Stick with your initial Move Up bids?

jdvmd

16 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

Do most of you come in with your best bid initially or change them pretty frequently?

I wouldn’t go for a move up if I had chosen my cabin.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

We just bid $150 each to go from a cheap veranda to aqua and won it!!

Very interesting. I decided to bid again and upped a few categories after you posted on the roll call this morning and I checked inventory. When I put our bids in originally weeks ago, we bid $300 a person for Aqua class and that is where it is now. Currently in an obstructed verandah.

Posted (edited)

We very rarely get involved with move up, but if and when we think we might, I note the fares for the upgraded stateroom(s) I would consider at the time that I am booking the original stateroom selected.  I then follow that category(s) fares from that initial booking time, and the bid I would enter for any upgraded stateroom would typically be lower than, but would not exceed the difference between what I paid and what the lowest fare offered was for that category.  Once entered I would not change it.  If I get it, great, if not, no loss.  But in this manner I am assured I would not overpay with the bid.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We very rarely get involved with move up, but if and when we think we might, I note the fares for the upgraded stateroom(s) I would consider at the time that I am booking the original stateroom selected.  I then follow that category(s) fares from that initial booking time, and the bid I would enter for any upgraded stateroom would typically be lower than, but would not exceed the difference between what I paid and what the lowest fare offered was for that category.  Once entered I would not change it.  If I get it, great, if not, no loss.  But in this manner I am assured I would not overpay with the bid.

Right. This is exactly what we do. I check prices daily and know that sometimes if I want to upgrade, it is just cheaper to do so without bidding. This time around, we sail on Monday and some interesting categories have opened up.

• Like 1

I did several move up bids on edge to go from sky suite to upper suites , I went 4K then lowered it a little and still got the penthouse, it was a amazing vacation to celebrate my wife’s birthday and our anniversary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

Right. This is exactly what we do. I check prices daily and know that sometimes if I want to upgrade, it is just cheaper to do so without bidding. This time around, we sail on Monday and some interesting categories have opened up.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

my upgrade to aqua would have been at least $1000. more than the $150 I tossed at them. Shocked when I won

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

my upgrade to aqua would have been at least $1000. more than the $150 I tossed at them. Shocked when I won

Enjoy it! Just making sure you bid this morning, correct?

17 minutes ago, George C said:

I did several move up bids on edge to go from sky suite to upper suites , I went 4K then lowered it a little and still got the penthouse, it was a amazing vacation to celebrate my wife’s birthday and our anniversary.

I have considered doing this for our upcoming Edge cruise but we booked back when gratuities were included as well as the OBC for suites.  I'm wondering if we win a move up would this change our booking so that we'd lose those original perks?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I have considered doing this for our upcoming Edge cruise but we booked back when gratuities were included as well as the OBC for suites.  I'm wondering if we win a move up would this change our booking so that we'd lose those original perks?

From the MoveUp T's & C's:

• You get to keep the promotions you already have. However, no additional promotions will be added to your reservation.

And:

• You will earn points based on the original category paid for.
Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

no I won in Feb, for my Apr 22 cruise

Gotcha. I thought you said above that you had just bid. We are on the same cruise.

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

From the MoveUp T's & C's:

• You get to keep the promotions you already have. However, no additional promotions will be added to your reservation.

And:

• You will earn points based on the original category paid for.

So I take it inclusions are not the same as promotions.  For example, if we won a move up from Sky to Royal, we'd get the included specialty dining but not additional promotional incentives that may be currently running.  I just looked at the minimum bid to move up to a RS from a SS and it's $1400 pp.  Nahh, I think we will stay put.