Can you recommend Miami hotel near the airport with shuttle to the port?

Derbie

Good morning,

We will have a party of 8, and we are trying to determine if we want to use Uber, etc., or locate a hotel that provides a shuttle to the port.  The hotel we are looking at has an airport shuttle, but we arrive so late that I think we will have to take a cab or uber to the hotel on arrival.  I didn't see anything about a port terminal shuttle.

Thanks in advance,

If you do find one that offers a shuttle (most seem to only offer shutlles from/to the airport) it will most likely require a per person payment.  With 8 people make sure you do the the math comparing that price to 2 Uber XLs (at least that is what we needed for 8 in Fort Lauderdale last summer) before deciding your best option.

Most hotels in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood have shuttle service to the Port of Miami for a fee per person. The hotel price is also more affordable instead of staying in the downtown Miami area where prices are higher, especially during the winter high season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corby114 said:

Most hotels in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood have shuttle service to the Port of Miami for a fee per person. The hotel price is also more affordable instead of staying in the downtown Miami area where prices are higher, especially during the winter high season.

I agree, we have stayed downtown and have paid usually about 300 for the standard room plus parking. We are flying in this time and are staying at the Hilton Blue lagoon which has free shuttle from airport and believe the shuttle to the port is 14 pp. we got a 1 bedroom suite with balcony over looking the lagoon for less then a basic downtown room. 

• Like 1

We recently stayed at Hampton Inn Suites Blue Lagoon. Their comp shuttle from MIA to their hotel worked out fine.

We'll be staying their again next month May with our extended family of 6 so we'll use the comp shuttle again from MIA.

To get from the hotel to POM it is $14.00pp so I priced out two Uber XLs and it's only $6.00 cheaper so we'll opt for the hotel shuttle since it'll be easier for us all and our luggage.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

We recently stayed at Hampton Inn Suites Blue Lagoon. Their comp shuttle from MIA to their hotel worked out fine.

We'll be staying their again next month May with our extended family of 6 so we'll use the comp shuttle again from MIA.

To get from the hotel to POM it is $14.00pp so I priced out two Uber XLs and it's only $6.00 cheaper so we'll opt for the hotel shuttle since it'll be easier for us all and our luggage.

Hampton inn Blue Lagoon has a shuttle for a fee to port? It doesn't say that anywhere on there website. 

2 hours ago, DennysDad said:

Hampton inn Blue Lagoon has a shuttle for a fee to port? It doesn't say that anywhere on there website. 

Sorry it doesn't say on their website but they absolutely DO. We just used it on Feb 23rd from the hotel to the POM. We signed up for it the night we checked into the hotel and chose our departure time for the next morning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DennysDad said:

Calling the hotel directly and confirming is always a good idea.  They will also be able to provide you with the current pricing and scheduling.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Calling the hotel directly and confirming is always a good idea.  They will also be able to provide you with the current pricing and scheduling.

Have you used there shuttle?

29 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Have you used there shuttle?

No but I always call a hotel (any hotel) about things that aren't clear on their websites like shuttles, early check-in, late check-out, etc.

3 minutes ago, capriccio said:

No but I always call a hotel (any hotel) about things that aren't clear on their websites like shuttles, early check-in, late check-out, etc.

I love it when its in writing online. Because calling can become ____said on the phone when I called etc. (Ashland) I find to be a very reliable source. I do plan to call, but it does concern me not on website. It would be the primary reason for booking that particular hotel. Amount of bags makes Uber a double expense, shuttles work better for us. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

I love it when its in writing online. Because calling can become ____said on the phone when I called etc. (Ashland) I find to be a very reliable source. I do plan to call, but it does concern me not on website. It would be the primary reason for booking that particular hotel. Amount of bags makes Uber a double expense, shuttles work better for us. 

i agree that @Ashlandis a very reliable source on this board and that websites can be unreliable but if you are concerned it is best to double check because policies can change without any notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

i agree that @Ashlandis a very reliable source on this board and that websites can be unreliable but if you are concerned it is best to double check because policies can change without any notice.

Thanks...I try to be as current and correct as possible when giving info.

• Like 1

We just booked the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. They have a park and stay option for $293 for the week. That includes the shuttle. If you are flying in, the shuttle is $14 pp and sign up when you check in. 

I did call 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2024 at 12:23 AM, Ashland said:

Sorry it doesn't say on their website but they absolutely DO. We just used it on Feb 23rd from the hotel to the POM. We signed up for it the night we checked into the hotel and chose our departure time for the next morning.

Do you remember what times the shuttle is to the POM?

16 minutes ago, DebOinKC said:

Do you remember what times the shuttle is to the POM?

I believe it was 10/11/12/1...We took the 11am shuttle.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2024 at 8:00 PM, DennysDad said:

Actually it does.

http://www.hamptoninnmiamiairport.com/shuttle.html

PORT OF MIAMI

Shuttle Services to the PORT OF MIAMI is offered at ONE-WAY basis

• FROM Hotel TO Port of Miami ONLY - charges apply
  • Shuttle Services provided by 305Connection Tours

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DennysDad said:

I still don't see it. 

Click the link provided, then scroll all the way to the bottom to find their info on shuttle to the port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

Actually it does.

http://www.hamptoninnmiamiairport.com/shuttle.html

PORT OF MIAMI

Shuttle Services to the PORT OF MIAMI is offered at ONE-WAY basis

• FROM Hotel TO Port of Miami ONLY - charges apply
  • Shuttle Services provided by 305Connection Tours

Thanks for this new info pickup from MIA that for us starts May 1st which is a different location than it was for us this past Feb.

• Like 1