Robes on Holland America

I recently was told that Holland America provides complimentary robes in all cabin categories. Is this true? If so, are there larger (plus) sizes available? 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Sblibra said:

I recently was told that Holland America provides complimentary robes in all cabin categories. Is this true? If so, are there larger (plus) sizes available? 

Complimentary for use, not to take home, although you can purchase a brand new one for US$49 each, with three-initial embroidery included. When I log in to a booking and go to Extras/Collector Gifts -- there is no sizing choice. One might ask on the ship.

I'm a big person, although I wouldn't say huge, and the normal robes fit fine.  This thread talks about requesting XXL robes from your cabin stewards, but I have never done this myself:

23 minutes ago, Torquer said:

I'm a big person, although I wouldn't say huge, and the normal robes fit fine.  This thread talks about requesting XXL robes from your cabin stewards, but I have never done this myself:

Hi - I'm the one that posted about asking for the larger size robe. Sometimes it may take a bit for your cabin steward to find one, but I've never had the full length of the cruise go by w/out getting one. You can also ask in the spa- that's frequently where the cabin stewards go to get them. Ask the spa to hold one for you when they do laundry 😉

We've received XXL robes as recently as Oct - Dec on NS and Dec/Jan on K'dam; also NA & Eurodam last year and other ships in previous years.

56 minutes ago, Torquer said:

I have never seen one that is more than L or XL and my stewards have not been able to get a larger one 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlawrence01 said:

I have never seen one that is more than L or XL and my stewards have not been able to get a larger one 

I’ve yet to see one that is less than a very large (man’s).🫤

I did take pictures of both the white waffle weave cotton w/blue piping (the one for cabins) and the terry lined plush one (for the spa) and will see if I can find them. I did not ask for a CO robe in the larger size so do not know if that's available. 

The definitely have XXL size robes. I never use the robe but on one cruise my cabin steward saw that I was plus size and brought me one! I’m low maintenance for the most part. Seldom request much except pillow menu. 
I just always ask for a pillow menu to find a softness and size pillow that I like.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Torquer said:

Yes , just ask  your cabin steward, they will get one from the spa 3xl.

• Thanks 1

I'd love to see them in a smaller size - wouldn't it be nice to be able to pre-order the right size prior to boarding? The ones in the stateroom can pretty much wrap around me almost twice - it's hard to imagine it being too small on many people, but from the responses here that seems to be the case. That said, I only wear it inside my stateroom so it really doesn't matter how silly it looks. As a person on the smaller end of the spectrum, it can be difficult finding things that fit, and any "one size fits all" will never look like it was intended to look when I wear it! 

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 5

There are definitely plus size robes every time that I have asked (3x I think)  ask the room steward and they can find one.  I have seen the waffle robes in plus size and they have brought me club orange robes in plus size

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wdw1972 said:

I'd love to see them in a smaller size - wouldn't it be nice to be able to pre-order the right size prior to boarding? The ones in the stateroom can pretty much wrap around me almost twice - it's hard to imagine it being too small on many people, but from the responses here that seems to be the case. That said, I only wear it inside my stateroom so it really doesn't matter how silly it looks. As a person on the smaller end of the spectrum, it can be difficult finding things that fit, and any "one size fits all" will never look like it was intended to look when I wear it! 

Sue/WDW1972

It amazes me how many wear the robe to the Lido restaurant

• Like 2
  • Haha 1