Fresh flower question

We are cruising out of Seattle on the Quantum next week and would like to buy fresh flowers at Pike Place market to take onboard for our cabin.  We did this on Princess about 8 years ago and they even supplied a vase for us.  So, question - does RCCL allow us to bring fresh flowers onboard and if so would they supply a vase for us to use onboard?  Thanks.

We did this when we sailed out of Seattle in 2015. Loved visiting Pike Place Market and the flowers were so gorgeous! We had no problem carrying them onboard, and they had a vase we used in our cabin. 

Loved all the flowers at Pike’s Place and took some with us in 2018 on the Explorer. Our cabin attendant gave us a champagne bucket for ours. It was one of the large clear acrylic ones with the little handles on the side. We bought a bunch of flowers and needed a large “vase”.

1 hour ago, aprilcruisers said:

We bought flowers at PP as well. No problem getting a vase from room steward. Enjoy!!

Here's mine.  The vase, when empty, is flat.  From a company called MODGY.

20231002_132747.jpg

NCL also prohibits fresh flowers. Some Ag inspector probably nailed them for bugs traced to flowers,,, so they are now prohibited. Can’t bring them onboard. Can’t buy them for delivery to a stateroom. They even stopped having fresh flowers arrangements in their suites. 

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You may bring flowers. We bring flowers every cruise since they stopped the flower cart years ago. 

IMG_1762.jpeg

I like to do the same, but now mostly bring an orchid and leave it with the crew.

Posted (edited)

Cool!  We're sailing on Quantum out of Seattle this July, on our anniversary, so I'd like to take a big bunch onboard for the wife...she deserves it after putting up with me for this loooonnnggg!

What time does Pike's Place open on Mondays?  I'd like to pick up some flowers the morning we board, but may have to grab them the night before.  Will flowers be sold on Sunday afternoon/evening?

Good information here.  Thanks.

Edited by LEMJMcC

It is opened 7 days a week.  The flower vendors arrive early to start putting together the bouquets.  Cash is easiest to use.  As for buying flowers later in the day, there will be fewer options.

Happy Anniversary!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

It is opened 7 days a week.  The flower vendors arrive early to start putting together the bouquets.  Cash is easiest to use.  As for buying flowers later in the day, there will be fewer options.

Happy Anniversary!

Great!  We plan to catch a shuttle from the Mediterranean Inn to Pier 91 at about 9:00 AM.  So. I'll have to hoof it down to PP to get the flowers, then hoof it back before then!  About a 30-minute walk each way from what Google Map shows, should be easily doable assuming they are open at 8:00 AM!

Thanks much!

1 hour ago, LEMJMcC said:

So. I'll have to hoof it down to PP to get the flowers, then hoof it back before then!  About a 30-minute walk each way from what Google Map shows, should be easily doable assuming they are open at 8:00 AM!

The walking pace seems optimistic from the Mediterranean Inn, but you would know your pace.

@Glaciers - thoughts?

Also, FYI, terminal doors are not scheduled to open until 9;45.  If there are any delays it could be closer to 10 AM.  Passengers will still be disembarking until at least 9;30 AM.  If you plan to arrive early, just be prepared to stand in line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

The walking pace seems optimistic from the Mediterranean Inn, but you would know your pace.

@Glaciers - thoughts?

Yeah, about 30 minutes to the Market from there. Not a bad walk.  Also have the monorail as an option from the Seattle Center to downtown/Westlake Station. Walk down, monorail back to avoid the hill on Lower Queen Anne. Although, not a bad hill by Seattle standards.  Good idea to go early!

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2024 at 12:52 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

@Glaciers - thoughts?

Also, FYI, terminal doors are not scheduled to open until 9;45.  If there are any delays it could be closer to 10 AM.  Passengers will still be disembarking until at least 9;30 AM.  If you plan to arrive early, just be prepared to stand in line.

Thanks that's good to know about the terminal doors.  We are planning to arrange a shuttle at 9:15 from the Med Inn.  

We don't mind hills, being from NE TN it's hard to walk anywhere without hitting them!  I like the idea of the monorail and would like to learn more about its route.
Thanks.