Live from Celebrity Silhouette, April 22nd-May 5th Transatlantic from FLL to Amsterdam

3 hours ago, Weboos2 said:

Looking forward to hearing about your experince. We board Silhouette in Amsterdam on the 5th May

We try to get her over the big pond safely 😉

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gold1953 said:

fellow traveler here flying carry on only. We tried for the fall TA and were quite happy so doing it again this trip

Hi fellow travellers, I really wonder how you manage that. I could not travel so light, I need quite a few clothes for the day and to change for dinner at night. 😉 We have a little carry on, too, but for safety reasons if one of the checked suitcases should not arrive at once.

12 hours ago, hcat said:

Have a great cruise..enjoy all those sea days..hope for calm waters.

We are booked on Silhouette for Dec..short Carib cruise 

Thanks...yes, calm waters would be great; a little movement is ok for me, but 10 meter waves.... 

11 hours ago, lola2013 said:

We left (sadly) Silhouette this morning after a B2B.  Another great Celebrity experience.  Be sure to catch Captain Kirk’s rock concert.  He is an amazing musician 🎸🥁

Bon Voyage 

Susan

Thanks...and I saw that event in the cruise planner, will definitely try it out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Looking forward to this cruise also,  First TA and just plan on relaxing and enjoying the ship.   Have 10 days in Italy planned afterward disembarking.  

Same for us regarding first TA and enjoying 😉. Unfortunately we have to go back to work after disembarking. But let's not think about that...

We already checked in for tomorrow's flight at 10:40 am. We live only a 30 min drive away from Frankfurt airport so a friend who lives in our neighbourhood gives us a lift to the airport.

39 minutes ago, Chrissi3010 said:

Hi fellow travellers, I really wonder how you manage that. I could not travel so light, I need quite a few clothes for the day and to change for dinner at night. 😉 We have a little carry on, too, but for safety reasons if one of the checked suitcases should not arrive at once.

We change for dinner of course  and being elite plus we get 4 bags of laundry between us. If we weren't travelling for 9 days after we would consider other luggage but I can't drag a big bag down streets and on and off trains and busses

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrissi3010 said:

That is our itin April 22nd 😉. I meant May 24th.

It’s 13 nights

Amsterdam, Stavanger Norway,Skagen Denmark,Warnemunde,Germany,Visby Sweden,Tallin Estonia,Stockholm, Sweden,Copenhagen ( overnight)

Rotterdam

• Like 3

So happy to see that you will be doing a live report while on your TA.  Take good care of the Silhouette for us.

We will board her on June 24 in Rotterdam for an 11-night British Isles cruise returning to Amsterdam on July 5.

We saw Captain Kirk's Rock Concert on the Reflection last October.  It was great!  You will definitely enjoy it.

Have a wonderful cruise.  Gute Reise!  (Bon Voyage!)  Mike and Mary

5 hours ago, MikeMary4449 said:

So happy to see that you will be doing a live report while on your TA.  Take good care of the Silhouette for us.

We will board her on June 24 in Rotterdam for an 11-night British Isles cruise returning to Amsterdam on July 5.

We saw Captain Kirk's Rock Concert on the Reflection last October.  It was great!  You will definitely enjoy it.

Dankeschön 😉

• Like 1

Enjoy your TA, we took the same cruise on the Edge in 2019 except for the destinations after the Azores.  We had wonderful time. You will gain one hour on most of the nights an easy way to not get jet lag

We are on the Silhouette May 24 from Amsterdam and are looking forward to your posts. 

9 hours ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Just now, Frenchkona said:

My wife and I along with our 2 teenage grandchildren are traveling the same cruise.  We are so excited to be visiting Great Britain.  Hope you have a safe and fabulous cruise  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lola2013 said:

The entire trip was great.  It was our first cruise on Silhouette (having sailed on other S class in addition to E class)…the first four nights with friends we met on our very first cruise on the Cunard Countess.  A few in the group hadn’t sailed since then and were thrilled with the Celebrity experience.  The second ten nights was family and friends…a girls cruise that didn’t disappoint.  Food was great; everyone in both groups raved about the food.  We did both main dining room and ocean view for dinner, OVC for breakfast…only specialty was Lawn Club Grill which was delicious.  Service throughout the ship was exceptional…smiling, happy faces throughout.  The ship was spotless; I switched cabins after the four night.  Same deck 8, but first a balcony cabin mid ship and then a SV.  Both cabin attendants did a great job.  Entertainment was great… especially Charity Lockhart, a great singer, and Ralph Harris, a comedian.  Only disappointment was there was no Liars Club.  I’m not a drinker so can’t comment on beverages.  Check in was a breeze as was the turnaround day.

Can’t wait to return!

Susan 

@lola2013  thank you!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Frenchkona said:

My wife and I along with our 2 teenage grandchildren are traveling the same cruise.  We are so excited to be visiting Great Britain.  Hope you have a safe and fabulous cruise 

Our British Isles cruise is only 2 months away!  Please join us by clicking on the link below to sign up for our Roll Call.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.  Mike and Mary