Still having Password issues

Since we all had the password issues with Royal and Celebrity, I’ve had to change my password once a week. I don’t go in often, so each time I’m having to make a new password! This is on my IPad the web, not the App.

Each time I create a new password I Clear my history, thinking maybe that will help. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this to stop? Again, this is both Royal and Celebrity.

i too have the same issue. whenever i need to log into my account, i always have to change the password. it seems like the backend server that royal uses is not saving my password

I’ve had the same problem for months, long before the recent issues.  Just about every time I log into either Celebrity or Royal on my desktop computer, my password isn’t recognized.   Sometimes I can “change” it to the same one that was just rejected, and other times I have to make up a new one.   I’ve cleared history and tried different browsers, and it still happens. It’s beyond annoying, but I have pretty much given up on finding a solution.  I’ll follow this thread for any new ideas.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

i too have the same issue. whenever i need to log into my account, i always have to change the password. it seems like the backend server that royal uses is not saving my password

I’m thinking that’s the issue with my password too. But it’s also Celebrity. It’s never happened until this started with everyone earlier this month.

9 hours ago, loman said:

I changed my password to the same one i had before and it worked. 

No issues .

It seems each new password works for a week or so, but then it makes me change it again.

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

It seems each new password works for a week or so, but then it makes me change it again.

Same here.  It's made me dread needing to log in.  😲

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Just checked now to see if my password allows me to sign in and it worked ,

quite strange on how this bug randomly selects some users .

• Like 1

Had this happen to me again yesterday, but they again let me "change" it to the exact same one I used last time, which defeats the point. . 

52 minutes ago, loman said:

Just checked now to see if my password allows me to sign in and it worked ,

quite strange on how this bug randomly selects some users .

I thought maybe it's a conflict between Royal/Celebrity and something else on my computer, such as anti-virus software.   But I really don't care anymore.  After cruises on the Anthem and the Equinox this year, next year's cruises are on lines where I don't have any log in issues - not that that's why I picked the other lines LOL!

• Haha 1

So I tried to log in again this morning. Last time I did, I had to create a new password.

That was April 30. I haven’t logged in since that day.

This morning I tried to log in and had to create a new password AGAIN!
So far every time I log in I need to do this. It’s not funny anymore.

Does Anyone have any idea why this is happening? It all started in April when everyone else was having the same problem, but for me it’s persisted. And it’s getting very annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the issue when everyone had password issues, I still to need create a new password EVERY SINGLE TIME I TRY TO LOG IN TO ROYAL!!

Yes, every single time! It’s beyond annoying.  I am computer savvy, so I know I’m using the correct password, but every single time I need to create a new one.  

I messaged Royal and they said they would send my issue to their “IT Team” to look into it.

well their IT team isn’t great which we all know.

So is anyone else STILL having this same issue? Or has anyone found out how to stop this very annoying problem? It appears a Royal doesn’t want me as a client anymore. 
but truly, this isn’t funny anymore.

last week I changed my password by adding 2 letters in the middle of my password that I saved in my browser (Firefox)-but I did not update the saved password-

so now when I login, before I click login with the saved info, I edit the password with those two letters and no longer have an issue

8 minutes ago, ngrund said:

last week I changed my password by adding 2 letters in the middle of my password that I saved in my browser (Firefox)-but I did not update the saved password-

so now when I login, before I click login with the saved info, I edit the password with those two letters and no longer have an issue

I’m not sure I understand. I have an IPad, and when I get the red message that I need to update the password, I do that right then in Royals site, then it asks me if I want to save it I’m guessing there, and requires me to enter my login name. I do that and it lets me in. My iCloud  saves the new password each time. But I also save it to my notes file just in case.

but nothing matters what I do, I always need to create a new one. I’m tired of this.

Just now, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’m not sure I understand. I have an IPad, and when I get the red message that I need to update the password, I do that right then in Royals site, then it asks me if I want to save it I’m guessing there, and requires me to enter my login name. I do that and it lets me in. My iCloud  saves the new password each time. But I also save it to my notes file just in case.

but nothing matters what I do, I always need to create a new one. I’m tired of this.

try not saving the next new one-so you will have to manually type it on you ipad, or like I have been doing editing the previous one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

So is anyone else STILL having this same issue?

I'd be annoyed too. I wish I could help but no idea why the issue is so persistent for you.

I changed my PW one time when the issue started and everything has been working fine ever since.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'd be annoyed too. I wish I could help but no idea why the issue is so persistent for you.

I changed my PW one time when the issue started and everything has been working fine ever since.

What browser do you use?  I’m on Safari, but I also tried Chrome with same issue. 

@ngrund I’m trying it the way you do… kind of…. I changed the password on Royal to get in, then when it asked me if I wanted to save to my keychain I said no. I have it in a note, so when I log in I will manually type my email and then copy the password from note

Such a difficult way to log in, I won’t know if that works until I try again, but for now I mostly use the app. Thanks for the help.

We've been having issues for months, with both RC and Celebrity sites. I haven't had to reset my password, but i do have to log in EVERY time i go to their website (it used to keep me logged in).

My husband has the problem some others have described, where he clicks on something within the cruise planning and it kicks him out; he logs back in over and over and gets frustrated and just gives up?!

I've reported to RC and don't get any response.

I've also noticed this problem: we use a password manager, and normally you can click on the link in the PW manager site and it will automatically take you to the website AND auto log you in. But, it doesn't work anymore for RC/Celebrity. I wrote to my PW manager help desk to ask them about it, they quickly responded to say they're aware of the problem and are working to fix it on their end....but it's definitely an issue on RC's end.

I have NO idea what this means (i am definitely not a techy!) but for what it's worth, here is their response:

"You're correct, and we've previously identified issues with autofilling on the website. The page is using shadow-root, and that's causing the issue here"

SO, it looks like until RC addresses these issues and fixes their configuration, we're all going to continue to have problems....sigh....

24 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

@ngrund I’m trying it the way you do… kind of…. I changed the password on Royal to get in, then when it asked me if I wanted to save to my keychain I said no. I have it in a note, so when I log in I will manually type my email and then copy the password from note

Such a difficult way to log in, I won’t know if that works until I try again, but for now I mostly use the app. Thanks for the help.

Yes, it sucks, When the issues first started, I would be able to just "change" the password to the same one, then I started getting error messages that password couldn't be the same. Last week when I just added the 2 letters, for some reason Firefox did not prompt me to update the saved password, so I just let it go. Since it has been working...

• Like 1

As far as I can tell, Royal Caribbean (RCI) and Celebrity use the same password for each passenger account. If you change password on Celebrity, and then try to log in to RCI with a previously-saved RCI password, it won't work because they now want the Celebrity password. You have to type your Celebrity password over the pre-populated RCI password (or vice versa if RCI was the last one you changed). There may be other problems too.

• Thanks 3