Cabanas on Coco Cay for Celebrity Cruises

I saw the cruise next year I have my eye on with Celebrity makes a stop at Coco Cay.  I am one of those people that all I have to do is think about spending time in they sun and I will burn.  How much are the cabanas, what is included with them, and what is the price?

12 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

I saw the cruise next year I have my eye on with Celebrity makes a stop at Coco Cay.  I am one of those people that all I have to do is think about spending time in they sun and I will burn.  How much are the cabanas, what is included with them, and what is the price?

Feel free to use the spreadsheet tool I built to generate a link to the cruise planner for the sailing you're interested in. You can see the prices without being booked on the sailing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit?usp=sharing

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

The price can vary by season and sailing, location on the island, and type of cabana, and can be quite expensive IMO. Over the water cabanas at Coco Beach club, for example, can exceed $3,000. (They typically would be for larger families or 3-4 couples traveling together).  Hideaway Beach can run $1,500+.  The ones on South Beach are far less costly but can still be in the $300+ range.  Note also that Coco Beach Club and Hideaway Bay are private areas and carry an upcharge, which would be included in the cabana cost.

The only way to determine an exact cost would be through the cruise planner with a booked cruise.  But be prepared IMO for sticker shock!

There are other alternatives with large umbrellas in most of those locations as well as at Oasis Lagoon and other spots, which are n/c on a first come basis.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We were very happy out at South Beach - plenty of umbrellas and chairs even with two ships in port.  We did a beach cabana for dear friends 50th anniversary but did not think the cost would be worth it otherwise.

35 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Why do you need to have a booked cruise in order to view the cruise planner?

Because typically, one can only plan for and see prices of things via their cruise planner on the Celebrity site.  So I can't see the price of excursions for a cruise I haven't booked because it doesn't show in my planner.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Why do you need to have a booked cruise in order to view the cruise planner?

If you want to confirm the costs, to my knowledge that is the way to see the actual prices for excursions and cruise activity purchases for a given itinerary as they vary by ship and sailing dates.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Because typically, one can only plan for and see prices of things via their cruise planner on the Celebrity site.  So I can't see the price of excursions for a cruise I haven't booked because it doesn't show in my planner.

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

If you want to confirm the costs, to my knowledge that is the way to see the actual prices for excursions and cruise activity purchases for a given itinerary as they vary by ship and sailing dates.

I guess you would be out of luck if you were unaware of the trick to view cruise planners for unbooked cruises.

7 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I guess I am out of luck.  Explain.

Take a look at my first reply in this thread containing a link to an online spreadsheet where you can enter a ship and sail date to generate a link to the cruise planner for any Celebrity sailing. Works for RCI as well. The same link is in my signature.

There are lots of umbrellas around the chairs.  When we book the Beach Club, we just find chairs with a large umbrella between those.  

We find the cabanas there to be pricey, ranging from $1500 to $5k. As other have mentioned, cabanas have dynamic pricing, so even on a cruise you book, those can vary from week to week. 

We are sailing on the Reflection this coming week and booked a Chill Island cabana for $338 (15% off the $400 price). Doubt I would pay more than that, but I can justify $100pp for an "excursion". 

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Take a look at my first reply in this thread containing a link to an online spreadsheet where you can enter a ship and sail date to generate a link to the cruise planner for any Celebrity sailing. Works for RCI as well. The same link is in my signature.

Saw that but didn't realize it was expandable to different itineraries or accurate regarding indicated pricing.  Interesting.  Curious minds want to know how that was developed - just the 30,000' overview.

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Saw that but didn't realize it was expandable to different itineraries or accurate regarding indicated pricing.  Interesting.  Curious minds want to know how that was developed - just the 30,000' overview.

A while back I was playing around with the URL for the cruise planner and found that you didn't need an active booking or be logged in to access it.  The URL parameters weren't difficult to figure out either as it's just the ship code and sail date which are required.

After manually building a URL with the ship code and sail date a few times, I built the spreadsheet tool to make it easier.  I also figured that others would benefit from using it, so I made it publicly editable and usable and posted the link to it here.

I anticipate at some point they'll lock it down and require a login to get into the cruise planner, but for the moment, it helps provide insight into real-time pricing that would otherwise be unavailable to passengers without a booking.

5 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

A while back I was playing around with the URL for the cruise planner and found that you didn't need an active booking or be logged in to access it.  The URL parameters weren't difficult to figure out either as it's just the ship code and sail date which are required.

After manually building a URL with the ship code and sail date a few times, I built the spreadsheet tool to make it easier.  I also figured that others would benefit from using it, so I made it publicly editable and usable and posted the link to it here.

I anticipate at some point they'll lock it down and require a login to get into the cruise planner, but for the moment, it helps provide insight into real-time pricing that would otherwise be unavailable to passengers without a booking.

Very good and thanks for the effort and with sharing.  It is an excellent tool.  Now a few more of us know the trick....