Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

17 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

But moved on to where?  I'm researching other lines and I don't see 'nice' balcony furniture ..... however, they're better than the kitchen chairs and dinky table X provides.  Hard to find pics of what other lines are offering on their balconies.

We found the veranda loungers on Silversea (specifically, Silver Dawn, Silver Suite) to be very comfortable - and because this was our annual westbound TA last November, they got a good workout.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

But moved on to where?  I'm researching other lines and I don't see 'nice' balcony furniture ..... however, they're better than the kitchen chairs and dinky table X provides.  Hard to find pics of what other lines are offering on their balconies.

Other lines have loungers.  Silversea, Crystal, RCCL.  I'm ok with table and chairs as long as I also have my lounger.  If there's no room for both, I opt for no table and chairs.  

It's not the quality of the furniture; it's the content.  IOW, I'd love a great, super comfortable lounger but will take a pool lounger over no lounger.

In a suite, I expect more than two desk-type chairs and a table.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We have sampled quite a few lines.

Viking has simple chairs that look like wicker but are more like molded plastic type material and dining height table.  No cushions on chairs.

Azamara balconies have two chairs and dining height table.  Small balcony, even in club continent suite.  No room for loungers.

Holland America Neptune suite has two wooden loungers with pads, a big dining table and chairs for four people.  Lots and lots of space.

Our  favorite was Oceania in a penthouse, which is their entry level suite.  There were two really comfortable wicker type chairs with thick cushions and footstools and a small table for drinks.  The furniture was extremely comfortable in which to read, watch the ocean or take a nap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Oceania Vista (2023 build) penthouse suite, priced comparably to or better than X sky suite.Screenshot_20240620_120753_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e5bbd40da9c63ebf35316fb8f3acae63.jpg

Very nice!   Oceania Allura is going to be beautiful.  Comes out in 2025.  We have two future bookings on it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

i think an activist should contact the news stations or one of the 10000 blogs online and start a report. lesser things have been reported on and made viral.   and maybe even caused change.

This is a first world problem which will receive very little sympathy. Even in the cruise world, it effects very few people. Although on here there are lots of suite guests (or they are just very vocal), overall not even on the radar for 99.999% of the population..... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Oceania Vista (2023 build) penthouse suite, priced comparably to or better than X sky suite.Screenshot_20240620_120753_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e5bbd40da9c63ebf35316fb8f3acae63.jpg

P1, 2, or 3   or all all the same?  I think it's only location of the decks?  I'm leaning that way from X but need a subtle push after all the years with Celebrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royal3 said:

This is a first world problem which will receive very little sympathy. Even in the cruise world, it effects very few people. Although on here there are lots of suite guests (or they are just very vocal), overall not even on the radar for 99.999% of the population..... 

I think those who book concierge miss their foot stools and that is just as important to them as a lounger...which you won't find outside of suite life...unless there's a little payola and a larger balcony involved..LOL.

• Like 2

Just now, Oceangoer2 said:

P1, 2, or 3   or all all the same?  I think it's only location of the decks?  I'm leaning that way from X but need a subtle push after all the years with Celebrity.

Usually a PH 1 for me due to location..  I like to be not too far from the Executive Lounge.  Check out the locations of the cabins.  Some have extended balconies near the aft, but may be a few decks down from the lounge.  That may not matter to you.
Hope you enjoy.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We sailed on Edge in a suite (CS) and it had a narrow (but real) balcony.  A lounger did not fit on it.  My DW was very disappointed.

The magic carpet suites have a very nice and deep balcony.  We will be booking that cabin again.  😃 

2 hours ago, royal3 said:

I’m pretty sure all complaints on a cruise ship would be considered first world problems by most! 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

One could “say” that about a lot of things, but there is absolutely so many areas where this is true!  Personally, I enjoy being in this percentile for many excellent reasons, not just because of foot stools or loungers🥰.  After all, this thread means nothing to you, so no need to apply your own statistics unless you want a reaction...you’ve got it!  We are not looking for sympathy, just our foot stools and loungers, so please, out of common courtesy, allow us to have our say on Cruise Critic without labeling us a sympathy-seekers.  I get it; since these are not important to you, criticizing those of us who enjoy these items makes you feel...?

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

One could “say” that about a lot of things, but there is absolutely so many areas where this is true!  Personally, I enjoy being in this percentile for many excellent reasons, not just because of foot stools or loungers🥰.  After all, this thread means nothing to you, so no need to apply your own statistics unless you want a reaction...you’ve got it!  We are not looking for sympathy, just our foot stools and loungers, so please, out of common courtesy, allow us to have our say on Cruise Critic without labeling us a sympathy-seekers.  I get it; since these are not important to you, criticizing those of us who enjoy these items makes you feel...?

My reply was to the suggestion the news media, and social media, would be interested in this story. Please do not add a spin to my post. 

9 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

then say 'ask for it when you're onboard.... being a Retreat customer', etc........ which should be your due without having to 'ask'.  X has it backwards.  They should be providing the 'comfort' they advertise, not just to Retreat clients but all else on board.  Taking away 'comfort' is taking away future $$$s.  JMHO

Why should this comfort only apply to suite and Retreat passengers? My question is for Celebrity, not you btw.  On E class, the sunset verandas have plenty of room for at least one lounger and even two if you don’t mind it being a little crowded. People pay more for those cabins than a basic IV, so why shouldn’t they be afforded some perk of a little extra balcony furniture if that will have them leaving as happy customers and returning for future cruises? Celebrity has this completely backwards.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We sailed on Edge in a suite (CS) and it had a narrow (but real) balcony.  A lounger did not fit on it.  My DW was very disappointed.

Nor S1s and 2s

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Princess aft suite balcony furniture on Regal...and all Royal class ships..... wonderful

BALCONIES AFT ON REGAL PRINCESS - Princess Cruises - Cruise Critic ...

Wow chairs that actually look comfortable!!  Haven't seen that type of comfort on Celebrity in ages!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

We have sampled quite a few lines.

Viking has simple chairs that look like wicker but are more like molded plastic type material and dining height table.  No cushions on chairs.

Azamara balconies have two chairs and dining height table.  Small balcony, even in club continent suite.  No room for loungers.

Holland America Neptune suite has two wooden loungers with pads, a big dining table and chairs for four people.  Lots and lots of space.

Our  favorite was Oceania in a penthouse, which is their entry level suite.  There were two really comfortable wicker type chairs with thick cushions and footstools and a small table for drinks.  The furniture was extremely comfortable in which to read, watch the ocean or take a nap.

Wow!  The safety risks these lines must be dealing with!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My reply was to the suggestion the news media, and social media, would be interested in this story. Please do not add a spin to my post. 

No spin except your own comments that you posted, drawing attention to yourself, trying to do whatever until someone replies…safe travels and wonderful cruises whether you do Royal, Celebrity or    any other line🔜

Edited by Lastdance

On 6/20/2024 at 4:20 PM, Gracie115 said:

Princess aft suite balcony furniture on Regal...and all Royal class ships..... wonderful

BALCONIES AFT ON REGAL PRINCESS - Princess Cruises - Cruise Critic ...

That’s beautiful! And a real

table and chairs to actually have enough space on it to enjoy a meal . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

That’s beautiful! And a real

table and chairs to actually have enough space on it to enjoy a meal . 

They are wonderful balconies AND suites. We have 2 trips booked on this class in the next year.  Price is much more reasonable than comparable on X.  We rate the suite somewhere between a CS and RS on X.  No, there is no butler, which we don't care about, the room attendant has always done a great job for us.  No, there is no Retreat lounge with free drinks all day, but there IS a concierge lounge with free cocktails for a couple hours each night.  No, there is no Luminae, but there IS the Reserve dining room for suites and some mini suites, which is very nice with great service.  

And THAT balcony is just so wonderful it compensates for pretty much anything that is otherwise lacking compared to X. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gracie115 said:

They are wonderful balconies AND suites. We have 2 trips booked on this class in the next year.  Price is much more reasonable than comparable on X.  We rate the suite somewhere between a CS and RS on X.  No, there is no butler, which we don't care about, the room attendant has always done a great job for us.  No, there is no Retreat lounge with free drinks all day, but there IS a concierge lounge with free cocktails for a couple hours each night.  No, there is no Luminae, but there IS the Reserve dining room for suites and some mini suites, which is very nice with great service.  

And THAT balcony is just so wonderful it compensates for pretty much anything that is otherwise lacking compared to X. 

And even without the free drinks, the Plus package at $60 per day which includes drinks, WiFi and tips is such a bargain that you don’t really notice. Much better deal than X’s all included. 

• Like 1