Live from Celebrity Silhouette, April 22nd-May 5th Transatlantic from FLL to Amsterdam

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Chrissi3010 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hi everyone, inspired from so many great live reports here on CC I would like to try one, too, but without claiming perfection 😉.

This will be our first transatlantic cruise and our 8th cruise with Celebrity. We started cruising in 2016 on the Infinity to Alaska.

We are Goetz and Chrissi from a little village near Wiesbaden (Germany) which many of you might know because the American Forces have their headquarters there. We are 59 and 56 years old and both still working. This cruise will be kind of Goetz' birthday cruise as he turns 60 on May 15th. Unfortunately we couldn't persuade Celebrity to shift this cruise by 2 weeks :classic_laugh::classic_wink:.

• Like 18

Our travel plan will be as follows:

Flight to from Frankfurt to Miami on Saturday April 20th, transfer from the airport to our hotel Lago Mar beach Resort in FLL, embarkation on Monday, April 22nd at around 11 am.

We were able to book a Sunset Sky Suite about 18 months ago. We already had one on the Equinox a few years ago and loved it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Such a shame that Silhouette won’t be based in Southampton.

Do you finish in Amsterdam or Rotterdam?

In Amsterdam which is perfect for us. We will go home by train (the central train station is only 2 km away from the cruise port); the ride is only 3.5 h to Frankfurt. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This is the cruise plan:

Screenshot_20240418_175002_Drive.jpg

All new places for us and as we had a stressful time in the last few months we will surely enjoy all the sea days.

I just turned down my office laptop leaving an absence note until May 7th 😉.    

Packing already started yesterday and to be finished tomorrow. Also planned for tomorrow are hairdresser and cosmetics.

Winter came back here, so it's really cold here with only 0-4°C (32-40°F). Temperatures in Florida will be a little shock for us.:classic_tongue:

Edited by Chrissi3010
  • Like 12

Following along and wishing you both safe travels on Saturday 😊.  I'm not sure I could do that many sea days without going squirrelly but your ports do look really nice - especially Ponta Delgada.

~Bernadette

• Thanks 1

So excited to follow along! Silhouette is our favorite ship and I would love to do a transatlantic one day! Although I think I would prefer to sail West and gain hours as the cruise progresses. Sea days are heavenly and it's great that the ports are spread out! 🚢🍾

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Looking forward to following along. We visited Ponta Delgada a few years ago and still talk about it. Beautiful place. 

I am also very excited to visit the Azores (where our weather in Europe comes from).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

So excited to follow along! Silhouette is our favorite ship and I would love to do a transatlantic one day! Although I think I would prefer to sail West and gain hours as the cruise progresses. Sea days are heavenly and it's great that the ports are spread out! 🚢🍾

For us it is probably more convenient to sail east, so no jet lag at the end of our vacation and only a quick train ride home ;-).

What to pack when you travel from winter into the tropics and then step by step back to the cold? Probably everything. In any case I will never understand how anybody could just travel with a carry-on for two weeks. I am more relaxed with a big suitcase... :classic_wink:

By the way, we originally booked premium economy with Lufthansa, but then got a great offer to upgrade to Business. Not too bad for a 10 hour flight...

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Chrissi3010 said:

What to pack when you travel from winter into the tropics and then step by step back to the cold? Probably everything. In any case I will never understand how anybody could just travel with a carry-on for two weeks. I am more relaxed with a big suitcase... :classic_wink:

By the way, we originally booked premium economy with Lufthansa, but then got a great offer to upgrade to Business. Not too bad for a 10 hour flight...

fellow traveler here flying carry on only. We tried for the fall TA and were quite happy so doing it again this trip

• Like 1

Thank you for bringing the ship to the Netherlands where we will board for our Baltics cruise next month! I love the Silhouette and I hope you have calm seas and wonderful weather for your holiday. Thanks so much for doing this report, I’ll be happily following along! 
Cathy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have a great cruise..enjoy all those sea days..hope for calm waters.

We are booked on Silhouette for Dec..short Carib cruise 

• Like 1

We left (sadly) Silhouette this morning after a B2B.  Another great Celebrity experience.  Be sure to catch Captain Kirk’s rock concert.  He is an amazing musician 🎸🥁

Bon Voyage 

Susan

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

We left (sadly) Silhouette this morning after a B2B.  Another great Celebrity experience.  Be sure to catch Captain Kirk’s rock concert.  He is an amazing musician 🎸🥁

Bon Voyage 

Susan

@lola2013 would you care to share any feedback on the ship?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, maggieq said:

@lola2013 would you care to share any feedback on the ship?  Thanks!

The entire trip was great.  It was our first cruise on Silhouette (having sailed on other S class in addition to E class)…the first four nights with friends we met on our very first cruise on the Cunard Countess.  A few in the group hadn’t sailed since then and were thrilled with the Celebrity experience.  The second ten nights was family and friends…a girls cruise that didn’t disappoint.  Food was great; everyone in both groups raved about the food.  We did both main dining room and ocean view for dinner, OVC for breakfast…only specialty was Lawn Club Grill which was delicious.  Service throughout the ship was exceptional…smiling, happy faces throughout.  The ship was spotless; I switched cabins after the four night.  Same deck 8, but first a balcony cabin mid ship and then a SV.  Both cabin attendants did a great job.  Entertainment was great… especially Charity Lockhart, a great singer, and Ralph Harris, a comedian.  Only disappointment was there was no Liars Club.  I’m not a drinker so can’t comment on beverages.  Check in was a breeze as was the turnaround day.

Can’t wait to return!

Susan 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2