50% increase in non-alcoholic drink package?

10 minutes ago, Ex-vogue model said:

We are doing really good thanks and hope you and the family are too? Only seems like yesterday that we were on our Asian cruise and what a fab cruise that was!
I’ve just had my hip replaced and am desperate for my cruise in September on the Infinity. Need some ☀️☀️. You take care and happy cruising! 😘xx

Wishing you a speedy recovery. We’re all good; eldest is at Oxford completing his DPhil (don’t think he’ll ever leave) and the youngest is just finishing his masters (has a job where he completed his industrial placement) - two scientists in the family - where did I go wrong 🤣.

You’ll love Infinity; we were on her in March in Aqua - loved it. In fact, we’re just about to book another sailing on her for next year. Nine of us travelling on that one, now we have partners too 🤪!

Enjoy your September sailing; we have Japan first back on Millie 👍. Luckily, after seeing the new pricing 🙈, we have drink packages already purchased on that one 😉.

1 minute ago, villauk said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery. We’re all good; eldest is at Oxford completing his DPhil (don’t think he’ll ever leave) and the youngest is just finishing his masters (has a job where he completed his industrial placement) - two scientists in the family - where did I go wrong 🤣.

You’ll love Infinity; we were on her in March in Aqua - loved it. In fact, we’re just about to book another sailing on her for next year. Nine of us travelling on that one, now we have partners too 🤪!

Enjoy your September sailing; we have Japan first back on Millie 👍. Luckily, after seeing the new pricing 🙈, we have drink packages already purchased on that one 😉.

Wow! Two scientists in the family is amazing and Oxford too - you must be very proud parents!
I’m hearing good things about the Infinity so am very much looking forward to it. Our daughters coming with us - 25 and still wants to be with mum and dad!

Dont talk about drink packages -  never known them to go up and down so much! 
We’ve got one sorted for Japan April 2026 as it was a really good offer but nothing for this September or next Feb on the Beyond. Alan doesn’t drink as he’s diabetic and I only have one or two so might just go for the non-alcoholic if the price reduces. Plus there’s always happy hour 5pm-7pm for Captain's Club 😛😛

I look forward to hearing about Japan on Millie - love that ship xx 

• Like 1

I read recently about a fast food restaurant that was toying with the idea of using AI to implement demand pricing - i.e. automatically raising prices when demand is high.  Maybe Celebrity is trying the same thing?

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Take a look at the zero proof package pricing 😱

as this thread is about zero proof pricing 😉

Reading through the thread there are comments on other drink pkgs which is what I posted on.

3 hours ago, Ergates The Ant said:

I’ve never been able to drink enough to justify any of the packages, however much they discount them. And especially when I remember that we both have to purchase the package! I’ve always found the free decaf coffee on Celebrity  perfectly acceptable, and although I treat myself to one cup of ‘proper’ coffee a day, I often save that experience to enjoy ashore for half the price. I’ve hung onto my teeth and their enamel for this long, so I won’t be messing them up now with more than one glass of fruit juice a day and one can of ( diet) fizz, and I’m very fussy about tea. I’ll take my favourite brand of teabags, and avoid paying through the nose for the privilege of being given a posh tea bag and a cup of tepid water to dunk it in. A glass of wine with dinner, and maybe a Bailey’s afterwards isn’t going to break the bank, and I’d have to splash out on the premium package to cover the Baileys. So it’s a no brainer for us to pay as we go. 
I wonder how many people actually save by buying a package? Obviously it doesn’t hurt Celebrity or any of the cruise companies if passengers don’t drink up to the limit. And given the inflated on board prices, it probably doesn’t matter if everyone drank themselves silly, as presumably most of the alcohol is duty free, so an even bigger mark-up.

It makes total sense to some. A couple of martinis or glasses of champagne,  bottled water and coffees more than cover the cost. We wouldn’t sail without it. It would cost us a fortune if we didn’t have the package and we aren’t heavy drinkers 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AndyCapn said:

False alarm? I checked the app today and the price is back to $30/$26.99.

The second picture I  post , with the higher price was at 7 am this morning , 

it is now back to the April price 🤔

15 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The second picture I  post , with the higher price was at 7 am this morning , 

it is now back to the April price 🤔

Mine did that too, its back down. I did notice the martini flight went from about $50ish CA to about $72

Also there is some premium wine tasting for a small price of $258 😆

1 hour ago, Ergates The Ant said:

I wonder if the App is getting itself mixed up with other cruises, maybe longer with a correspondingly higher package price? 

This also happened on the website 

On 5/10/2024 at 4:20 PM, Ergates The Ant said:

I’ve never been able to drink enough to justify any of the packages, however much they discount them. And especially when I remember that we both have to purchase the package! I’ve always found the free decaf coffee on Celebrity  perfectly acceptable, and although I treat myself to one cup of ‘proper’ coffee a day, I often save that experience to enjoy ashore for half the price. I’ve hung onto my teeth and their enamel for this long, so I won’t be messing them up now with more than one glass of fruit juice a day and one can of ( diet) fizz, and I’m very fussy about tea. I’ll take my favourite brand of teabags, and avoid paying through the nose for the privilege of being given a posh tea bag and a cup of tepid water to dunk it in. A glass of wine with dinner, and maybe a Bailey’s afterwards isn’t going to break the bank, and I’d have to splash out on the premium package to cover the Baileys. So it’s a no brainer for us to pay as we go. 
I wonder how many people actually save by buying a package? Obviously it doesn’t hurt Celebrity or any of the cruise companies if passengers don’t drink up to the limit. And given the inflated on board prices, it probably doesn’t matter if everyone drank themselves silly, as presumably most of the alcohol is duty free, so an even bigger mark-up.

How many people save? Not the majority otherwise X wouldn't be offering the packages. 

On 5/9/2024 at 5:46 PM, AndyCapn said:

Screenshot_20240509-173856.thumb.png.f6ee1719b84542c6b09976d8b142f4d4.pngLooked today at my cruise and saw the price for the non-alcoholic drink package is now $45/day, $39.99 if bought pre-cruise.

I could have sworn a couple of weeks ago the prices were $30/$26.99. I remember thinking you needed 6 specialty coffees a day to "break even."

Is it just my cruise, which leaves in a month? Or have the prices really gone up 50% fleet wide?

We paid for non-alcoholic package back in Feb and you’re correct, it was $26.99 then. 

Drink packages on my cruise. I bought my drink package with my TA and it included drinks, wifi, and gratuities. It was an additional $600 for a 7 night cruise but I am traveling with a child. I still think it's a good deal though. 

Screenshot_20240514_072700_Celebrity.jpg

57 minutes ago, StarLi said:

Drink packages on my cruise. I bought my drink package with my TA and it included drinks, wifi, and gratuities. It was an additional $600 for a 7 night cruise but I am traveling with a child. I still think it's a good deal though. 

Screenshot_20240514_072700_Celebrity.jpg

When did you buy your cruise, when does it sail? 

The current All Inclusive does not include tips. 

Are TAs giving tips as a bonus?

Happy Cruising!

8 minutes ago, asctony said:

Happy Cruising!

It would have depend on when they book the cruise 

Almost All included cruise book before October 2023 included tips 

1 hour ago, asctony said:

Happy Cruising!

I booked late November 2023 and my cruise is leaving in 2 weeks! I'm honestly not sure how she got me the all included package since I heard that ended in October.  

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It would have depend on when they book the cruise 

Almost All included cruise book before October 2023 included tips 

Yes, that is why I asked the question.

1 minute ago, StarLi said:

I booked late November 2023 and my cruise is leaving in 2 weeks! I'm honestly not sure how she got me the all included package since I heard that ended in October.  

Very happy for you! You really got a deal!

Happy Cruising!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 3:49 PM, AndyCapn said:

False alarm? I checked the app today and the price is back to $30/$26.99.

Missed this before my (now deleted) response .. PHEW !

Edited by poffles
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StarLi said:

It could be a group book your TA had , since they started the booking before October 

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It could be a group book your TA had , since they started the booking before October 

Guess I got lucky then! 😁