Latest Promo - Stay tuned something new is coming …

Whitby100

1 hour ago, crzrr said:

Hi - could you tell us what you are seeing for the Journey?  Thanks.

There isn't anything for the Journey beyond the r/t Athens cruise in November.  Azamara may be reworking the itineraries

We did get the email today, touting our loyality: "Because of your loyalty, we wanted to give you an exclusive sneak peek of our thrilling new itineraries"   I guess its not so exculsive, since JazzBeau reported them on the web site more than 12 hr before the email.   In the past, loyalty members were given a 24 hr head start to book desirable cruises and cabins... not so this time. Nor were we impressed with the itineraries, while a few new ports, not really new itineraries.  And wondered why no Journey itineraries ( normally our favorite ship...).   Also noted the much increased prices ...  Overall impression: underwhelmed    ( and a bit disappointed...)

• Like 2

While I saw the Windstar info and posted it on the WS CC page, I didn’t receive the Azamara email. Granted my first cruise with them isn’t until January 2025 but I did just pay in full a few days ago to take advantage of the extra on board credit. Guess I better go check their webpage! 

10 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I don’t care for these Caribbean itineraries that begin or end in San Juan PR or Barbados.  It’s great for Azamara and the bottom line…..saves fuel costs for the 2 days on either end back and forth to Miami, but for the guests, it is extra time and money on our end to get to those beginning ports and get hotels……unless you live in Florida, I guess.  The only RT Miami cruises are on Onward.

I have a different viewpoint. I prefer Caribbean cruises that depart from San Juan. I like starting the cruise in the reliably warm part of the Caribbean. I also prefer to NOT have the 2 sea days at the start & end of the cruise going from/to Florida. I like sea days between port stops, not before/after all the port stops.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Mercruiser said:

I have a different viewpoint. I prefer Caribbean cruises that depart from San Juan. I like starting the cruise in the reliably warm part of the Caribbean. I also prefer to NOT have the 2 sea days at the start & end of the cruise going from/to Florida. I like sea days between port stops, not before/after all the port stops.

Glad they work for you.  Azamara is promoting this in the same way you mention…..no sea days and more time in the Caribbean.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Laganlady02 said:

Have you not received the email?

As my Azamara account and I remain apparently unknown to Azamara, thanks everyone for this news as I am receiving no mailings.  

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

At least they seem committed to AzAmazing Evenings.

Eleven cruises in the last 12 months, 1 crossing so no AzAmasing Evening, of the remaining 10, 2 have been onshore, 8 have been onboard  destination celebration.  Two of those 8, where changed after final payment to onboard.....5 more for this year, guess what only 1 of the 5 is onshore.  I don't see the commitment you're seeing sorry.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, laurieb said:

There isn't anything for the Journey beyond the r/t Athens cruise in November.  Azamara may be reworking the itineraries

With the seemingly increasing tricky issues, including geopolitical challenges, itineraries may be increasingly directed to the most stable regions, including the Caribbean,  I also expect that there will be needed flexibility on the part of both cruisers and cruise lines. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I don’t care for these Caribbean itineraries that begin or end in San Juan PR or Barbados.  It’s great for Azamara and the bottom line…..saves fuel costs for the 2 days on either end back and forth to Miami, but for the guests, it is extra time and money on our end to get to those beginning ports and get hotels……unless you live in Florida, I guess.  The only RT Miami cruises are on Onward.

They haven't announced the Journey schedule yet. 

I always received e-mails before the IT debacle, but then no more. In the past year, I have sent at least 50 requests to receive emails, still none. My TA requested, still none. Finally, yesterday, I called and spoke to someone. She escalated my issue and was told that my e-mail address had been abandoned. It hasn't been...I've used that email address every day for almost 30 years! So, the agent sent me a test email and it came right through. After an hour on the phone, they determined that they had it fixed. Lo and behold, I received the "big news" email this morning. Finally, it appears to be fixed. Yea!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nordski said:

With the seemingly increasing tricky issues, including geopolitical challenges, itineraries may be increasingly directed to the most stable regions, including the Caribbean,  I also expect that there will be needed flexibility on the part of both cruisers and cruise lines. 

Totally agree

Well I must be very privileged, 😆 I received 2 emails about this underwhelming subject. 
I like cruising* with Azamara , the staff make it really , but tbh I think it’s about time they have a rethink on getting some replacement ships , they are extremely tired and with old fashioned dark wood decor and despite refurbishing over recent years the works carried out in most of the cabins is poor, those bathrooms absolutely need to go, and a lot of things in and around the ship are tatty and well past their sell by date.

My husband and I are on Pursuit in Sept around Croatia and I’m sure it will be fine, but smarter and more contemporary surroundings would be nicer.

Not sure if we will be booking with them again , shame really.

Based on past history, one would expect the Journey to do South Africa during the northern winter of 2025/26, the dates of the latest news-- you know, the one with no Journey in them.  The Quest is doing South America, Pursuit, Asia, Onward, its world voyage.   I don't know of anything about this itinerary that might be a world-trouble?  Is it the ship?   Or the individuaal ports?

Posted (edited)

I received the email but since there were too many words without grabbing my attention due to using all the marketing gobbledygook, it wound up in my computer's circular file. Maybe some day they will learn that they only have three to five seconds to grab most people's attention to want to continue reading more.  Nothing in the first few lines did that for me.

I suspect interns wrote it.  They certainly can't have been creatives.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We got an email from our TA that our October 30, 2025 Egypt/Israel Intensive was cancelled. IT still shows as booked on the web. It still seems to be bookable online. When I asked The Future Cruise Director on the Journey about the cancellation as couple of weeks ago, she knew nothing about a cancellation.

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2024 at 10:16 AM, BrendaJ said:

Honestly, the prices are bonkers - many of these itineraries are over $1,000 Canadian per person per night for a standard verandah cabin. At that price point, Silversea and Seabourn are looking pretty good.

Yes.

Many are approaching $900 to $1000 US for a V1 for 2, though.  The Canadian exchange rate must be bonkers.

Having spent 62 days on Pursuit and Quest in last 4 months with varying satisfaction (and considerably off from as recently as a year ago) those prices are a no-go for us.  Much better price/value relationship (both downstream and upstream) elsewhere.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 1

I don't necessarily disagree, but the ships are what they are.  What I take more issue with is the obvious cheap-outs they did on the renovation of the Onward both in the standard cabins and in some public areas.  The spa locker rooms weren't even touched, broken fixtures and missing tiles etc., and the banged up cabinets and mismatched furniture and finishings in the staterooms stand out.  If only they had refurbed the cabins like Oceania's R-class ships, they did a gorgeous job.  Even got rid of the shower curtains. But then again, prices are well below Oceania (at least in my market).  I think Azamara did a much better job on the main public rooms with the decor however.