BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think the best creme Brulees don't have cream 

I have to say I indulge on cruises by having one scoop of ice cream on the side 😁

• Like 2

Just now, MicCanberra said:

I think the best creme Brulees don't have cream 

True in that respect. Something has changed in the editor used here and it keeps changing words on me. It's annoying. 

We're making very good progress towards Fremantle. We're about halfway across the Great Australian Bight, cruising through relatively benign seas.

We had our first formal night last night. Most people made an effort to dress up but there were a few exceptions. We were going to go to the show (Encore) but dinner service was a bit slow so we decided not to bother. The change to 9pm for the second show is just a bit too early for us.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're making very good progress towards Fremantle. We're about halfway across the Great Australian Bight, cruising through relatively benign seas.

We had our first formal night last night. Most people made an effort to dress up but there were a few exceptions. We were going to go to the show (Encore) but dinner service was a bit slow so we decided not to bother. The change to 9pm for the second show is just a bit too early for us.

Thanks to your excitement stirring us along, I have just booked a half world lol London to Sydney July 2026! Well I’ve got a cabin on hold til 17 May to research and decide lol.

Would visit family in Uk first.

not quite your round the world but half way. Just researching insurance initially cos that’s a huge one for an 85 (well 87 by then !!!!) and of course CC will be my first source of info 🥳🥳🥰

• Like 3

Just now, ekka49 said:

Twinings English Breakfast  tea bags are now available in Horizon Court

Yes, I saw those this morning, and used one for my first cup of tea, but by the time I went back for my second cup of tea they'd vanished again. Luckily I had one of my own teabags in my pocket.

• Like 3

Just now, Cbtours said:

Thanks to your excitement stirring us along, I have just booked a half world lol London to Sydney July 2026! Well I’ve got a cabin on hold til 17 May to research and decide lol.

Would visit family in Uk first.

not quite your round the world but half way. Just researching insurance initially cos that’s a huge one for an 85 (well 87 by then !!!!) and of course CC will be my first source of info 🥳🥳🥰

Good on you! And better to fly first and cruise home.

Quute a few people on our cruise are only doing sectors - we've chatted to a few who are just going through to Dover.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Good on you! And better to fly first and cruise home.

Quute a few people on our cruise are only doing sectors - we've chatted to a few who are just going through to Dover.

Cruising home was what we wanted to do re capetown but talking with princess you can’t disembark cape on RTW. Only if doing a segment.

but got a good research project for next couple weeks before I have to confirm 😁

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Cruising home was what we wanted to do re capetown but talking with princess you can’t disembark cape on RTW. Only if doing a segment.

but got a good research project for next couple weeks before I have to confirm 😁

As far as I know the Princess world cruises don't go that way around so it would be impossible to do Capetown to Australia as a segment. Some Cunard ones may come south through the Atlantic to Capetown then across to Australia but not Princess 

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

As far as I know the Princess world cruises don't go that way around so it would be impossible to do Capetown to Australia as a segment. Some Cunard ones may come south through the Atlantic to Capetown then across to Australia but not Princess 

I know 😩 and I would have jumped on the cheap segment Syd to cpt last minute if I didn’t have commitments 

3 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I have just booked a half world lol London to Sydney July 2026! Well I’ve got a cabin on hold

I'm tempted to do that sector myself with Prince Edward Island,( or PEI as the Canadians call it ) as one of the ports of call.

I'm a bit of an Anne of Green Gables fan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Cape town to London segment is very cheap

I'm surprised it hasn't sold out by now but I guess airfares/routes would become limited close to sailing.

Just now, Yaya_in_Oz said:

I'm surprised it hasn't sold out by now but I guess airfares/routes would become limited close to sailing.

Plus it only went on offer a couple of months ago after people cancelled because the ship wasn't going to Civitavecchia.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Cape town to London segment is very cheap

I will look into that. That’d be good for us. I’ve got two weeks to decide if I want to book the one I’ve got on hold

I was looking to do a European cruise when I saw this so I booked and bought a ticket about 3 weeks ago, so I'll be joining you on a short sojourn from CPT to London. The airfare was the price of a ticket to Europe (in economy of course) but I have to go the long way through Dubai as I want to go on Emirates to maximise my time on an A380 and also they've always given me good service.

I appreciate your info @OzKiwiJJ and last night I was printing off my receipts for excursions as I notice they've all gone up about $30 since I paid for them (only 5) and they might want more money. My CC has been debited for my medallion and I'll pack next week. Max 17-18 kg that I can manage and 5 kg in carryon. I'll see you all in about 2 weeks although I don't surface much on sea days. I look forward to sailing across the TOCapricorn, Equator, TOCancer while reading a book or playing games and sitting in the sun on my balcony, then we hit the ports and away we go. I'll be following your blog each day until then.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

I was looking to do a European cruise when I saw this so I booked and bought a ticket about 3 weeks ago, so I'll be joining you on a short sojourn from CPT to London. The airfare was the price of a ticket to Europe (in economy of course) but I have to go the long way through Dubai as I want to go on Emirates to maximise my time on an A380 and also they've always given me good service.

I appreciate your info @OzKiwiJJ and last night I was printing off my receipts for excursions as I notice they've all gone up about $30 since I paid for them (only 5) and they might want more money. My CC has been debited for my medallion and I'll pack next week. Max 17-18 kg that I can manage and 5 kg in carryon. I'll see you all in about 2 weeks although I don't surface much on sea days. I look forward to sailing across the TOCapricorn, Equator, TOCancer while reading a book or playing games and sitting in the sun on my balcony, then we hit the ports and away we go. I'll be following your blog each day until then.

Bring a record of the original prices you paid for your excursions, if you can, then go to the Excursions Desk once onboard. They know about this issue but it appears they are only dealing with it on a one by one basis if you complain. Which stinks! They should have resolve the issue at corporate level.

I'm waiting to see what happens with the excursions that have been billed to our folio so far - any payments by credit/debit card go on your folio as a credit then the excursions are charged to your folio when they are ticketed. We have our excursions tickets up to Dover so far. Apparently we'll either get OBC for the overcharged amount or a refund.

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Screenshot_20240503-194152_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes those prices look good (not the OC as Julie pointed out 😮). By comparison, fare for our Grand Princess cruise in Oct 2025 (Sth Pac, Hawaii, French Polynesia - Syd to Syd) is also 37N & for balcony price is A$11,600 pp! It's only money & you only live once, right 🙂 Of course no airfares required for that one, so need to factor in flight to SA and from London & likely accomm costs for this cruise for a true comparison.

@OzKiwiJJ sorry I'm late to the parade...again. I bid you fair winds and a trailing sea. As others have mentioned, maybe get some Twinings English breakfast in Freo, that way you don't have to use all your precious blend. You should be able to make it stretch through the entire voyage. You will be able to get Twinings teas of all varieties at any of the Canadian ports. 

We look forward to following along your voyage.