Latest Promo - Stay tuned something new is coming …

Whitby100

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Yes.

Many are approaching $900 to $1000 US for a V1 for 2, though.  The Canadian exchange rate must be bonkers.

Having spent 62 days on Pursuit and Quest in last 4 months with varying satisfaction (and considerably off from as recently as a year ago) those prices are a no-go for us.  Much better price/value relationship (both downstream and upstream) elsewhere.

I always wait.  Unless it's a really unique itinerary the prices drop like a rock on most sailing dates once you get about 9 months out.

55 minutes ago, Toronto Guy said:

If only they had refurbed the cabins like Oceania's R-class ships, they did a gorgeous job.  Even got rid of the shower curtains.

Reports from those sailing in those Oceania cabins are that the shower doors were not a good idea.  The showers are still too small, but now there is no give when your body (especially your funny bone) hits the door.  Azamara upgraded the curtains so they don't cling, which is the best compromise available.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Reports from those sailing in those Oceania cabins are that the shower doors were not a good idea.  The showers are still too small, but now there is no give when your body (especially your funny bone) hits the door.  Azamara upgraded the curtains so they don't cling, which is the best compromise available.

Interesting.  I swear I still have the bruises from hitting the grab bar put in the worst spot possible in the shower of the Onward's CC Suite.  Shower was huge....but worst design ever.

12 hours ago, Toronto Guy said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but the ships are what they are.  What I take more issue with is the obvious cheap-outs they did on the renovation of the Onward both in the standard cabins and in some public areas.  The spa locker rooms weren't even touched, broken fixtures and missing tiles etc., and the banged up cabinets and mismatched furniture and finishings in the staterooms stand out.  If only they had refurbed the cabins like Oceania's R-class ships, they did a gorgeous job.  Even got rid of the shower curtains. But then again, prices are well below Oceania (at least in my market).  I think Azamara did a much better job on the main public rooms with the decor however.

Can’t imagine using that size shower with a door on it, I’d just keep bumping my elbows and my DH would probably not be able to get in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think they are like double doors that split down the middle so access in an out would be easier I think.  My friend sailed on O Regatta (?) I think.... and said he thought they did a good job with what they had to work with, but who knows... he thought it was an improvement over the reno they had done on Onward....but everybody is going to have different opinions on that i guess.

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Another report re: shower doors on the O R class ships.

Before experiencing them, our take was "Finally!  No more shower curtains!"

After experiencing them, our take was "No way!  Shower curtains vastly preferable!"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

After experiencing them, our take was "No way!  Shower curtains vastly preferable!"

And yet the myth goes on that this was an improvement that Azamara should copy!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And yet the myth goes on that this was an improvement that Azamara should copy!

Yep.  Comes up in almost every Q&A with Captain/HD.

Two votes here FOR O's shower doors, we found them better than AZ's shower curtains.  Also, O's R class cabin re-fit has been superbly done, more storage space and lighter décor.  However, this does come at a price which we now consider does not represent value, so we'll stick with AZ as far as we can, desirability of itineraries to take into consideration.  We wish they had fewer embarks and debarks in Istanbul and Athens.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 3:16 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Can’t imagine using that size shower with a door on it, I’d just keep bumping my elbows and my DH would probably not be able to get in.

Denise, I’d love to see those showers on Oceania. I can’t imagine such a small space being able to have a door. Perhaps when Oceania did the reno, they reconfigured the whole cabin, making it possible to have a larger shower in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrendaJ said:

Denise, I’d love to see those showers on Oceania. I can’t imagine such a small space being able to have a door. Perhaps when Oceania did the reno, they reconfigured the whole cabin, making it possible to have a larger shower in general.

Have a look at this thread with a photo. No change to the layout. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2967536-regatta-bathroomshower-size-vs-sirena/

Phil 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ECCruise said:

I thought the glass doors were a good thing - until I smacked my elbow into them while shampooing my hair. Glass is unforgiving, fabric moves.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Looking at the photo, it looks impossible to get into the bathroom unless the shower doors are closed. In fact it looks difficult to get into the shower at all!

I love the Oceania shower doors.  There are two narrow glass doors.  They can open out or into the shower (or one each way).  The only time I opened them out into the bathroom is getting in and out of the shower.  Otherwise, I had them both pushed in, which provided more elbow space in the bathroom.  It was very easy to get into the shower.  The doors were never in the way.

• Like 5

They sound very similar to what celebrity did to the millennium class AQ cabins when they added them on Deck 11.  The middle split works really well, especially if they fold in and out.

On 4/13/2024 at 4:12 PM, Toronto Guy said:

Interesting.  I swear I still have the bruises from hitting the grab bar put in the worst spot possible in the shower of the Onward's CC Suite.  Shower was huge....but worst design ever.

You're right. The grab bar in Onward's CC suite shower has very sharp corners. My elbow ached after I hit it. Things that look good from a design perspective don't always work for people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tgg said:

You're right. The grab bar in Onward's CC suite shower has very sharp corners. My elbow ached after I hit it. Things that look good from a design perspective don't always work for people.

I found it was impossible not to hit it.  I also can't tell you how many times I stubbed my toe reallly hard on the leg of the sitting chair in that room getting in and out of bed.  The neighbours must have wondered why I was always shouting.  The wood legs flared out to the front, and the chair had to be the most uncomfortable low thing I have ever sat in.  It seems the Onward suffers from bad chairs everywhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toronto Guy said:

I found it was impossible not to hit it.  I also can't tell you how many times I stubbed my toe reallly hard on the leg of the sitting chair in that room getting in and out of bed.  The neighbours must have wondered why I was always shouting.  The wood legs flared out to the front, and the chair had to be the most uncomfortable low thing I have ever sat in.  It seems the Onward suffers from bad chairs everywhere.

Sadly it was acquired and refurbished at the worst time for Covid supply-chain issues.  We were led to believe the poor items would be replaced, but evidently that plan has been cancelled.  I am avoiding Onward in my planning.

• Like 4