Dining at Blu with non Aqua guest for a fee?

We are booked in an Aqua cabin on an August sailing of the Silhouette. A friend might join us but there are only one inside and one veranda cabin available to book. Aqua is sol out. If he decides to book the inside or veranda, can he join us for dinner at Blu if we pay a fee for him, based on availability of course?

Sorry...No can do.

Due to size and space limits, BLU is exclusive to AQ Class guests and suite guests on a space available basis for bkfst & dinner.  Lunch is not served.

.  Have not heard of any exceptions...other than possibly  those who are single in an AQ cabin.

you can dine together at a Specialty venue, buffet  or  the mdr . Maybe friends can put in a move up bid???

• Like 3

Just now, hcat said:

Sorry...No can do.

Due to size and space limits, BLU is exclusive to AQ Class guests and suite guests on a space available basis for bkfst & dinner.  Lunch is not served.

.  Have not heard of any exceptions...other than possibly  those who are single in an AQ cabin.

you can dine together at a Specialty venue, buffet  or  the mdr . Maybe friends can put in a move up bid???

Ok thanks. I know it’s allowed at Lumanae, thought it might be the same at Blu. Hopefully an Aqua will open up.

Hi,

We had a similar situation as you last June.  We spoke to the Blu manager and were able to have our friends join us one evening for early dining on a port night.  Speak to the Blu manager during the cruise.

• Thanks 1

You might also get lucky and an AQ room opens up right before final payment. When I’ve been lucky with getting a cabin close in, it’s been about a week before final payment when people decide not to go and change their cruise to another one. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

We are booked in an Aqua cabin on an August sailing of the Silhouette. A friend might join us but there are only one inside and one veranda cabin available to book. Aqua is sol out. If he decides to book the inside or veranda, can he join us for dinner at Blu if we pay a fee for him, based on availability of course?

This has been a hard no unless a passenger is a single occupant of an Aqua stateroom.  You can always ask but I would not expect a yes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

Ok thanks. I know it’s allowed at Lumanae, thought it might be the same at Blu. Hopefully an Aqua will open up.

Is anybody allowed to dine in Luminae or do you have to know somebody in the suites to dine there and what is the fee please?

1 hour ago, Celtic_Creation said:

Hi,

We had a similar situation as you last June.  We spoke to the Blu manager and were able to have our friends join us one evening for early dining on a port night.  Speak to the Blu manager during the cruise.

Bad precedent even if it worked out well for you. Must have been VERY slow!  I don't think most Maitre Ds would say yes..but  no harm in asking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Is anybody allowed to dine in Luminae or do you have to know somebody in the suites to dine there and what is the fee please?

The last I knew you had to be invited by someone in a suite and the charge was $20/$30/$50 B/L/D.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

It’s my understanding that as a suite guest you can invite a non suite guest to dinner at Luminae as long as you pay a fee for the guest and there is availability 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Bad precedent even if it worked out well for you. Must have been VERY slow!  I don't think most Maitre Ds would say yes..but  no harm in asking.

Couldn’t hurt to ask. We generally eat very late so it might be a slow time.  But I’m sure if it is ever allowed it will be a rare occurrence. Not sure if our friend, who will be traveling solo, will book the cruise if an Aqua room doesn’t open up unless he could eat with us on a regular basis. Of course there are specialty restaurants that the 3 of us could go to, so we will see what he decides on

17 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

It’s my understanding that as a suite guest you can invite a non suite guest to dinner at Luminae as long as you pay a fee for the guest and there is availability 

Either the host or the guest can pay.

10 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Couldn’t hurt to ask. We generally eat very late so it might be a slow time.  But I’m sure if it is ever allowed it will be a rare occurrence. Not sure if our friend, who will be traveling solo, will book the cruise if an Aqua room doesn’t open up unless he could eat with us on a regular basis. Of course there are specialty restaurants that the 3 of us could go to, so we will see what he decides on

Or you could arrange to eat with them in the MDR. Probably wouldn’t even be a charge.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mark_K said:

Or you could arrange to eat with them in the MDR. Probably wouldn’t even be a charge.

There would definitely not be a charge for foregoing Blue and  eating with the friend in the main dining room.

23 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

There would definitely not be a charge for foregoing Blue and  eating with the friend in the main dining room.

Absolutely! It’s on the silhouette and I’m sure it will be very nice.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

That is my understanding as well

Out of curiosity, was this recent? Our experience has always been that it is $30 for dinner. The last time we brought friends to Luminae was 2022 though.

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

you have to be in Retreat class to have access to Luminae.  Depending on how busy, a Retreat guest sometimes can pay a fee and bring a non Retreat guest in.    

2 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

Out of curiosity, was this recent? Our experience has always been that it is $30 for dinner. The last time we brought friends to Luminae was 2022 though.

I was recently told that it was 30 for dinner

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Luminae is not like a speciality restaurant where anyone can just pay a fee to dine there. You have to be invited by a suite guest and it needs to be cleared with the Maitre D’ based on date/time/availability. Fees are not consistent across the fleet. It used to be that the fee was charged to the suite guests account. 

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Either the host or the guest can pay.

Is this new?  We tried When we were guest of a passenger in a Royal Suite one cruise and were no allowed to pay. We were told that only the Suite Guest could pay for our dinner there. 

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Is this new?  We tried When we were guest of a passenger in a Royal Suite one cruise and were no allowed to pay. We were told that only the Suite Guest could pay for our dinner there. 

Last fall I was a guest in Luminae several nights.  The chit was always brought to me to sign.  You must get authorization for guests from the maitre d'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Not new but just another consistently inconsistent experience 

• Like 1