does RCI allow signed waivers for 18-20 year olds to drink.

It depends on where you are sailing.

Here it is:
ALCOHOL POLICY The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean ships on sailings originating in North America or the Caribbean is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean ships on sailings originating in South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seacruise said:

It depends on where you are sailing.

Here it is:
ALCOHOL POLICY The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean ships on sailings originating in North America or the Caribbean is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean ships on sailings originating in South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

That's just local drinking ages. The question was about if a parent could give permission for those underage to drink once in international waters which RC no longer allows.

56 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That's just local drinking ages. The question was about if a parent could give permission for those underage to drink once in international waters which RC no longer allows.

That is the policy. No exemption. International waters do not apply. It can be argued that why is the drinking age 21 on cruises to Alaska from Vancouver yet the drinking age is 19 in Canadian waters? It is to make things simple. Watch the signs go up as the ship approaches Alaska waters warning you if you buy/provide anyone under 21 a drink you will be prosecuted under State Law.
If you want to further complicate matters the age onboard a ship from Europe to North America is 18 but going to Europe it is 21 even from San Juan PR (the drinking age there is 18) to Europe is 21.
The cruise lines are trying to simplify things but many want the exceptions.

I can further attest to this on a Royal cruise from San Juan to Europe I had my 19 year old daughter with me. I just assumed that since the ship left San Juan the age would be 18. About day 4 a waiter in the schooner Bar came up to me and said I better not be giving my daughter drinks or they will report me and have us removed at the next port.
I was on the next cruise in Europe from Spain and the age changed to 18 and the top deck now was a topless deck. I made a point t buy drinks in the same bar but not from the waiter that had told me otherwise.