New “Brunch” menu?

While looking at Navigator for the Main Dining room (Not Lido) menus for our upcoming transatlantic cruise, the ‘menu’ tab / link only shows a Brunch menu for both the Breakfast menu and for the Lunch menu.  Anybody knows what’s up?  Brunch menu shown is limited compared to the old breakfast and lunch menus.

3 minutes ago, NukeTim said:

While looking at Navigator for the Main Dining room (Not Lido) menus for our upcoming transatlantic cruise, the ‘menu’ tab / link only shows a Brunch menu for both the Breakfast menu and for the Lunch menu.  Anybody knows what’s up?  Brunch menu shown is limited compared to the old breakfast and lunch menus.

You probably looked on a brunch day. It'll be the regular breakfast menu most days.

12 minutes ago, NukeTim said:

We had a few “brunch at sea” on our recent South Pacific cruise.  It messed up a lot of people who went down for breakfast in the MDR only to find it was “brunch” and not open yet as it was set hours. 

I will attach the menu we had.  

IMG_4636.jpeg

IMG_4635.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

The brunch was perfect for us since as non-breakfast eaters we are always looking for nourishment around 11-11:30. The hours are 9-1 if I recall correctly.  We enjoyed it every time we dined

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 2

What is the real purpose for a brunch  but to  cut  out one meal ?   Thought that with the stiff price increases the cruise line woud not have any additional cut backs ? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

What is the real purpose for a brunch  but to  cut  out one meal ?   Thought that with the stiff price increases the cruise line woud not have any additional cut backs ? 

For me it’s great as we can get up later. It suits our vacation style. Maybe it get more people to eat in the MDR on a sea day thus cutting down on the crowds  of the lido. 

I think it might be a nice change for the staff too 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

For me it’s great as we can get up later. It suits our vacation style. Maybe it get more people to eat in the MDR on a sea day thus cutting down on the crowds  of the lido. & I think it might be a nice change for the staff too 

The MDR is open for breakfast every day & that is where is go , Lunch in the MDR is only on Sea Days  . There are other options for lunch beside the Lido  ,Dive In & NY Pizza come to mind . If it were left to vote i would not vote for brunches  in place of regular meals . Getting up early gives us a full day to enjoy the activities  on the ship  or touring in ports . We also go to bed before 11 pm  . 

Although we enjoyed 13 Club Orange breakfasts on the Nieuw Statendam in March, the brunch was a nice change of pace and the only time we ate in the MDR.  

I wanted to mention that our brunch menu was similar but not the same as the one that has been posted.  My friend started a banana bread, different from the banana French toast offered daily.  For my main, I had a delicious Mexican style skillet with beans and cheese served with tortilla chips.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

The brunch is a nice meal and usually quite a nice menu too. Our crab cake at brunch was the best crab cake I have ever had - rich in crab, not too much bread and DH’s appetizer of bananas foster pancakes were super 

Edited by Mary229

7 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Our crab cake at brunch was the best crab cake I have ever had - rich in crab, not too much bread

Although I enjoyed the new MDR brunch, I have never had a good crab cake on HAL.  I try one in a different venue every cruise and have always been extremely disappointed.  Perhaps it is because I am from MD.  We make our crab cakes with blue crab, and just a little mayo and egg to bind, definitely no onion or peppers to mask the flavor of the sweet crab meat. 🦀🦀🦀

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Although I enjoyed the new MDR brunch, I have never had a good crab cake on HAL.  I try one in a different venue every cruise and have always been extremely disappointed.  Perhaps it is because I am from MD.  We make our crab cakes with blue crab, and just a little mayo and egg to bind, definitely no onion or peppers to mask the flavor of the sweet crab meat. 🦀🦀🦀

DH is from south Jersey and I am from New Orleans, I am telling you - this was a good crab cake. I usually shy away from crab cake on Hal but figured WTH     I as rewarded this time

• Thanks 1