Ships with new third Dining Time

What ships have added the new third dining time.  I would appreciate your input in updating the list as ships add this third dining time. Those that have, did they eliminate my time dining.

I don’t know for certain this is a new dining time, but I think it may be.  If not, sorry to confuse your topic, consider it simple input.  I just booked Navigator out of LA for the 5/6-5/10 cruise, and the only time available was the 8pm slot.  I thought the former, traditional two dining times were like 6:30 and 8:30. 

1 minute ago, Tina99 said:

I don’t know for certain this is a new dining time, but I think it may be.  If not, sorry to confuse your topic, consider it simple input.  I just booked Navigator out of LA for the 5/6-5/10 cruise, and the only time available was the 8pm slot.  I thought the former, traditional two dining times were like 6:30 and 8:30. 

8 is late dining.

It varies by ship but early traditional is typically 5:30-6 and late is 8-8:30.

A few weeks ago it was reported that Royal has trialled a third slot, maybe 6:45-7:30, on Wonder & Icon with a view to rolling it out fleetwide but it seems to have gone quiet.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2024/02/28/royal-caribbean-introduces-third-dining-time-give-cruise-ship-passengers-more-choice

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I haven't seen anyone mention that ANY ship has added a 3rd dining time (yet).

It was reported on Spectrum and maybe at least one other ship, though that may have been a test/temporary.

• Thanks 1

I don't remember my options for ovation 5-31-24 but I am now 730.  I know I picked late dinner but thought it was 830 or 800.  Maybe it's Alaska or it was like that when I booked it maybe that's a third time. 

Posted by @DragonOfTheSeas regarding last week's Anthem sailing.

We always select My Time Dining for our cruises.  I made reservations for dinner each night at 7pm when it opened. We can always change individual days if we need to. My reservations appear in my calendar on the app.  However, when we got to the dining room at 7pm last night they told us we actually had a fixed dining seating at 6:30pm. 

Sure enough, that was listed at the bottom of the sea pass. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

My sailing coming up in October on Freedom have the earliest MTD at 7:15.

Rumors posted here talked about a third fixed time at 6:45.   

Edited by mo&fran

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, miyanc said:

I don't remember my options for ovation 5-31-24 but I am now 730.  I know I picked late dinner but thought it was 830 or 800.  Maybe it's Alaska or it was like that when I booked it maybe that's a third time. 

We sailed Radiance Vancouver to San Diego last September and 2nd seating was 7:30.  They seem to do that in Alaska.   Don't know why

Edited by njkruzer

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It was reported on Spectrum and maybe at least one other ship, though that may have been a test/temporary.

Yes, let us put one toe into the water to see if a crab nibbles at it or a shark arrives to bite the whole foot off.

😉

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

We had it on Spectrum in February. We had booked MTD and pre-booked slots to fit in with tours and shows, only to find a card in our room on boarding saying we had been given 6.30. 

It was also printed on our sea pass

Would be happy if we had it on Serenade this July.  Normally we have late or MTD but hubby asked for early instead. This is our first early and in my opinion is too early. There's only 2  sea days (16 night cruise) and half the time we'll still be ashore at 5.30

Edited by sgmn

On my very recent Odyssey cruise, traditional dining was 5:00pm and 7:30 pm.

Wish I had known this when I booked way ahead. I would have chosen the 7:30 traditional.

Instead (thinking that late seating was 8:30) we made reservations at 7:15 in MTD.

It was a bit chaotic each night. No more, even if we have to eat at 8:30 pm.

On 4/3/2024 at 12:09 PM, miyanc said:

On my Easter Anthem sail the traditional was 5 early and 7:30 for the 2nd seating.  MTD was set at 6:45.  Keep in mind that on many Oasis classes traditional early dining is at 5.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Keep in mind that on many Oasis classes traditional early dining is at 5.

Yep, the times have gotten earlier over the past year or whatever. It's 5:00 on Wonder.

48 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yep, the times have gotten earlier over the past year or whatever. It's 5:00 on Wonder.

The cynic in me says they’ve figured out that clearing the MDR half an hour earlier each night saves them money somehow.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

The cynic in me says they’ve figured out that clearing the MDR half an hour earlier each night saves them money somehow.

It's to penalize early diners as it allows only 30 minutes in the Crown Lounge.🤣 The hours on Anthem were 4:30-7:30 PM.   

Edited by nelblu