Quotes for Fights by Celeberity

sail4ever

Just remember that pricing is not firm until you book.  With dynamic pricing that consolidators use they literally can change in a moment.

Also understand the complete terms of your ticket.  Seat selection, flight changes etc.

Last, remember you will need to 

go through FBC tochange flights or is the airline changes your flight time.  FBC uses a computer to rebook those changes so they can(and do) book "legal" connections.  For example 40 .minutes in DFW. You are not likely to make the connecting flight.  

In general FBC good for international.   Domestic flights safer booked direct

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Just remember that pricing is not firm until you book.  With dynamic pricing that consolidators use they literally can change in a moment.

Also understand the complete terms of your ticket.  Seat selection, flight changes etc.

Last, remember you will need to 

go through FBC tochange flights or is the airline changes your flight time.  FBC uses a computer to rebook those changes so they can(and do) book "legal" connections.  For example 40 .minutes in DFW. You are not likely to make the connecting flight.  

In general FBC good for international.   Domestic flights safer booked direct

However, the benefits of booking through them are:

• No money is conveyed with the booking until cruise final payment date as the airfare becomes part of your cruise booking.
  • You are provided an airline booking confirmation with your booking.
  • Domestic prices are typically equal to, but not higher than, booking direct.  International flights are often lower, but not higher than booking direct.
  • Once booked, the price is locked against increase.  However if the price decreased prior to final payment the booking can be reissued to reflect the lower price without charge or penalty.
  • You can change or cancel the booking prior to final payment without penalty.
  • It is airline dependent, but with some you can make seat selection with the booking.
  • Should your flights result in an interruption or delay to your departure port, they will work on providing alternative flights to the ship.

For these reasons we typically book through Celebrity (and RCCL - same service) and have have good success and satisfaction.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

I noticed today on the website for two cruise I was checking there is no flights being offered? which is strange... I have one cruise in September with Refundable flights already book so I check daily to see if prices have gone down... also one booked for March and Can not even  have options to check for flights... anyone else having this problem?

13 minutes ago, loving goldens said:

I noticed today on the website for two cruise I was checking there is no flights being offered? which is strange... I have one cruise in September with Refundable flights already book so I check daily to see if prices have gone down... also one booked for March and Can not even  have options to check for flights... anyone else having this problem?

You are too far out for a March flight. Usually 300 to 330 days out the flights become available. Flights up to February are available now

50 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

You are too far out for a March flight. Usually 300 to 330 days out the flights become available. Flights up to February are available now

But my September 2024 is showing no flights.  And March was on site last two weeks 

I have no problem questioning FBC reps on the phone. Much quicker and sometimes price better by calling. You really should shop your flights prior to calling to purchase. That way you  have several options. Some may not be aware that you can book different airlines for arrival and departure..Doesn't have to be round trip. I like the delayed payment giving me time to research other options, check prices, etc. and able to make changes before final payment with no penalty. 

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

However, the benefits of booking through them are:

• No money is conveyed with the booking until cruise final payment date as the airfare becomes part of your cruise booking.
  • You are provided an airline booking confirmation with your booking.
  • Domestic prices are typically equal to, but not higher than, booking direct.  International flights are often lower, but not higher than booking direct.
  • Once booked, the price is locked against increase.  However if the price decreased prior to final payment the booking can be reissued to reflect the lower price without charge or penalty.
  • You can change or cancel the booking prior to final payment without penalty.
  • It is airline dependent, but with some you can make seat selection with the booking.
  • Should your flights result in an interruption or delay to your departure port, they will work on providing alternative flights to the ship.

For these reasons we typically book through Celebrity (and RCCL - same service) and have have good success and satisfaction.

Agree with most, but with some fares you cannot change your flights.  You must go thru FBC.

As for alternate flights - absolutely yes.  But we have been provided impossible connections and friends were sent on a 5 say journey about Mexico when a 90 minute flight to Los Cabos would gave done the trick.  Easier in a weather situation to deal with the airline directly instead of having to try to speak with FBC. 

On another cruise, DW and I were told we had to wait for FBC to call us back when our flight was canceled.   Meanwhile the only other flight that could arrive in San Juan in time to meet our ship took off.  We got to the ship 3 says later via Denver, Chicago, Newark, San Juan, a hotel, flight to Barbados, and another hotel.  Yes they covered the flights, hotels and some meals; but just understand in those few situations when things go sideways that FBC, EZAir or any consolidator may complicate things.  If we had booked direct we could have simply transferred to the other airline.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Agree with most, but with some fares you cannot change your flights.  You must go thru FBC.

I believe the only time you cannot change flights based on fare type is if you prepay the airfare, which is an option.  In that case I believe the airline change rules apply.  If there are other such restricted fares I am not aware of them.

And it is correct that you would go through FBC for all fare and flight changes as they booked them.

The rest of the information is accurate as to their booking policies.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• “No money is conveyed with the booking until cruise final payment date as the airfare becomes part of your cruise booking”
  •  
  •  
  • it depends on the airline and kind of ticket you buy 
  • I have bought tickets from FBC and I had pay for the ticket rightway , 
  • the saving was to great to pass up 

11 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

• “No money is conveyed with the booking until cruise final payment date as the airfare becomes part of your cruise booking”
  •  
  •  
  • it depends on the airline and kind of ticket you buy 
  • I have bought tickets from FBC and I had pay for the ticket rightway , 
  • the saving was to great to pass up 

That is correct as just referenced in my last post - you do have the option to prepay the airfare but it is not required.

I will say to look and plan.  We used them LAX-SEA in 2022 and when we booked they only showed Delta and the flight the day before was painfully early for us and painfully late coming home even though there were several carriers.

This time we booked on our own on an airline (nameless) we love as DH works for them.  While the return flight is painfully late, at least we have club/lounge access where Delta doesn't even sell day passes anymore.