THE QUEST

Always enjoyed the Quest. My first Quest was on the Horizon, 2018 led by John Heald. However there was no QUEST game on my Celebration cruise last October. Did Carnival retire this fun adult game? Considering the Horizon (third time on her) this September.

Please and Thank You

20240421_213427.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Captain Zippyjet said:

Always enjoyed the Quest. My first Quest was on the Horizon, 2018 led by John Heald. However there was no QUEST game on my Celebration cruise last October. Did Carnival retire this fun adult game? Considering the Horizon (third time on her) this September.

Please and Thank You

20240421_213427.jpg

It's at the discretion of the Cruise Director. On the Vista now and the Quest was last night. 😎

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Quest is a thing on Glory.

DSC_9811_Zyde.jpg

I've been following along on your journey and was about to pop over to your thread and ask about this.  I will be on Glory on May 31st!

• Like 1

It was offered this past Labor Day on the Magic.

As mentioned it's up to the cruise director. Some may not want to emcee an event that can turn so "blue". On the Magic it was strictly adults only - more strictly enforced than the adults comedy. I think they actually had security out front scanning cards (I did not attend).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Captain Zippyjet said:

Please and Thank You

20240421_213427.jpg

It was on Horizon for my 3/30-4/7 sailing!

• Like 1

Quest is not happening on any Excel class ship, I was on all three last year and they have replaced it with Adult Game Night which is just sad and boring. Their excuse is that they do not feel they have a location that works for Quest. Heald did say it was at the discretion of the Cruise Director and it also did not happen on my Liberty cruise last month. It was on the Pride and Paradise this year. 

1 hour ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

Quest is not happening on any Excel class ship, I was on all three last year and they have replaced it with Adult Game Night which is just sad and boring. Their excuse is that they do not feel they have a location that works for Quest. Heald did say it was at the discretion of the Cruise Director and it also did not happen on my Liberty cruise last month. It was on the Pride and Paradise this year. 

Not really an excuse. Excel class was not designed with Quest in mind.

19 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Did they build the Venezia with Quest in mind?

No idea, but I can't imagine any cruise company designing a ship with only one event in mind. As I said in a previous post the only place I saw where Quest might work is the Limelight lounge, but it would be very cramped if they did use it for this.

Edited by sparks1093

On Freedom it was held in the tiny lounge on deck 4 that used to be the cigar bar. 

Very tiny room and seemed like a terrible setup. Then once it began, it was a very intimate experience and turned out to be the best Quest I've ever attended.

Everyone had to participate, nearly impossible to be a spectator in such a small space and a genuis move by the CD.

So yes, saying there is no venue big enough on Excel class is an excuse. The adult game night they hosted instead was very cringe and hard to watch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

On Freedom it was held in the tiny lounge on deck 4 that used to be the cigar bar. 

Very tiny room and seemed like a terrible setup. Then once it began, it was a very intimate experience and turned out to be the best Quest I've ever attended.

Everyone had to participate, nearly impossible to be a spectator in such a small space and a genuis move by the CD.

So yes, saying there is no venue big enough on Excel class is an excuse. The adult game night they hosted instead was very cringe and hard to watch.

The idea of being crammed in a tiny space like that and being forced to participate is enough to make me cringe. A lot of people like to watch Quest and not having room for them is a good reason not to have it.

44 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

The idea of being crammed in a tiny space like that and being forced to participate is enough to make me cringe. A lot of people like to watch Quest and not having room for them is a good reason not to have it.

Quest is scheduled for tonight in the Ebony Cabaret Lounge [Comedy Club Venue] on Glory's TA cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Perhaps I misspoke, nobody was "forced" to participate (although it was suggested it was not for spectators by the CD).

I think rather that the intimate venue led to more people feeling comfortable to participate. I'm sure not everyone did.

I would say you can't please everyone, but should everyone have to miss Quest because the venue is too small, or just a few people who are uncomfortable in a small venue or turned away if it's at capacity?

I feel like one way leaves more people satisfied than the other.

This CD also bragged about being the #1 rated CD in the fleet that past month based on the surveys we do.

Plenty of other things to enjoy on an excel class, but I do wish they would try Quest and see if it could work.

29 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Perhaps I misspoke, nobody was "forced" to participate (although it was suggested it was not for spectators by the CD).

I think rather that the intimate venue led to more people feeling comfortable to participate. I'm sure not everyone did.

I would say you can't please everyone, but should everyone have to miss Quest because the venue is too small, or just a few people who are uncomfortable in a small venue or turned away if it's at capacity?

I feel like one way leaves more people satisfied than the other.

This CD also bragged about being the #1 rated CD in the fleet that past month based on the surveys we do.

Plenty of other things to enjoy on an excel class, but I do wish they would try Quest and see if it could work.

Another consideration in addition to the venue is what other activity gets axed so that Quest can take place? The Fun Squad was going all out all week as was the CD and the entertainment schedule was jam packed. From what we saw everything was well attended so choosing which one to eliminate raises its own set of problems.

4 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Another consideration in addition to the venue is what other activity gets axed so that Quest can take place? The Fun Squad was going all out all week as was the CD and the entertainment schedule was jam packed. From what we saw everything was well attended so choosing which one to eliminate raises its own set of problems.

Adult game night if it hasn't gotten any better. I was on one of the first sailings to offer it (maybe the second or third) and I overheard the beards who were on the ship  mentioning it was getting terrible reviews from guests. It wasn't any better that night.

If I'm ever  fortunate enough to get on the Excel class again I will give it another shot, that was back when Celebration was brand new, perhaps they have worked the kinks out of it.