Indian food menu in MDR

6 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

They do but you need to pre-arrange it.

Ooh, you can do that in the MDR? I thought that was only a Haven thing. 

What else can you prearrange for, if you know enough to ask? I do know about pre arranging for vegetarian mushroom soup in Le Bistro. 

2 hours ago, Monica887 said:

Ooh, you can do that in the MDR? I thought that was only a Haven thing. 

What else can you prearrange for, if you know enough to ask? I do know about pre arranging for vegetarian mushroom soup in Le Bistro. 

If you have dietary restrictions, you can notify the Access  Desk and then coordinate on the ship with the restaurants you will be dining in

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

13 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

On the Encore last month and there was a wide selection of Indian Food in the MDR. Not sure if there was an actual menu posted but always something everyday.

Is there a possibility you are thinking of the Garden Cafe?

NCL does not have a selection of Indian food in the MDR on their main menus. It needs to be requested and arranged in advance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Is there a possibility you are thinking of the Garden Cafe?

NCL does not have a selection of Indian food in the MDR on their main menus. It needs to be requested and arranged in advance.

Oops... you are correct...I saw Indian food and immediately thought of the Buffet...thanks for picking up on that..sorry OP ignore my comments 🫢

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They did used to and this was popular with Indo-Canadian and Indo-American groups and families. I have also experienced an Indian night in the MDR arranged by a member of Cruise Critic or for the solo gathering. 

Now Indian food in the MDR needs to be prearranged and pre-ordered. This is done through the Maître d, not the access desk.

Edited by YVRteacher

There is definitely a variety of Indian food in the buffet. A number of years ago they offered a Taste of India event one evening with wonderful selection. A couple years later we asked about it and was told that they could arrange a special Indian dinner for us if scheduled. We did and had the food served in the MDR but later discovered it was simply the same Indian dishes that were being served in the buffet that night.

10 hours ago, CaptainBazz said:

Oops... you are correct...I saw Indian food and immediately thought of the Buffet...thanks for picking up on that..sorry OP ignore my comments 🫢

Ahhh, I thought this was just something I didn't know about. Oh well, I do enjoy the Indian selections in the buffet.  Although on my last cruise, I found that they lightened up on the spice 

2 hours ago, pete_coach said:

We were on Bliss and in 15 days, there was no Indian food in either the MDR or Taste or Savour. You had to go to the buffet to get it.

Yes. Thats correct.

Its always in the buffet every day, even for breakfast.

1 hour ago, stellarose33 said:

never sailed NCL. hoping there are good vegetarian options on MDR and buffet.

There are vegetarian dishes every day at the buffet and MDR.

Kind of repetitive but they are repetitive and small vegetarian selections in every restaurant everywhere.

• Like 1