores. 

Thank you so much Jim!  

Based on your response, we just booked the Celebrity Suite (1615!) for an Alaska cruise on the Solstice in September!  Alas, I’m a restless sleeper so my husband and I need to sleep in separate beds 🥹.  

We look forward to staying in the “Jim/Iain” Celebrity Suite 1615 on the Solstice!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Would have to agree with tubs.   When I remodeled our house i removed the tubs and did oversized walk in showers instead.       I can't tell you when I last took a bath.    I know many love them...

We are on the Aft Slant --- they also have them on the forward slant, but thought the aft would have some protection from the wind.

I put on my Bose Headphones this morning and  listened to the home news while relaxing in the lounger.    I often pair them to the TV so I don't wake Iain when I'm up early.

I would think the Aft slant would be better , had an AQU cabin on the aft slant on a TA never notice the wind 

I installed a new WC in the basement, no tub for us, 3’x5’ shower, a lot of room 😁

It was fun trying to remember how to tile after 20 years since the last time I did a reno 

IMG_2513.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Forevercrusing said:

Thank you so much Jim!  

Based on your response, we just booked the Celebrity Suite (1615!) for an Alaska cruise on the Solstice in September!  Alas, I’m a restless sleeper so my husband and I need to sleep in separate beds 🥹.  

We look forward to staying in the “Jim/Iain” Celebrity Suite 1615 on the Solstice!

After all these years this is the first time I ever used the Sofa Bed.  Usually just scrunched up on the Sofa.    I had the room attendant bring a blanket.    

This time I discovered how the sofa's convert.  Actually very practical.    You pull the back of sofa toward you and it becomes the legs --- Inside mine was already made up with  duvet, sheets and two pillows.  

IN the CS it is the sofa portion facing the windows and almost come to a queen and a half in width.      For some reason the one in the CS is much more comfortable than that in the Royal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

After all these years this is the first time I ever used the Sofa Bed.  Usually just scrunched up on the Sofa.    I had the room attendant bring a blanket.    

This time I discovered how the sofa's convert.  Actually very practical.    You pull the back of sofa toward you and it becomes the legs --- Inside mine was already made up with  duvet, sheets and two pillows.  

IN the CS it is the sofa portion facing the windows and almost come to a queen and a half in width.      For some reason the one in the CS is much more comfortable than that in the Royal.

You are a wealth of information Jim. Thank you!  

You need to know how much we all appreciate your posts.

• Like 4

NCL - Pride of America didn't stick around very long.   Around 10 we heard the ships horn and she departed.    Inquiring minds wanted to know WHY.    Found an article that she had a mechanical issue and had to cut short her current inter-island cruise.    Since Terminal 11 was to be used by MSC Explora 1 she had to move to Pearl Harbor.   She was replaced by Explora at 11 AM

MSC Explora is now in place at Terminal 11. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forevercrusing said:

Thank you so much Jim!  

Hope you enjoy it.    By the way the HDMI ports are really easy to both see and connect to.  In the room video I zoomed in on the port... other's probably thought what in the world is he doing...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I posted a couple short videos on my FB page.    One was of Singh, the bartender in Michael's Club,  making spicy drink for Andy.   It was a lot of fun.

Watched the video, other than jalapeños what was in the drink?  Lime juice?