Hair Dryers on Liberty

Hi all. Haven't been on The Liberty in years. I was just wondering what kind of hair dryer they have? The one that you need to hold the button for it to stay on, or the ones the newer ships have, the control can switch on or off.  Just curious.

Thanks,

Marg

1 hour ago, maggie416 said:

Hi all. Haven't been on The Liberty in years. I was just wondering what kind of hair dryer they have? The one that you need to hold the button for it to stay on, or the ones the newer ships have, the control can switch on or off.  Just curious.

Thanks,

Marg

just the cheap ones you have to hold down the button.  I won't use them, I take my own blow dryer for any cruise/hotel/resort I go to.

My wife uses whatever is in the cabin. We were on Liberty 2 years ago and it was the new style that stayed on. Onboard the Jewel last month, when we got in our cabin, it was the old style that required holding the button. She hated it. On the second day it broke (wouldn't turn on) so our cabin steward brought us a new one. It was the new style that stayed on. My wife loved it. If you get the old style in your cabin, maybe it will somehow break and you'll get the new style.

We've had a variety of cruises recently and there is no reasoning regarding the hairdryer type.  We had a recent Enchantment ( old ship)  B2B and moved a  few cabins away ( same cabin class) and had the newer dryer in one and the "hold button" type in another.  

M

49 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My wife uses whatever is in the cabin. We were on Liberty 2 years ago and it was the new style that stayed on. Onboard the Jewel last month, when we got in our cabin, it was the old style that required holding the button. She hated it. On the second day it broke (wouldn't turn on) so our cabin steward brought us a new one. It was the new style that stayed on. My wife loved it. If you get the old style in your cabin, maybe it will somehow break and you'll get the new style.

LOL, you just never know!!! I make do with whatever, but on the Oases last yr the hair dryer actually dried your hair!!!

I have to say, if the new slide-button dryers were chosen because people complained about holding the button down, I'm a bit disappointed that there is now an additional, though minor, fire hazard on the ships.

Perhaps you all know that dryers should only be plugged in at the desk outlet, not the bathroom outlet, which is for shavers only, and that Dyson Air Wrap dryers are notorious for destroying themselves on ships.