Vancouver Disembarkation Info

Looking for what is the easiest way to get to the airport post cruise for a 1:25pm flight.  Is it better to book HAL’s transfer or get a cab?  I am not concerned with the cost just want to do what would be quickest and easiest.  Only 1 other ship in port that day.  And if get a cab is easier where do you get the cab?  

11 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I get a cab.  The queue is right in the building under Canada Place after exiting immigration.  

Lots of Vancouver info and other transport options to the airport listed in the link below.

Have a great trip!

West Coast Departures - Cruise Critic Community

Thanks - it sounds easy - every time I’ve previously disembarked from Vancouver I’ve gotten a rental car.  I’d rather take a cab than do the HAL transfer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skicruiser55 said:

Thanks - it sounds easy - every time I’ve previously disembarked from Vancouver I’ve gotten a rental car.  I’d rather take a cab than do the HAL transfer.

Just know that the queue for cabs can be VERY long, depending on how many ships are in port and what time you disembark.  Plan accordingly...

1 minute ago, twincheryl said:

Just know that the queue for cabs can be VERY long, depending on how many ships are in port and what time you disembark.  Plan accordingly...

There will only be one other ship in port and we can disembark early which we will do.  Is an Uber a better option?  If so, where is the pickup for them? 

1 minute ago, Skicruiser55 said:

There will only be one other ship in port and we can disembark early which we will do.  Is an Uber a better option?  If so, where is the pickup for them? 

I actually think a cab is what I would choose in your circumstances because you need to go outside Canada Place to the street to meet an Uber.  

~Nancy

Posted (edited)

sky train - probably as fast or faster than a car, less expensive, and leaves from only a block away from canada to place to across the drive at the Airport.  It runs very frequently so you are never late for a train, just early for the next.  VERY EASY.

Since the station near the cruise terminal is the start of the line, you will basically have your pick of seats.  Just move towards either end of a car with your luggage.

Edited by cruisingrob21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I actually think a cab is what I would choose in your circumstances because you need to go outside Canada Place to the street to meet an Uber.  

~Nancy

That’s what I was afraid of.  Last time I disembarked there I was herding 9 people through the crowds with luggage and it was not a pleasant experience - I am looking to make this easier.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

sky train - probably as fast or faster than a car, less expensive, and leaves from only a block away from canada to place to across the drive at the Airport.  It runs very frequently so you are never late for a train, just early for the next.  VERY EASY

I will check it out when we are there before the cruise and see how easy it looks.  

1 minute ago, oakridger said:

It is if you can wrangle your luggage and don't have bad knees!!  Easy for some, not easy for others!  😉

Good point - you need to be more limber with your luggage to use Skytrain given the escalators and slightly further walking distance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Good point - you need to be more limber with your luggage to use Skytrain given the escalators and slightly further walking distance.

We are limber and can manage luggage but not a fan of luggage and escalators - are there elevators?

47 minutes ago, Skicruiser55 said:

We are limber and can manage luggage but not a fan of luggage and escalators - are there elevators?

Yes, there are elevators from the street level to the boarding platform. At the airport, you will cross a short bridge from the train platform directly to check-in

3 hours ago, twincheryl said:

There was only one other ship when I disembarked at Vancouver a few years ago and I was standing in the queue for an hour. The other ship docked first and their people got out first. I think this summer I'll do a ship transfer. I don't like the transfers, but I have too much luggage to do SkyTrain. 

• Like 1