Grand Suite Cabin

1 minute ago, Gitana said:

We will be on Voyager in Western Med in 2025.

We did Voyager B3B last year.   Loved it.  🙂   Hope you will too.  

We actually enjoyed sitting at the bar in the VCL more than being in the suite's lounge.   Loved the bar set up out there.  We could still pop into the SL right next door for snacks or coffee when we wanted.  Very convenient. 

Not a fan at all of the then DL, now called Crown Lounge on deck 5.   

Though it is indeed called a "Suite's Lounge" it does not do the 11-11 beer, wine and bubbly as a free perk being in a suite, like the newer larger ships do.   But of course you can still use your 5 drink coupons anywhere.  And BTW....being in a GS gets you into Chops for breakfast.  We enjoyed it every day...good food and great service!   

Have a fantabulous cruise!  🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sailing on Utopia in September … in a Grand suite for first time… we are Diamond…

so are soft drinks ,wine and beer complementary in Suite lounge 11am until 11pm or as I thought 5pm until 8pm?

We will have drinks vouchers for our first Diamond cruise… I’m confused a little!

1 hour ago, dino1037 said:

Sailing on Utopia in September … in a Grand suite for first time… we are Diamond…

so are soft drinks ,wine and beer complementary in Suite lounge 11am until 11pm or as I thought 5pm until 8pm?

We will have drinks vouchers for our first Diamond cruise… I’m confused a little!

Soft drinks , beer and wine 11 to 11. Happy hour has free liquor for 3 hours , you should get a email telling you the times for happy hour and the rest of your perks no drink vouchers needed, You can use your drink vouchers anytime in any bar .

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Next time you have that set up....ask the concierge to change out your sea pass card to a suite's card.

7 hours ago, DebJ14 said:

I have always had a Suite Card.

We get the suite card sometimes.  I don't bother switching.  The older staff know the room numbers and I just remind them to be sure.  I do wish Royal put a suite designation on the cards to avoid this issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

We did Voyager B3B last year.   Loved it.  🙂   Hope you will too.  

We actually enjoyed sitting at the bar in the VCL more than being in the suite's lounge.   Loved the bar set up out there.  We could still pop into the SL right next door for snacks or coffee when we wanted.  Very convenient. 

Not a fan at all of the then DL, now called Crown Lounge on deck 5.   

Though it is indeed called a "Suite's Lounge" it does not do the 11-11 beer, wine and bubbly as a free perk being in a suite, like the newer larger ships do.   But of course you can still use your 5 drink coupons anywhere.  And BTW....being in a GS gets you into Chops for breakfast.  We enjoyed it every day...good food and great service!   

Have a fantabulous cruise!  🤗

Is breakfast at Chops a perk for all Sky level passengers? Is the breakfast menu different there than Coastal Kitchen? I am also confused-- I know Diamond members have drink vouchers but are wine and soda free all day in the Crown Lounge if you are in a Sky-level Suite (and also Diamond)?

11 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

Is breakfast at Chops a perk for all Sky level passengers? Is the breakfast menu different there than Coastal Kitchen? I am also confused-- I know Diamond members have drink vouchers but are wine and soda free all day in the Crown Lounge if you are in a Sky-level Suite (and also Diamond)?

Chops:  A perk for GS and above, plus Pinnacles for breakfast.  

Yes, breakfast menu is just a bit different.  Though the OP will not have a Coastal Kitchen on her ship. 

No, the ship will list the times for Crown Lounge happy hour (usually a 2 - 2.5 hour starting around 5 pm), but you still have to use your vouchers.  No freebies for wine and soda at all, at anytime...... in Crown Lounge. 

Only ships with a Coastal kitchen, and those in suites get wine, beer and soda in the SL on those ships as complimentary from 11-11.   

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, steveru621 said:

Charging my P vouchers has happened every night on my cruise.  

Check your account.

As long as our limit did not go over 12....I did not try to fight it.   Though I agree it would be a good idea to mention it to the staff if I were worried about going over the 12.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dino1037 said:

Yes, as a guest in a GS....you will have those perks on your ship in the SL.  Though the quality and choice of the selected wine and beer for the 11-11 time frame has gone downhill big time...IMHO.   

Full drinks from 5-8.   

Just be sure to let the bartender know you want the drinks charged to your suite perks.  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, as a guest in a GS....you will have those perks on your ship in the SL.  Though the quality and choice of the selected wine and beer for the 11-11 time frame has gone downhill big time...IMHO.   

Full drinks from 5-8.   

Just be sure to let the bartender know you want the drinks charged to your suite perks.  

Thank you! Very excited … hope the extra $$$ is worth it for the suite!!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

Full drinks from 5-8.   

Thanks for your help also !

16 minutes ago, dino1037 said:

Thank you! Very excited … hope the extra $$$ is worth it for the suite!!

IMHO....well worth it.  🥰

There is one problem though...once you go GS...it's tough to go back.  😉 😄 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Full drinks from 5-8.   

I've asked this before, but I'm still a little confused.

If we are a suite and having dinner in Coastal Kitchen, can I order a cocktail from the dining room table and have it charged to our suite perks?  Or do I have to go to the bar and order there and bring it with me.  (I know it's one big room).   We are Diamond.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

IMHO....well worth it.  🥰

There is one problem though...once you go GS...it's tough to go back.  😉 😄 

I can imagine! I booked it the day it went on sale and it’s more than doubled in price now x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mafig said:

If we are a suite and having dinner in Coastal Kitchen, can I order a cocktail from the dining room table and have it charged to our suite perks?

That's what we have done.  The bar is right there, so it's quicker than the MDR too.  Essentially once they realize you are in a suite you don't need to worry about typical drinks from 11-11.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mafig said:

I've asked this before, but I'm still a little confused.

If we are a suite and having dinner in Coastal Kitchen, can I order a cocktail from the dining room table and have it charged to our suite perks?  Or do I have to go to the bar and order there and bring it with me.  (I know it's one big room).   We are Diamond.

As long as it is during the approx. (each ship is different) 5-8 "happy hour" time...you can order anything you like at the bar, in the lounge, or at your table.  Enjoy!  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dino1037 said:

I can imagine! I booked it the day it went on sale and it’s more than doubled in price now x

Indeed...such is life now with bookings.   😮 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 12:28 PM, island lady said:

Interesting.   Would not want that poor concierge's job.   Yikes!  😮 

There has been many times in the SL on Harmony and Wonder, that they would simply charge our Pinnacle vouchers.   I guess I could have complained...but we rarely consume all 6 vouchers per person per day anyway.....  So free is free for me. 

Though if it did go over, which has not yet, I would indeed make a visit to the concierge myself.  😉 

You don't get free drinks in the SL any more.  Only Suite guests.

On 4/10/2024 at 1:09 PM, island lady said:

As long as it is during the approx. (each ship is different) 5-8 "happy hour" time...you can order anything you like at the bar, in the lounge, or at your table.  Enjoy!  🙂 

Since when, and where is this written?

1 hour ago, SRF said:

OK.....so you assume all Pinnacles sail in inside cabins???    

Wow...just wow.   😵‍💫

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Since when, and where is this written?

OK...obviously you know it all, and think you especially know me.   Good luck with that one. 

So let me clue you in.  This Pinnacle sails in GS as a favorite cabin.  And this Pinnacle that is staying in a suite has always been served the happy hour full alcohol drinks, and superior wine choices from 5-8 anywhere in the SL or CK (yes at the table) unlimited and complimentary.  The letter from the SL concierge spells it out...yes...written on paper.  

Now...would you like to step back and reconsider that attitude just a bit?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:
3 hours ago, SRF said:

A pinnacle sailing in a suite *IS* a suite guest.  I don't understand why you refuse to accept that and continue to troll everyone about their assumptions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cigar King said:

A pinnacle sailing in a suite *IS* a suite guest.  I don't understand why you refuse to accept that and continue to troll everyone about their assumptions.

Don't you think that poster could have stated that comment (which was quoted to and was aimed at me) as more of a general statement?   Something like "Pinnacles not in a suite do not receive free drinks in the SL".    That would have been more to the point, stating the obvious.  

But pointing the finger at me as "YOU no longer get free drinks in the SL".   Yes, I probably over reacted, you are right.  I just get tired of so many that think anyone wearing a Pinnacle badge is taking over "their" Suites Lounge.  They are the ones assuming that those Pinnacles are not suite's pax.  

In actuality, I am in your camp.  I would like to see the Suite's Lounge and CK be exclusively for GS pax and above.  (Flame suite adjusted here), but I don't make the rules...RCI does.  

This thread is titled as a GS topic.  The conversations many of us were having was of being in a GS, and still getting charged our C&A vouchers during happy hour in SL/CK.  Which is not right.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2024 at 8:51 PM, smokeybandit said:

I always get asked. And the drinks go on my folio (at $0). But that's more to find out who's in a suite and who's just a Pinnacle who has to use vouchers.

I have been asked as well and my card was taken.  More than 1x on same cruise.

20 hours ago, island lady said:

Wow...just wow.   😵‍💫

NO, I was pointing out that only suite guests get free drinks in the lounge.  If a Pinnacle is a suite guest, they get free drinks.  Pre-COVID they got free drinks even if they were in an Interior.