Has Barbara resigned?

tiggertom

9 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Great above guess and speculation!!  The "transition" from her husband as CEO to Barbara was fascinating and raising interesting questions.  Now this??  Inquiring minds want to know more as to the "Rest of the Story"!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio   

People should stop speculating. RCG is a publicly traded company. As such, the corporate culture is of course different than the once privately held Silversea.
Their stock has been an outstanding performer. 
It’s TBD whether RCGs luxury flagship purchase under new leadership will navigate a course that is favorable to both its’ loyal following and RCGs bottom line?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Archipelago said:

Barbara was great ! She helped me with our failed Shadow cruise.

FWIW, I was never a fan.  Be that as it may, the above statement is quite telling.

IMO, the CEO of a multi-multi-million dollar company should not be helping individual travelers.  She has far more important duties and responsibilities.  And if she has that much free time on her hands, then there shouldn't be any issues within the company that require executive action.  But we know that's not the case - there are many decisions necessary to steer a winning course for the company.

Yes, it was nice for those select few that got the personal touch.  Was it good for the company?

In a way, reminds me of Edie over at Crystal.  She didn't focus enough attention on the well being of the company, but was busy doing "other stuff".

In any case, I wish her well in whatever endeavor she undertakes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

In a way, reminds me of Edie over at Crystal.  She didn't focus enough attention on the well being of the company, but was busy doing "other stuff".

Edie was only looking out for herself and making it all about her.  Barbara was helping customers (including responding to my email question about the dress code that would be on Silver Ray).  Coming from Azamara, that's what I look for in officers and executives – and what I don't expect from the new Royal installs.  But I may solve my problem by doing exactly what Barbara just did...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Observer said:

Here is another interesting post:

Manfredi Lefebvre

Congratulations Bert and good work! The best thing that could happen to my creature, Silversea. Best,
Manfredi

15 hours ago, Observer said:

Here is another interesting post:

Manfredi Lefebvre

Congratulations Bert and good work! The best thing that could happen to my creature, Silversea. Best,
Manfredi

Rather ambiguous, he could be thinking yes my brand has been downgraded& Bert will do it more & it’ll be more Royal Caribbean than ever! I did not realise Barbara had been with Silversea for so long so perhaps like many other top staff she is going to Crystal, Silversea are no longer the line we remember when Manfradi owned it, hoping Crystal will be its replacement! We’re 5 days off 500 days then shall be taking new lines into account when booking. We can all summise until we here more, not long I assume, unless she had a NDA 

Damn this does not bode well.  Ms. Muckermann really cared and it showed,  She is the only CEO I have encountered who personally returned an email and took action.  She interacted with many clients. She understood us.  I fear the worst. ( I am also of the opinion that the new ships are too large but that's off topic, sor,t of I am recently  off the Moon which, for me is nearly perfect. It is a gorgeous ship)  After our first SS cruise, which was near perfect we said from now on, " if it ain't broke don't fix it". Around 10 cruises and 200 days in, there have been a couple of minor bumps but no big deal, they have been near perfect.  In 12 years we've had two cruise consultants who have been really helpful and the importance of which can't be underestimated,  Yes, the food goes a little up or a little down, it's nothing to get exercised about.  The logistics of embarkations and transfers  etc were handled smoothly,  We will be 30 days on the Whisper this summer, it is being retrofitted and about to be in dry dock, I wonder if its future is a larger expedition ship?  

Anyhow, I read somewhere awhile ago that Silversea had the highest return rate of any cruise line.  I am sure, absolutely sure, that changes will be made that will anger a lot of people, probably me too, which has me angry already.  On board posts are really going to be interesting the next few months. Cheers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Edie was only looking out for herself and making it all about her.  Barbara was helping customers (including responding to my email question about the dress code that would be on Silver Ray).

You miss my point.

Both ER and BM spent time taking their eye off the ball.   Even the best customer generates what, maybe half to three quarters of a million in gross income.  In the big picture, that's a drop in the bucket.

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Coming from Azamara, that's what I look for in officers and executives – and what I don't expect from the new Royal installs. 

Yep...that's what an individual may want...those great strokes.  OTOH, from a company standpoint, is that the best use for a CEO's time and energy?  And from my standpoint, I would want my CEO to be focused on making the company, and product, the best it can be.

Want to be a touchy-feely, help the customer kind of executive?  Lead the customer relations team, not sit in the CEO chair.

And to keep this cruise oriented, compare this with the people who want charming, engaging, and sociable captains.  Personally, I don't care about those things -- what matters is how they run their ship.   Francesco Schettino is a prime example.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

You miss my point.

Both ER and BM spent time taking their eye off the ball.   Even the best customer generates what, maybe half to three quarters of a million in gross income.  In the big picture, that's a drop in the bucket.

Yep...that's what an individual may want...those great strokes.  OTOH, from a company standpoint, is that the best use for a CEO's time and energy?  And from my standpoint, I would want my CEO to be focused on making the company, and product, the best it can be.

Want to be a touchy-feely, help the customer kind of executive?  Lead the customer relations team, not sit in the CEO chair.

And to keep this cruise oriented, compare this with the people who want charming, engaging, and sociable captains.  Personally, I don't care about those things -- what matters is how they run their ship.   Francesco Schettino is a prime example.

I think you may be underestimating women’s ability to multi-task.  Why does setting a stellar customer service example have to come at the expense of executive responsibilities, otherwise?  The CEO impacts the corporate culture by example not by dictating.  Do you really personally know that BM was not disciplined and neglecting any of her other duties?  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

I think you may be underestimating women’s ability to multi-task.

WHOA!!!

Who ever said anything about "women's ability"?

Or are you claiming that women have some special ability unique to themselves?

Back on topic, please.

• Thanks 2

In my opinion, I think Barbara has somebody that checks her emails and then forwarded the email to the right person in the food chain. That was my experience with sending emails to Barabra. It worked for me on more than one occasion.

• Like 1

Just curious, did some of you meet her in person? Reading all the replies it sounds like everyone actually knows her......I must be in the minority. Don't corporate companies have executive changes all the time?

Wishing her well in her future endeavors.

15 hours ago, Capt.F said:

People should stop speculating. RCG is a publicly traded company. As such, the corporate culture is of course different than the once privately held Silversea.   Their stock has been an outstanding performer.  It’s TBD whether RCGs luxury flagship purchase under new leadership will navigate a course that is favorable to both its’ loyal following and RCGs bottom line?

While some are guessing and speculation, many, including me, have posted based on recent and actual Silversea sailing and observing in-person as to our actually experiences.  As noted, most on the ship for us ranged good to excellent.  BUT, other aspects show signs of management goof-ups and miscommunications from the higher administrative/finance sides of Silversea.  I call it "bean-counter" errors.

The stock, as detailed on another thread, for Royal Caribbean has been better than has happened with Celebrity and Norwegian.  But, RCL is far from its peak three plus years ago. Still billions of debt to be recovered and much more in future new-ship costs to be financially covered, etc.

Agree, much is TBD!!! 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 249,855 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1896175-solstice-live-australianzhawaii-many-pix’s-jan-20-feb-3/

3 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Your last sentence ruins the argument, but even before that what you are doing is describing what you want which you then project as good corporate policy.  I am describing what I want, which since it keeps customers coming back is (IMHO) better corporate policy.  But we are both starting from our own desires and projecting that; one (or possibly both) of us is wrong.

And for what it's worth I think Edie and Schettino are the ones who are more alike (self-centered, and their failure was the direct result of that hubris) and Barbara is very different.  But the proof of that will be her second act, and whether she succeeds.

• Like 1