Price Drop Alert for Eclipse TA sailings in August 2024

Posted (edited)

Noticed this on CruisePlum today and thought I'd spread the word in case anyone could benefit or find value.

This alert pertains to the following sailings for Eclipse

8/4/24 - 12 night TA from Cape Liberty to Reykjavik

8/16/24 - 12 night TA from Reykjavik to Boston

We're outside of final payment date for these sailings so any price adjustments to current rates should be honored.  93 days out for the 8/4 sailing and 105 days out for the 8/16 sailing.

This mostly pertains to the Retreat rooms, but pretty much any other category is priced lower than has ever been offered for these sailings, so it's worth calling in to see what price difference there may be.

Most significant drop is for the Sky Suites for both sailings. Around $4000pp for an SS, which isn't a crazy good deal, but for this unique itinerary, it's a decent price.  What's a really good deal is the $5,521pp price for a RS on the 8/4 sailing (currently it's the lowest price per day RS available on all Celebrity sailings).  There are currently 3 RS available on that sailing.

Anyone with active bookings on these sailings should take a look at what money they can save by repricing or potentially upgrading your category at a lower price.  Happy hunting, and act fast because these prices won't be valid for long.

Edited by NorthStarStateCruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are in the Retreat for both of those cruises.  We booked within  48 hours of when the itineraries were released for booking.  No savings for us.  Both cruises are priced higher that our original price.

3 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We are in the Retreat for both of those cruises.  We booked within  48 hours of when the itineraries were released for booking.  No savings for us.  Both cruises are priced higher that our original price.

What's your stateroom category?

23 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I ask because the price history shows a lowest price Sky Suite at just over $7k/pp on the day after release. As mentioned, the RS for the 8/4 sailing is $5521 per person, which is lower than the initial selling price of the lowest Sky Suite. You are able to change stateroom selection at the current rates prior to final payment, which in this case would be an upgrade in category and a decrease in cost assuming you confirmed the booking around that $7k/pp price. 

We originally booked a V2 on the 8/4 sailing months ago. In February we switched to the 8/16 trip. The price dropped 2000, a month later it dropped another $1000 so I repriced. Totoal savings of over 50% from the original booking.  Suites look like they have just started to drop a little.  I think the volcanic activity in Iceland scared some people away

I saw the price of the RS a day or so ago and was amazed. I thought it was a mistake but I bought one yesterday when there were 2. There are now none left. My wife and I have been in RS once on Constellation in the Med and Millenium through original locks for Panama Canal.

• Like 1

I believe we may have taken that last RS you mentioned.😀 I am thrilled! As someone who paid the original SS price back in 2022, who knew upgrading to RS 91 days out would be so lucrative?!

See you in August! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dlexp said:

I believe we may have taken that last RS you mentioned.😀 I am thrilled! As someone who paid the original SS price back in 2022, who knew upgrading to RS 91 days out would be so lucrative?!

See you in August! 

Enjoy your cruise! I'm not booked on these sailings, but I saw the favorable pricing and figured I'd spend the word 👍

• Like 1

I have been looking for a celebration cruise for my wife and I. My wife had here second knee replace a month ago and I had open heart surgery last fall. I had pretty much given up on Celebrity as we have really enjoyed the RS. Since our last cruise on Celebrity they eliminated OBR and gratuities and most itineraries were at least 22K for 12 nights. We had been looking at Cunard and Oceania. At half price this cruise was the real deal. I just happen to come across this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Atarangi957 said:

I have been looking for a celebration cruise for my wife and I. My wife had here second knee replace a month ago and I had open heart surgery last fall. I had pretty much given up on Celebrity as we have really enjoyed the RS. Since our last cruise on Celebrity they eliminated OBR and gratuities and most itineraries were at least 22K for 12 nights. We had been looking at Cunard and Oceania. At half price this cruise was the real deal. I just happen to come across this.

Lucky you, enjoy the cruise!

9 hours ago, Atarangi957 said:

I wish you both a wonderful cruise, it sure seems that you both deserve to enjoy the RS!  I’ll be in a Eclipse RS in March 2025, like you we got an incredible deal, too good to pass up.

On 5/3/2024 at 5:35 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Noticed this on CruisePlum today and thought I'd spread the word in case anyone could benefit or find value.

This alert pertains to the following sailings for Eclipse

8/4/24 - 12 night TA from Cape Liberty to Reykjavik

8/16/24 - 12 night TA from Reykjavik to Boston

We're outside of final payment date for these sailings so any price adjustments to current rates should be honored.  93 days out for the 8/4 sailing and 105 days out for the 8/16 sailing.

This mostly pertains to the Retreat rooms, but pretty much any other category is priced lower than has ever been offered for these sailings, so it's worth calling in to see what price difference there may be.

Most significant drop is for the Sky Suites for both sailings. Around $4000pp for an SS, which isn't a crazy good deal, but for this unique itinerary, it's a decent price.  What's a really good deal is the $5,521pp price for a RS on the 8/4 sailing (currently it's the lowest price per day RS available on all Celebrity sailings).  There are currently 3 RS available on that sailing.

Anyone with active bookings on these sailings should take a look at what money they can save by repricing or potentially upgrading your category at a lower price.  Happy hunting, and act fast because these prices won't be valid for long.

Thank you very much.I am thinking about this.

On 5/4/2024 at 2:45 PM, Atarangi957 said:

I saw the price of the RS a day or so ago and was amazed. I thought it was a mistake but I bought one yesterday when there were 2. There are now none left. My wife and I have been in RS once on Constellation in the Med and Millenium through original locks for Panama Canal.

We bought an RS for the 4 August on Thursday at the $5521 price, upgrading from an AQ1. For the return from Reykjavik to Boston, the RS was still around $9600 per person, with taxes and such, would be over 10K more than we paid for the 4 Aug.  We did reprice the AQ1 we have from Rey to Boston, saving around 3K on that from when we booked it last May.    I rebooked the shore excursions at 45% off last November, a savings of over 2K from what they are priced at now.   Upgraded the wifi and beverage package last November, both for around $300 for the two of us, another huge savings.  Gotta keep an eye on everything all the time!  

I saw that the price between the 2 cruises for the same room was about $4300 pp and both were 12 nights. I guess Celebrity figures maybe more people preferred Boston to Newark. I have no idea why. I am happy for what I got.