Lisbon disembarkation - earliest time to leave ship on final day.

brucory

We have a cruise booked on Azamara in September which finishes with an overnight stop in Lisbon. 

The ship arrives at 1pm on the 2nd last day.

Looking for some thoughts on what time might be the earliest to leave the ship on the final day as looking at early flights from Lisbon.

Would consider wheeling off our own luggage if it helps. 

Any assistance much appreciated. 🙂 

I did this in March on a Saturday morning, day of the week may have an impact on time to get tto the airport. We left the ship at 7:30. Ordered a Bolt which took 10 mins and arrived at Lisbon Airport at 7:59. Our flight to London was due to depart at 11:05 and we had to wait about 1 hour for BA check-in desk to open. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've disembarked in Lisbon quite a few times, including last month.  In general, the earliest disembarkation time was around 07:00, so if you want to get off prior to that time you will need to secure permission from Azamara, as well as the understanding that you will handle all of your own luggage.

The 2 times that we disembarked early, we notified Guest Relations as soon as we boarded the ship and reminded them again the day before the last day.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to those that responded. Very helppful.

An alternate option is a mid to late afternoon flight - What is the latest they will be letting us get off the ship after an overnight?

I have bad memories of loud speakers coming on at 0630 telling everyone it's time to get off on previous cruises on some lines and not sure if thats how AZAMARA does things now? 

28 minutes ago, brucory said:

Thanks to those that responded. Very helppful.

An alternate option is a mid to late afternoon flight - What is the latest they will be letting us get off the ship after an overnight?

I have bad memories of loud speakers coming on at 0630 telling everyone it's time to get off on previous cruises on some lines and not sure if thats how AZAMARA does things now? 

Zero announcements (well usually unless they have to alert you to an issue) - the only CD who liked the sound of their voice on the last morning has fortunately left!  You can usually stay on until 9 or just after.  You can keep your room until 8.   Alternatively you could leave a little earlier and join an excursion with airport drop off. 
The one thing you can be sure of, no one speaks to you at 0630. 

• Like 1

Hi,

We are on this cruise and the agent we used has assured us it will be ok to leave the ship early on disembarkation day. In fact, we have transport arranged for 07:20 and our flight to London departs at 10:05.

• Thanks 1

On April 1st this year we arrived in Lisbon at 6am dead on time, we disembarked as soon as possible which was 7.15am. Luggage was all off and in the arrivals hall by then, but we then had to wait for what felt like ages for security with sniffer dogs to clear the luggage for collection. That said our taxi arrived at 7.40am and we had our cases and were on our way by 7.45am.

Being Easter Monday traffic was light and we were first in line for check in for the 11.05 BA flight, check in opened early at approximately 8.45am so we had time to relax in the lounge before heading to passport control.

The persistent problem at Lisbon terminal 1 is passport control we have seen queues of well over an hour there however despite the warnings from BA’s check in staff on this occasion we were through in less than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

We are on a cruise in September that finishes in Lisbon but arrives that morning. We are going to keep our luggage with us. We have high hopes of making our 11:05 am flight.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, PirateWife said:

We are on a cruise in September that finishes in Lisbon but arrives that morning. We are going to keep our luggage with us. We have high hopes of making our 11:05 am flight.

Self walk off and pre-booked transportation and you should be fine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2024 at 10:37 PM, brucory said:

We have a cruise booked on Azamara in September which finishes with an overnight stop in Lisbon. 

The ship arrives at 1pm on the 2nd last day.

Looking for some thoughts on what time might be the earliest to leave the ship on the final day as looking at early flights from Lisbon.

Would consider wheeling off our own luggage if it helps. 

Any assistance much appreciated. 🙂 

I guess you are on the Journey Athens Sept cruise to arrive 1pm Lisbon then overnight with us our paperwork has no departure time on it either. I would think you could get off the ship earlier than most would want to begin departure, and wheeling off your own luggage would certainly save you time. There are quite a few people doing a B2B to Boston including us. This will probably make for a less crowded departure for you. My husband and I usually wheel our own luggage on and off now, because we travel much lighter than in the past! Traveling lighter feels freeing to us. I hope you find this information helpful.