Crown And Anchor X Captains Club Transfer Question

Quick Question 

Looking to book my first cruise as an adult on Royal Caribbean, I'm an Elite Member on Celebrity, and I know that Royal Caribbean honors that on their ships. 

I don't mean for this to be drawn out, but when I did a mock booking on celebrity, I got a couple hundred bucks off my cruise because of my Elite membership, how do I link my Captains Club and my Crown and Anchor accounts? Only real reason I want to do it now is so I can save a couple hundred bucks when I go to book. 

Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, adequall said:

Quick Question 

Looking to book my first cruise as an adult on Royal Caribbean, I'm an Elite Member on Celebrity, and I know that Royal Caribbean honors that on their ships. 

I don't mean for this to be drawn out, but when I did a mock booking on celebrity, I got a couple hundred bucks off my cruise because of my Elite membership, how do I link my Captains Club and my Crown and Anchor accounts? Only real reason I want to do it now is so I can save a couple hundred bucks when I go to book. 

Thanks for the help!

We went the other way - RCL to X - and all it took was a quick call to X to set up our account and give them our RCL C&A numbers. Should work in the reverse as well. You may even be able to do it on line by now.

4 minutes ago, adequall said:

Quick Question 

Thanks for the help!

Call the CC at 1-800-760-0654 or the CAS at 1-800-526-9723. Have you checked Celebrity's or RC website to verify if your  tier level match is already there? 

Just now, Cruising89143 said:

Give Royal your Captain’s Club number and they will handle. You will be Diamond on RCI.

I just came into this thread just to read as next year we may do the reverse. I now get promotional email that shows me as ELITE (I was Diamond then, but about to make my first cruise as Diamond Plus next week, if there a level above Elite with X?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BillOh said:

I just came into this thread just to read as next year we may do the reverse. I now get promotional email that shows me as ELITE (I was Diamond then, but about to make my first cruise as Diamond Plus next week, if there a level above Elite with X?

Yes, but you have to sail and earn Elite+ on your own. Not reciprocal. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BillOh said:

There is but they only match up to Diamond/Elite between both lines. In order to move up to Elite Plus, you have to earn points for each cruise taken. 

31 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

There is but they only match up to Diamond/Elite between both lines. In order to move up to Elite Plus, you have to earn points for each cruise taken. 

We have received several surveys from X recently that intimated they are looking at whether more RCL loyalists would switch to X if they did a true status match.😇

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just to clarify how the two programs work together, there is reciprocity between the two programs when sailing on each other in terms of benefits.  They match benefits on board as follows:

When on Celebrity, RCCL Platinum and Emerald are equivalent to Celebrity Select, and RCCL Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle are equal to Celebrity Elite.  RCCL C&A members will receive Celebrity CC benefits at those levels.

When on RCCL, Celebrity Select is equivalent to RCCl Platinum, and Celebrity Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith are equivalent to RCCL Diamond.  Celebrity CC members will receive RCCL C&A benefits at those levels.

Points earned while sailing on either remain with the loyalty program with each cruise line sailed and are not combinable.  In other words sailing on RCCL gives you Crown & Anchor points, and visa versa.

Although the aforementioned levels benefits are shared, you will only advance to the next tier level by earning the full points required by each cruise line for that next tier level by sailing on each respective cruise line to earn them separately.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have received several surveys from X recently that intimated they are looking at whether more RCL loyalists would switch to X if they did a true status match.😇

Given the tier level benefits by comparison IMO it would be far more advantageous for Celebrity loyalists to switch to RCCL.  C&A benefits are measurably better than CC.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, doghog said:

Only 712 more CC points and you'll be Elite +. 🤣

You can earn CC cruise points without cruising. They are Power Up Points (PUPs). 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

That’s how I got the 38 points….we have 4 celebrity cruises booked, but haven’t been on it yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, orville99 said:

For sure we would.  We’re edging towards Celebrity anyway, have 4 booked.
We haven’t booked any Royal lately (although we have many booked from awhile ago). Their commercials are meant to attract families with kids with their amusement park ships. It’s not that I don’t like kids, just the unruly ones, and it seems too many parents are not keeping tabs on what their children are doing. At least that’s what we’ve noticed anyway.

so I would love if they did a true status match.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

For sure we would.  We’re edging towards Celebrity anyway, have 4 booked.
We haven’t booked any Royal lately (although we have many booked from awhile ago). Their commercials are meant to attract families with kids with their amusement park ships. It’s not that I don’t like kids, just the unruly ones, and it seems too many parents are not keeping tabs on what their children are doing. At least that’s what we’ve noticed anyway.

so I would love if they did a true status match.

We are partial to Celebrity as well.  Cruised RCCL extensively when our kids were young but those days are long past and Celebrity has, in the last 10 years or so, more often fit the bill with us than not.  But the RCCL C&A program is significantly stronger IMO and what I would like to see, along with your comment of a true status match, is the Celebrity program adopt more of those benefits by tier level.  We don't cruise for loyalty benefits, but after earning them over the years, they are a welcome perk and it would be nice, as example, if Celebrity would offer the balcony discount and beverage coupons. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We are partial to Celebrity as well.  Cruised RCCL extensively when our kids were young but those days are long past and Celebrity has, in the last 10 years or so, more often fit the bill with us than not.  But the RCCL C&A program is significantly stronger IMO and what I would like to see, along with your comment of a true status match, is the Celebrity program adopt more of those benefits by tier level.  We don't cruise for loyalty benefits, but after earning them over the years, they are a welcome perk and it would be nice, as example, if Celebrity would offer the balcony discount and beverage coupons. 

I 100% agree! Absolutely would like the beverage coupons that can be used at any bar. 
edit to add and the balcony discount!

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

it would be nice, as example, if Celebrity would offer the balcony discount and beverage coupons. 

That and also a dedicated lounge for Elite, Elite+ and Zenith. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, doghog said:

That and also a dedicated lounge for Elite, Elite+ and Zenith. 

Yes!!
Where do we get our morning cappuccino? I’m so used to going in the lounge on Royal, does celebrity have that?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Yes!!
Where do we get our morning cappuccino? I’m so used to going in the lounge on Royal, does celebrity have that?

Nope. But every morning there is an Elite, Elite + and Zenith breakfast (continental style) in one of the speciality restaurants from 8:AM to 10:AM. Deping on the ship, where. You can get speciality coffees, bloody marys, mimosa, and bellinis. No charge. All times and places for all Elite perks/benefits will be listed in your onboard CC Elite sheet. Just like with RC. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Given the tier level benefits by comparison IMO it would be far more advantageous for Celebrity loyalists to switch to RCCL.  C&A benefits are measurably better than CC.

I believe it comes down to a toss up between the quality of the cruise vs the incremental value of the perks. If you desire sailing on ships with a more upscale vibe, and have no desire to sail on an amusement park, the price differential may very well outweigh the perk differential.

We have a 7-night Retreat Suite booked for January 2025 (AI) for ~$7500, and a February 8-night booked on Adventure in a GS for~$6800. Even with all of our Pinnacle perks thrown in to the mix, there is only about a $700 differential between the two cruises.

19 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

This is how I have 3 points before my first cruise on Celebrity next month. 😉

Right on. Everyone should take advantage of the PUP offers while they still are offered

• Like 1