Live Ovation of the Seas Alaska May 17-24, 2024 with Kmom

Ok so I didn’t go into port this evening but I did play Beatles name the song and I got a perfect score! 

Joe was asking the “teams” to count their scores but I was no team, baby!

Just one rabid lifelong obsessive Beatlemaniac.

• Like 12

This Sydney Australia thing has my fitness app all messed up. It added yesterday and today together apparently assuming I started the day there and then moved around the earth, essentially getting almost a 48 hour day, international dateline wise.

I’m struggling a little with the math but I lost Wednesday entirely because what was my actual yesterday looked like earlier today down under? Right?

🤔

IMG_4448.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I’m really not sure what to do with these treasures. 

I will say, Beatles Name That Tune was very challenging. The first ten or so were big hits everyone knows; even a lot of non-Beatles fans wouldn’t have been able to escape knowing them.

But then it got rough. And you only got 4-5 seconds of some non-hits you’d only know if you own the whole catalog and actually listen to it periodically. 

I have the box set on my phone and have heard most everything on all the Beatles records multiple times. I’m on the Beatles subreddit where we debate best and worst and most underrated and so forth. And I needed that nutjob level of fandom to get my perfect score, and even so I was only about 60-70% certain about five of the 20 songs. I knew them all but the shortness of the clips led to a little doubt.

Of course I won’t share my answer sheet but just listen to all 12 albums and all the singles, both A and B sides, and you might win as well!

image.thumb.jpg.b5c6155a22e1330223fc1df75c4aa03c.jpgo

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

image.jpg

Can't click like,, it needs another button. Being the keeper of the oh crap button I'll insert it here. 

Can't believe it's almost over already!  I'm not ready to get off!!!

Hugs from Texas

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

@MeganGC1983is at the airport and we’re still onboard. It’s 6:42 in Seattle so we have more than an hour until we have to get out of the room. I would like to hit breakfast in the MDR. 

MDR breakfast is our favorite way to end a cruise. One last peaceful moment away from the chaos and crowds of disembarking. I've never understood why people bolt off the ship first thing and skip their last paid-for meal. I'd rather prolong my vacation by another half hour or so...

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I couldn’t post breakfast because I had to join a work Zoom meeting! 😂

It was good and served quickly so they must be set up Windjammer style in the galley for this service. We had, of course, bagel with smoked salmon, chocolate pancakes, parfait, side of bacon (generous, probably six thin slices) and side of hash browns (one small piece, about 2-3 bites, with enough ketchup for three times the amount.

• Like 12

Hanging out in Two70 though our tag number is supposed to be in the much less attractive and comfortable Royal Theatre. We are going to be standing in a long line at the terminal and I am in no rush. 

They are ahead of schedule ship emptying wise and it’s down to a trickle in here.

image.jpg

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

MDR breakfast is our favorite way to end a cruise. One last peaceful moment away from the chaos and crowds of disembarking. I've never understood why people bolt off the ship first thing and skip their last paid-for meal. I'd rather prolong my vacation by another half hour or so...

We’ve had situations where we need to drive home from a port and want to get on the road asap. Of course there are also tight flight schedules and worries about customs delays.

I feel with a 2pm flight we’re more than fine chilling. That’s five hours from now. I don’t see the terminal taking over an hour and typically much less.

We will take a taxi or Uber to SeaTac and being midday after the local morning rush hour and the initial cruise passenger rush I think we’ll have more than sufficient time. Already checked in for the flight and bag drop should be easy enough. 

We’ll end up sitting and waiting either way and I like Two70 better than any airport.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 11

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

We will take a taxi or Uber to SeaTac and being midday after the local morning rush hour and the initial cruise passenger rush I think we’ll have more than sufficient time.

The taxi lines back up and last week off Edge, friends waited 1 1/2 hrs for one. For Ubers or Lyft, you will need to walk to the north end of parking lot, since they can’t pull up to terminal. Private town cars can pull up to terminal, but since you have time, I know you are in no rush. Always a zoo with 2 ships in port at Pier 91 today.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KmomChicago said:

So I may have just re-entered the country illegally as no one checked our documents.

They didnt look at anything in Port Canaveral. Facial recognition software is wonderful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1