Live from the 4/20/24 Enchanted Princess sailing

11 hours ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

Well, that doesn't look like a smart idea.

If you cover it up, is there any sort of night light inside the bathroom?

No night light in the bathroom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Today is a new day and I'm ready to get back to enjoying my cruise!!

That's the right attitude!  Wishing you a wonderful day today and several more to follow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eclue said:

I always bring my own night lite and cover the hall sensor.

No need for nightlights for us. My wife uses a flashlight when getting up in the night. She claims I'm nocturnal. We didn't find the light with a sensor to be that big of a pain to cover the sensor. It didn't stay on that long and we liked it added extra light when getting to the shelves and safe by the bathroom and closet.  

2 minutes ago, doghog said:

No need for nightlights for us. My wife uses a flashlight when getting up in the night. She claims I'm nocturnal. We didn't find the light with a sensor to be that big of a pain to cover the sensor. It didn't stay on that long and we liked it added extra light when getting to the shelves and safe by the bathroom and closet.  

I am such a light sleeper - that sensor light would wake me up. If I need it during the day for the closet, I just turn it on at the wall switch....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, eclue said:

I am such a light sleeper - that sensor light would wake me up. If I need it during the day for the closet, I just turn it on at the wall switch....

My wife is also and we were both surprised it never woke her. But we both sleep really sound on the cruises. Especially if there is some motion to the ocean. That's why I said extra light. Especially for us when getting into the safe. 

Edited by doghog

2 hours ago, tourismtessy said:

Can you tell me how much it is for half day in the sanctuary? Also, do you go there right away on embarkation day to reserve?

Half day, which is four hours, is $20.00.  You must get to the Sanctuary as soon as you board,  it fills up very quickly!

10 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

All settled in and had a wonderful breakfast this morning with perfectly cooked eggs Benedict. Got to napped a few minutes chatting with Nicola Furlon, the  DRO. What an incredibly nice man. 

Today is a new day and I'm ready to get back to enjoying my cruise!!  

I agree.  Nicola is wonderful. ❤️ We are back on the Enchanted again at the beginning of November. He told us he wasn’t going to be there then. If you get a chance to talk to him again, please ask him if anything has changed he would love to see him again.  

Thanks for the live review and information. 
You’re a sport about the room mishap. 

For those of us sailing Enchanted in the near future, mind telling us what room you had? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Wish there were more choices of reactions than just like, laugh, and thank you.  I'd click the hug choice.  You really do need to catch a break!

So sorry!

35 minutes ago, lgonquin said:

Thanks for the live review and information. 
You’re a sport about the room mishap. 

For those of us sailing Enchanted in the near future, mind telling us what room you had? 

I was on the verge of tears yesterday out of frustration and having to pack the room up last night but today is another day. 

The room is being worked on and will have brand new carpeting and they have time to get it up and running before the next cruise. I don't want to say the number in case someone has it and it just leads to stress for them pre cruise. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

That's the right attitude!  Wishing you a wonderful day today and several more to follow.

Thank you!!! ❤️

• Like 1

It was a beautiful day weather wise in St. Thomas.  Stopped in at Glady's cafe which is our custom to have lunch and buy her hot sauces.  Didn't know they have moved a bit due to a fire so they now have a larger space. Lunch was delicious.  

Enjoyed a Bushwacker before lunch which I can't believe I had never had one before.  Very enjoyable as well as very rich.  

Dinner tonight it in Sabitinis which I am looking forward to. 

• Like 4

I finally found my Caymus by the glass! You can order it from the sommelier at Crown Grill. 
just signed up for the Italian wine tasting tomorrow. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

We would be heading to a beach, and not hanging out around Charlotte Amalie...Does anyone think they could make a bushwhacker on the ship????  Wishful thinking!

Ohhh,  also just curious...  Did the ship pull in or back in???  Which side is overlooking the harbor.   Hoping that she pulls in and PORT is overlooking the harbor...  But, I am quite sure the Captain would be oblivious to my request!!!  Hahaha!

Edited by Wishing on a star

24 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

We would be heading to a beach, and not hanging out around Charlotte Amalie...Does anyone think they could make a bushwhacker on the ship????  Wishful thinking!

Ohhh,  also just curious...  Did the ship pull in or back in???  Which side is overlooking the harbor.   Hoping that she pulls in and PORT is overlooking the harbor...  But, I am quite sure the Captain would be oblivious to my request!!!  Hahaha!

I am in an even numbered cabin and had a beautiful view of boats. I didn't watch them pull in. 

i will ask and see if anyone can make that 

15 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I am in an even numbered cabin and had a beautiful view of boats. I didn't watch them pull in. 

i will ask and see if anyone can make that 

Naples Florida  2 couples will join you on May4th voyage.

20 minutes ago, F355c5 said:

Naples Florida  2 couples will join you on May4th voyage.

I'm sure you will enjoy your sailing. This Naples couple will be disembarking on the 27th 

18 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Someone posted the webcam image confirming port side was indeed facing the harbor.  The same was true when I was on this same itinerary 2 weeks ago, but I've been stalking it for a while and I can say that when they visited ~3.5 weeks ago based on the same webcam they backed in and starboard was facing the harbor.  No idea what drives that decision. 

Seems like 90% of the time it's done like this with port side facing harbor.  St. Thomas and Port Everglades are similar in this way.  I think it's how I got in the habit of snagging port side rooms. On two occasions on debarkation day the captain has decided to pull in the other way in port everglades and I've woken up to the terminal outside my balcony, but seems like 9 times out of 10 they back in and you're facing the water.