Did HAL Luggage Tags Change? or Were they always like this..

Since this appears to be a post-restart thing, I wonder if it originated in the days when an infected passenger was removed from the ship? Perhaps it was a way to expedite the disembarkation process in the event it came early? 🤷‍♀️

Posted (edited)

I always take my tags off prior to disembarking in preparation for checking my bags at the airport.  I recently have also done all combinations of disembarkation/transfer (walk off with my bags, collected my bags after disembarkation, airport transfer, no transfer, etc.). I've never had an issue nor seen how/when leaving the tags on would have been a benefit.  I'm guessing the only instance where it could be of some benefit would be if your bags are misplaced between collecting on the ship the night before disembarkation and the port side bag pickup area upon disembarkation or if you don't have any other identification tags on your bag.  Even then, if you have your personal luggage tags on your bags (not the ship boarding tags) you should be fine.

Edited by CT D&N

Posted (edited)

I do not remember this for our Konignsdam cruise last November, we had CO and got disembarkation tags for that cruise. I printed out our tags for our Volendam August cruise and it does have the new language @LAFFNVEGAS mentioned here. We also have CO and are in a Vista Suite for the August cruise.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I do not remember this for our Koningsdam cruise last November, we had CO and got disembarkation tags for that cruise. I printed out our tags for our Volendam August cruise and it does have the new language @LAFFNVEGAS mentioned here. We also have CO and are in a Vista Suite for the August cruise.

Terry I agree they definitely were not on the tags for Koningsdam last November. Now I am wondering if it is just certain embarkation/disembarkation ports.

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Terry I agree they definitely were not on the tags for Koningsdam last November. Now I am wondering if it is just certain embarkation/disembarkation ports.

I forgot I had previously printed the tags for our August cruise back in early April and that language was NOT on them. When I printed them out today the language was there, so I am not sure if this is a new policy. It would save a lot of printing and paper of new disembarkation tags at the end of a cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I forgot I had previously printed the tags for our August cruise back in early April and that language was NOT on them. When I printed them out today the language was there, so I am not sure if this is a new policy. It would save a lot of printing and paper of new disembarkation tags at the end of a cruise.

Nothing new and also not port dependent, got them in 2021 and 2022 season in Alaska and Mediterranean. Text wasn’t there during 150 year anniversary season, but has returned now. We have early printed tags for upcoming 2024 and 2025 cruises with the 150 anniversary logo without the text and if we print tags today for the same cruise, logo has disappeared and disembarkation text reappeared, same as in 2021 and 2022. These tags are for Canada and Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I just checked mine for my cruise in June and it has it on it too. So I don’t think CO has any impact. 

IMG_8531.jpeg

Edited by Khlela

On 5/10/2024 at 1:14 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

No, pretty sure not because I do not have Club Orange for my August cruise and neither does a friend traveling with us but she also has that on hers. I am wondering if by chance it is because we have Post Transfers by HAL?? I know that on my old luggage tag I found it on I did have a post cruise transfer to airport, I also have one this time. My friend who did not have it on her last cruise but she also did not have a post cruise transfer but the the previous cruises she had that this was on the luggage tag she did have a post cruise transfer. Right now that seems to be the common denominator.  

Ding ding ding! That must be it. 👍👏 Both Rotterdam ‘22 and NA Sep ‘21 have the disembarkation blurb, and both cruises I had HAL transfers after the cruise. 

16 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Ding ding ding! That must be it. 👍👏 Both Rotterdam ‘22 and NA Sep ‘21 have the disembarkation blurb, and both cruises I had HAL transfers after the cruise. 

Mine has it and I don’t have any post cruise transfers. 

We embarked the Noordam in March 2024 in Auckland and disembarked in Vancouver just 2 weeks ago. Our luggage tags did not have this disembarkation note on it. We did a HAL Transfer from pier to YVR.

13 hours ago, Khlela said:

Mine has it and I don’t have any post cruise transfers. 

Well darn, I thought I was on to something. 🤷🏻‍♀️