Live from the 4/20/24 Enchanted Princess sailing

28 minutes ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

Enjoying your story. We'll be on the ship this Saturday.

What's the deal with the bathroom lights that you need painters tape?

How early did you arrive to be one of the first onboard?

Thanks in advance.

a light by the closet and bathroom has a sensor that will turn on in the middle of the night if it detects movement. Covering the sensor will disable that. 

We were at the port by 9:40 and on line. Once they opened the doors to the terminal, they sent us up to the elite lounge. We didn't even get to sit down as the moment we walked in, they said it's time to board. 

IMG_3200.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Dinner at Catch tonight. We both had the lobster Appy which was amazing. The steak frites, I have had better cuts of beef and it was much better on The Sky. The Dover Sole once again stole the show. I don't eat fish but will be ordering that in the next few days. Dessert was great. 

IMG_3187.jpeg

IMG_3188.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

IMG_3196.jpeg

Here are a few photos of our Catch dinner on Discovery…yum!!! 😋

We were surprised to get a glass of bubbly with a slice of strawberry when seated. 🥂

image.thumb.jpeg.b1035308a7aa15f81df039369dc72d48.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8c1e9437045f9fee00df850e3a76da3c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.01a515fff664cec7b5718127d93a2e46.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.df7879154928d12cfbb7e2003ca2cd7b.jpeg

IMG_9444.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

a light by the closet and bathroom has a sensor that will turn on in the middle of the night if it detects movement. Covering the sensor will disable that. 

Good idea…thankfully we didn’t have that light to deal with on Discovery. 

Just now, Host CJSKIDS said:

So there have been discussions over ordering drinks not in the menu that have more than one liquor. 
tonight I asked at the Irish pub about an Irish car bomb. 1/2 oz one liquor and 1/2 oz other in a shot class and the the Guinness. The answer was no, that was considered 3 cocktails. 
So a Chairman of the board is only considered me drunk even though there is various liquors. This was going to be considered 3 drinks. 

go figure!

That should actually be considered 2 a beer and a shot. Speak to the bar manager. We had an issue with substituting rye for gin and tried to charge for 2

• Thanks 2

@Astro Flyer your dinner from the Catch looks delicious.  I think I'll try that garlic shrimp next. 

@memoak I totally agree. I don't even need one, but wanted to see the answer. I was surprised and said it should be like you just said. 

Well ordering from the app didn't work well today. Ordered, who then preparing and then delivered. I don't see an egg sandwich and cappuccino in front of me! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Well ordering from the app didn't work well today. Ordered, who then preparing and then delivered. I don't see an egg sandwich and cappuccino in front of me! 

agreed.  Ordered a irish coffee over an hour ago and no show.  I would like my drink credit back though so we are using that chat feature in the app.  That is pretty cool, been using that a lot and they are pretty responsive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Yeah that happened pretty regularly on my sailing.  Having said that it usually eventually did arrive.  The "status" feature isn't very good.  Sometimes it would arrive while it still said preparing, other times it would arrive 10 mins after "delivered".  There are also definitely "dead spots" around the ship where the location tracking doesn't work very well....one of these, of course, where DW and I spent most of our time on board.  We learned quickly where the system thought we were (same spot but on the starboard side rather than port) and we'd keep an eye out for a confused crew member with a tray of what we ordered looking for us over there so we could flag them down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Is it still self service at the buffet?

I haven't been on there but will take a walk through to let you know. 

• Like 1

Thank you for this great review.  Enjoying it so much as we'll be on the Enchanted for the first time next week.

We were on the Sky at the same time as you were back in December (the Porsche cruise, as we've taken to calling it in this household! 😅) and we thought it was funny that we missed being on the Enchanted at the same time by just a week.  Sounds like we're on a similar cruise schedule!

Hope you continue to have a fabulous time this week, and we'll be looking forward to hearing more of your impressions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robkat said:

Thank you for this great review.  Enjoying it so much as we'll be on the Enchanted for the first time next week.

We were on the Sky at the same time as you were back in December (the Porsche cruise, as we've taken to calling it in this household! 😅) and we thought it was funny that we missed being on the Enchanted at the same time by just a week.  Sounds like we're on a similar cruise schedule!

Hope you continue to have a fabulous time this week, and we'll be looking forward to hearing more of your impressions.

Thank you. It is funny we missed it by one week. 

You will recognize one of the entertainment crew members from our sky sailing. He said the 12/9 sky sailing was his first there and then they moved him here. He is very funny. 

I miss vines but the duo playing in O'Malleys are fantastic. Make sure you see them. 

• Like 2

Enjoying your posts. We are on the Enchanted in July . First time on this ship (  20 total with Princess). Thank you all for taking the time giving us insights and hints.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Thank you. It is funny we missed it by one week. 

You will recognize one of the entertainment crew members from our sky sailing. He said the 12/9 sky sailing was his first there and then they moved him here. He is very funny. 

I miss vines but the duo playing in O'Malleys are fantastic. Make sure you see them. 

We'll be sure to spend our fair share of time in O'Malley's as we've got Premier and will definitely take advantage.  

Is O'Malley's open for lunch and dinner most days, but especially on sea days?  Even if you're not having a meal, are people in there just to have a drink and listen to the band?

Congrats on scoring seats in the Sanctuary ... happy places within happy places!  

3 minutes ago, Robkat said:

We'll be sure to spend our fair share of time in O'Malley's as we've got Premier and will definitely take advantage.  

Is O'Malley's open for lunch and dinner most days, but especially on sea days?  Even if you're not having a meal, are people in there just to have a drink and listen to the band?

Congrats on scoring seats in the Sanctuary ... happy places within happy places!  

Many people are there just to drink and listen to music.  We ate there and the food was great.  O'Malley's was open for lunch today and then dinner.  I think it's only open for lunch on sea days. People were singing along last night, it really was a fun spot to be. 

• Like 6

Today was another amazing day so far.  The crew in the Sanctuary are top notch.  It seems the best of the best are up there and  Gritsana, Dewi and Joaquin as well as the others really are making it the perfect place to be. 

Played TV theme song trivia with Kerrie and Erin while hubby was in the gym and we did well, but 17 right out of 20 didn't win.   4 teams had 20 out of 20.

• Like 1

Many people are there just to drink and listen to music.  We ate there and the food was great.  O'Malley's was open for lunch today and then dinner.  I think it's only open for lunch on sea days. People were singing along last night, it really was a fun spot to be. 

My issue with the venues on this class ship is that they are wide open to the piazza which I find way to loud when there is activity down there and being wide open doesn’t really feel intimate 

53 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Totally agree....as the week goes on though I recommend showing up earlier and earlier....people figure out how great the Duo is as the week goes on and it gets more and more difficult to get a spot.  When we showed up top try to do Lunch on both of the final 2 sea days right at 11:30 when they opened the line to get in had more people in it than were seated in the restaurant. Someone described this in a Sun Princess video review as "too popular for its own good".  Definitely found this to be true...still love it though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Or room is flooding. Not a good thing to come back to from the sanctuary. 

IMG_3206.mov

YIIIIIIKES! Curious how the story of this one plays out.....what caused it, how quickly was it resolved, etc.  Good luck.  Sorry to see this happen to you! 

On 4/22/2024 at 4:43 PM, PMGS247 said:

YIIIIIIKES! Curious how the story of this one plays out.....what caused it, how quickly was it resolved, etc.  Good luck.  Sorry to see this happen to you! 

No idea what caused it. We came back to hearing water running and it was pouring out of the toilet. Shoes and stuff on the floor was wet 

No idea what caused it. We came back to hearing water running and it was pouring out of the toilet. Shows and stuff on the floor was wet 

Oh noooooo!  🥺