Live from the 4/20/24 Enchanted Princess sailing

1 hour ago, martinitime1 said:

Curious how the temp on the ship has been? Cold, Warm, just right? We like warm to just right, hate over conditioned air.

Not overaircontioner at all. 

Glad that you are back to having a great cruise!!!  (or it seems so)

We all hope that you are having a great time!

I am glad to hear that the odds are in our favor when docking STT...  We have a port side room booked, with a larger balcony for dining!

2 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

Someone posted the webcam image confirming port side was indeed facing the harbor.  The same was true when I was on this same itinerary 2 weeks ago, but I've been stalking it for a while and I can say that when they visited ~3.5 weeks ago based on the same webcam they backed in and starboard was facing the harbor.  No idea what drives that decision. 

Seems like 90% of the time it's done like this with port side facing harbor.  St. Thomas and Port Everglades are similar in this way.  I think it's how I got in the habit of snagging port side rooms. On two occasions on debarkation day the captain has decided to pull in the other way in port everglades and I've woken up to the terminal outside my balcony, but seems like 9 times out of 10 they back in and you're facing the water.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5HqVZWO28K/?hl=en   I don't know if you can see this on Instagram but Captain Kate explains why they dock the ship in different ways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Glad that you are back to having a great cruise!!!  (or it seems so)

We all hope that you are having a great time!

I am glad to hear that the odds are in our favor when docking STT...  We have a port side room booked, with a larger balcony for dining!

Thank you, I am back to having a great time. 

Hope you get the view you are hoping for. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, martinitime1 said:

Curious how the temp on the ship has been? Cold, Warm, just right? We like warm to just right, hate over conditioned air.

we have found it to be too warm in  lot of areas. Elevators and the waiting areas around the elevators in particular.  Once you get to the lower decks around the main lobby area it seems to be cooler and a more consistent temp. 

1 minute ago, 20165 said:

we have found it to be too warm in  lot of areas. Elevators and the waiting areas around the elevators in particular.  Once you get to the lower decks around the main lobby area it seems to be cooler and a more consistent temp. 

Heat rises

2 minutes ago, F355c5 said:

Heat rises

Yea, i get that, but even on the lower decks in around the elevators its hot.  Ive heard several comments about the elevators not being air conditioned but i dont know if thats true.

Been a wonderful trip for us, but that would be one ding i give them on my review when i get back.  Elevators are hot and crowded.  They also seem smaller than other ships we have been on.  

39 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Yea, i get that, but even on the lower decks in around the elevators its hot.  Ive heard several comments about the elevators not being air conditioned but i dont know if thats true.

Been a wonderful trip for us, but that would be one ding i give them on my review when i get back.  Elevators are hot and crowded.  They also seem smaller than other ships we have been on.  

they are the same size as the sky, people are just crowding on them and not showing elevator etiquette at all. 

there are some warmer areas but I have found that on every ship on the higher floors. I just try and get through those areas quickly. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

they are the same size as the sky, people are just crowding on them and not showing elevator etiquette at all. 

there are some warmer areas but I have found that on every ship on the higher floors. I just try and get through those areas quickly. 

In regards to etiquette I agree that there has been some rudeness around the elevators but given we just came of a MSC cruise, people on this cruise have been wonderful.  So refreshing. 

• Haha 1

I agree it has been so hot on this ship. The dining rooms have noticeable hot spots, as do bars, lounges. No air con in the lifts - not just bad etiquette (which exits for certain) - this is a hot ship. Surprised as usually take a cardigan around but have found ourselves heading back to get changed after dinner to cooler clothes, as have many others. Hottest ship I’ve ever been on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruiseyorkshire said:

I agree it has been so hot on this ship. The dining rooms have noticeable hot spots, as do bars, lounges. No air con in the lifts - not just bad etiquette (which exits for certain) - this is a hot ship. Surprised as usually take a cardigan around but have found ourselves heading back to get changed after dinner to cooler clothes, as have many others. Hottest ship I’ve ever been on. 

It's surprising to read those comments about the Enchanted. When we last sailed in March the DR was so cool my wife needed her jacket every night. 

They must have over compensated with the temp settings. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Yeah, we were in 4 weeks ago and the inside public spaces felt good and our room was cool as we like it.

If my room wasn't cool, I'd be all over them to fix it.  

Our cabin in nice and cool.  Just seems to be the public areas / Elevators.  We ate at the MDR last night and it was warm.  Not terrible, but was warm and with the movement of the ship, my wife was getting a bit seasick. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Our cabin in nice and cool.  Just seems to be the public areas / Elevators.  We ate at the MDR last night and it was warm.  Not terrible, but was warm and with the movement of the ship, my wife was getting a bit seasick. 

Good to hear.  We are on again in 2 weeks and hope it's the same.

15 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Good to hear.  We are on again in 2 weeks and hope it's the same.

Our 'theory' is that the weather isnt terribly hot yet, maybe mid 70s when we left Ft laudale so maybe they run the heat in some areas or dont have the air cranked up yet.  Maybe in the summer months when its constantly hot, the temp is more consistent??  Anyway, not the end of the world, you have a great cruise.  This has been one of the best for us and we have a lot under our belt.  Im going to write a review when we get back tomorrow.

3 hours ago, 555 said:

It's surprising to read those comments about the Enchanted. When we last sailed in March the DR was so cool my wife needed her jacket every night. 

They must have over compensated with the temp settings. 

We were on the Enchanted in March. We ate in the Amalfi MDR every evening (and breakfast) and in our opinion the dining room temp was perfect. I always wear golf style shirts (short sleeved) and my wife always wears 3/4 to long sleeved women tops. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 7:42 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

So there have been discussions over ordering drinks not in the menu that have more than one liquor. 
tonight I asked at the Irish pub about an Irish car bomb. 1/2 oz one liquor and 1/2 oz other in a shot class and the the Guinness. The answer was no, that was considered 3 cocktails. 
So a Chairman of the board is only considered me drunk even though there is various liquors. This was going to be considered 3 drinks. 

go figure!

Thanks so much for this live report!  Sailing 14 days on Enchanted in July with my best friend.  Curious if you have ordered or seen others order a double of anything & how they counted that.  For example, I've never been satisfied with only one measly measure of Bailey's on the rocks and am fully planning to order doubles every time.  😁  But I could see them not wanting to count a double as only one drink because of the pricier whiskeys and wines they offer.  And while I don't imagine I could ever actually consume 15 drinks in a 24-hour period without becoming really ill (especially the set cocktail list I'm planning to enjoy, many of which do contain more than a 1-1.5 ounce shot in them), if they are counting what you're describing as 3, or even a substitution of a different type of liquor like one person mentioned later (which I would definitely ask to speak to the bar manager about, because that's extra-illogical), then I might have to start counting drinks on sea days, which is kind of annoying... though not anything to get overly worried about.  I'm just curious, and grateful to know that I should ask the bartender first (and maybe check my drink count) whenever I might want to do anything "unusual" like this (if one can call an Irish Car Bomb unusual 🙄).

Anyway, many thanks again!! 

On 4/22/2024 at 12:32 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

I miss vines but the duo playing in O'Malleys are fantastic. Make sure you see them. 

Curious how early you've had to go to get a table in O'Malley's for the music.  You didn't mention it so maybe it hasn't been that bad on your sailing.  I've heard some reports of needing to get there even earlier than the Princess Live shows if you want to sit down, like 30-45 minutes early... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, janiebee said:

Curious how early you've had to go to get a table in O'Malley's for the music.  You didn't mention it so maybe it hasn't been that bad on your sailing.  I've heard some reports of needing to get there even earlier than the Princess Live shows if you want to sit down, like 30-45 minutes early... 

We had to go 30-40 minutes prior to get a table as there isn't that many of them. They got so popular that later in the sailing they were placing a sign that said wait to be seated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, janiebee said:

Thanks so much for this live report!  Sailing 14 days on Enchanted in July with my best friend.  Curious if you have ordered or seen others order a double of anything & how they counted that.  For example, I've never been satisfied with only one measly measure of Bailey's on the rocks and am fully planning to order doubles every time.  😁  But I could see them not wanting to count a double as only one drink because of the pricier whiskeys and wines they offer.  And while I don't imagine I could ever actually consume 15 drinks in a 24-hour period without becoming really ill (especially the set cocktail list I'm planning to enjoy, many of which do contain more than a 1-1.5 ounce shot in them), if they are counting what you're describing as 3, or even a substitution of a different type of liquor like one person mentioned later (which I would definitely ask to speak to the bar manager about, because that's extra-illogical), then I might have to start counting drinks on sea days, which is kind of annoying... though not anything to get overly worried about.  I'm just curious, and grateful to know that I should ask the bartender first (and maybe check my drink count) whenever I might want to do anything "unusual" like this (if one can call an Irish Car Bomb unusual 🙄).

Anyway, many thanks again!! 

I have been ordering a double crown royal on the rocks which a can of ginger ale.  The double has been two drinks. 

• Thanks 1

Very hard to believe this is our last day. But ok spending it in my little slide of Heaven so life is very good today. 

Today's cooking demonstration between Nicola Furlan and the head chef was very funny. They play off each other so well. Nicola is a funny guy!  The kitchen tour followed and that was enjoyable. We had some crew members singing and playing a guitar. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, doghog said:

WOW! That is a lot of B2Bers. 

It was the same last week they said. I do know this was also sold as a 14 day so perhaps that's the reason