Marijuana use in Canada while on cruise

Not trying to start a debate about anything regarding this, just wanting factual info if anyone has it.

if I’m going on a Canada New England cruise during the Canadian portion is it okay to use marijuana products while on shore and then come aboard the ship?  Weed is legal in Canada but I can’t seem to find any info on princess cruises take on it. 

again not trying to start any arguments just curious about the rules regarding this if anyone has any information.  

5 minutes ago, Freckles1983 said:

Not trying to start a debate about anything regarding this, just wanting factual info if anyone has it.

if I’m going on a Canada New England cruise during the Canadian portion is it okay to use marijuana products while on shore and then come aboard the ship?  Weed is legal in Canada but I can’t seem to find any info on princess cruises take on it. 

again not trying to start any arguments just curious about the rules regarding this if anyone has any information.  

Sure.  You can buy some and consume it while ashore.  Don't try to take it on the ship.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, MacMadame said:

Since you can't have marijuana on the ship, where would someone get the weed to smoke? (Or gummies to eat)

Buy it at a store.... they're more numerous than Starbucks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Freckles1983 said:

I'm not sure if you can bring it on the ship "legally" and/or with their knowledge.  I know I have smelled it on the ships several times but don't really remember where we were at the time. 

I guess I’m more so thinking about consuming on shore and had no intention of bringing on board.  As I said I just can’t find any info about that on the princess website or in the contract.  But I wouldn’t imagine bringing it on board would be okay.  

Just now, suzyed said:

I'm not sure if you can bring it on the ship "legally" and/or with their knowledge.  I know I have smelled it on the ships several times but don't really remember where we were at the time. 

No, you cannot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Freckles1983 said:

I guess I’m more so thinking about consuming on shore and had no intention of bringing on board.  As I said I just can’t find any info about that on the princess website or in the contract.  But I wouldn’t imagine bringing it on board would be okay.  

Princess isn't going to tell you where you can find and smoke weed legally.

• Haha 2

Just now, d9704011 said:

Princess isn't going to tell you where you can find and smoke weed legally.

No I didn’t think they would.  I don’t need to know where to get it as you said there’s a store on pretty much every street corner here now.  

• Like 1

Just now, Outerdog said:

OP: consume freely. Return to the ship. It's that simple.

Thank you 😊 

I figured as much but just thought I’d reach out and see if anyone had info I didn’t really consider 

33 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

OP: consume freely. Return to the ship. It's that simple.

Outerdog is completely correct on this. No different than stopping at a pub for a pint or two.

Just take an isolated walk and have a smoke. Maybe a quiet marina or a walk along a jetty/breakwater.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, EDDY0827 said:

Outerdog is completely correct on this. No different than stopping at a pub for a pint or two.

Just take an isolated walk and have a smoke. Maybe a quiet marina or a walk along a jetty/breakwater.

You can't smoke (anything) inside a pub.

Edited by d9704011
  • Haha 1

How would the ship know or care what you did on shore as long as you behave onboard?  They are not the smell police or the shore behavior  monitors.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As you know, smoking anything in a public space in Canada is illegal.  No bars or lounges, no restaurants, no parks, no patios.  You will have to find a remote area away from public areas.  To be honest, I don’t know anyone who smokes cannabis anywhere but on their own property.

Enjoy your smoke, but please be respectful of others.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

As you know, smoking anything in a public space in Canada is illegal.  No bars or lounges, no restaurants, no parks, no patios.  You will have to find a remote area away from public areas.  To be honest, I don’t know anyone who smokes cannabis anywhere but on their own property.

Enjoy your smoke, but please be respectful of others.  

This is not the case in all of Canada. I live in Ontario, and here you can smoke in public places outdoors. 

"Many outdoor public places (for example, sidewalks and parks)"

http://www.ontario.ca/page/cannabis-laws#:~:text=Many outdoor public places (for example%2C sidewalks and parks)

OP would need to check on the laws for whatever province they will be visiting.

• Thanks 1

What you do in Canada is based upon the rules and laws there. Totally different than the rules on ship.

It is not allowed onboard any Princess cruise ship no matter where it is sailing.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Freckles1983 said:

Here’s what you’re looking for. 

NSLC cannabis has a store at 5540 Clyde street in downtown Halifax. Pretty sure that would be the closest one to the port. It would be about a 20 minute walk from there. 

Edited by Cardiolite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You might be better off with vaping or edibles so you don't walk back to the ship reeking of weed, which may cause them to want to do a more thorough search of you and your property when you try to re-board. Vaping in public is much more discreet than lighting up a fat one.

610948729c8354a4f8595b04ff195220.jpg.9aa47efcbb8ba628a029233254750be6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rabbi-Reefer said:

You might be better off with vaping or edibles so you don't walk back to the ship reeking of weed, 

610948729c8354a4f8595b04ff195220.jpg.9aa47efcbb8ba628a029233254750be6.jpg

Thanks for the R. Crumb flashback!

I was just going to recommend edibles, for the reasons you mentioned.

1 hour ago, Spudd said:

This is not the case in all of Canada. I live in Ontario, and here you can smoke in public places outdoors. 

"Many outdoor public places (for example, sidewalks and parks)"

http://www.ontario.ca/page/cannabis-laws#:~:text=Many outdoor public places (for example%2C sidewalks and parks)

OP would need to check on the laws for whatever province they will be visiting.

Toronto ex resident, but still in Ontario and I have never come across anyone  smoking cannabis in a park or on a sidewalk.  I guess it’s possible, but you would be making a lot of people really upset.

20 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Thanks for the R. Crumb flashback!

I was just going to recommend edibles, for the reasons you mentioned.

Edibles are very popular here.  We even have cooking classes incorporating cannabis into recipes.  They can be very potent, however.  A friend told me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4