Refund of port taxes for missed port due to weather.

Recently we were on a cruise and missed visiting Cozumel due to bad weather.

Guest services said we would receive a refund via a check from Princess.  Well it has been

over two months and no refund.  Have no idea who to contact regarding this.  Anyone have any 

suggestions?

TIA  Henry McEwin

• Like 1

Just now, HleeCruiser said:

Recently we were on a cruise and missed visiting Cozumel due to bad weather.

Guest services said we would receive a refund via a check from Princess.  Well it has been

over two months and no refund.  Have no idea who to contact regarding this.  Anyone have any 

suggestions?

TIA  Henry McEwin

That’s different from what I’ve seen.  Whenever we’ve missed a port of call, it’s always been given as refundable OBC on our folio.  It won’t be much .. maybe $20 max.  If they truly are sending this out my check, it comes in a plain white envelope from Bottomline Technologies that looks like junk mail.  

You can always submit a comment/request via post cruise inquiries on the Princess website.  I’ve had great luck with that in the past when an invalid charge showed up on my folio after we left the ship.  

I also had a rather sizable refund coming to me through Bottomline Technologies and called them and they were quite responsive to my inquiry.  

• Like 2

We missed a port in January on the Regal.  We've had this happen before as well and have always received a credit to our onboard folio.  I would recommend double checking your final statement to verify you didn't get credit while onboard.  If at the end of your cruise you have a credit balance in your account, they will mail you a check.  If it's been 2 months you probably should have received a check by now for any credit balance you had on onboard.  

• Like 3

Recheck your on board accounts. I have always received this kind of port charge refund as OBC and it quickly disappears when netted against on board charges. These are always small amounts, a few $$. 

• Like 1

Depending on the port the amount could be a few dollars (especially a tender port) to a couple hundred $$ like the Panama Canal.

Many port charges are not refunded because either they are prepaid and not refundable to the cruiseline or port charges increased since you booked your cruise and the increases in other ports offset the missed port.

Have missed a dozen or so ports over the years.  Received a couple small OBCs.  Nothing from the rest.  Missed Manzanillo on our last Princess cruise with no refund or credit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We have always gotten it as obc created automatically on board. Usually it is just a few dollars $20 to 30 or  so.

The only time they usually send a check is for refundable obc left at the end of a cruise.

Edited by TRLD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

it comes in a plain white envelope from Bottomline Technologies that looks like junk mail.  

when was the last time you received a check?

and there was NO reference as to Princess Cruises in the return address?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Nope the ones we have received from bottomline technologies as recently as 8 months ago have not mentioned Princess in the return address or anywhere on the envelop only the name and addresses of the check processing contractor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TRLD said:

Nope the ones we have received from bottomline technologies as recently as 8 months ago have not mentioned Princess in the return address or anywhere on the envelop only the name and addresses of the check processing contractor.

We got one last week....Princess was mentioned in the return area on the envelope, and in the documentation inside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

We got one last week....Princess was mentioned in the return area on the envelope, and in the documentation inside.

Was it still from bottomline or has Princess changed check processing contractors?

Maybe after all of these years of using bottomline they final reacted to the complaints about their check.msilings looking like junk mail.

• Like 1

Just now, TRLD said:

Was it still from bottomline or has Princess changed check processing contractors?

Maybe after all of these years of using bottomline they final reacted to the complaints about their check.msilings looking like junk mail.

It was from Bottomline....

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, voljeep said:

The last time was in October 2023 .. so, about 6 months ago.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The last time was in October 2023 .. so, about 6 months ago.  

We received one from Bottomline Technologies a couple of months ago and you had to open the letter to see it clearly.  

Bottomline Technologies 

for Princess Cruises.  Couldn’t see all that through the windowed envelope.

Bottomline….we got our refund!

😆

It took 6-8 weeks.  Maybe they have different offices working refunds.  Could vary with the mailing envelopes. IDK.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

On our Enchanted B2B in February we missed Princess Cays both times. The port tax of $67 or so was applied as OBC to our folio by the next day each time. We also missed Dominica, that port refund was about $8, so it really varies depending on the port!

Edited by WisCruiser2
  • Like 2