Horizon / (*Not) Live / Solo - May - 25 - June - 2024...

We also have been on the behind the fun tour, they appeared to put folks clothes in a mesh sack that was identifiable. We used the service many times and haven't had a bad experience 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Have you ever done the behind the scenes tour on board the ship? I've never done it myself, but I've read reviews and heard from other passengers that that's how they do it. These washing machines are ten feet tall...

You are correct. We did behind scene tour last Feb. They did have separate machines for clothes and all the towels and napkins they do every day.

• Like 3

OK I'll keep this going... I understand the washing of the clothes in a mesh bag but how do they dry them? My clothes are returned relatively wrinkle-free, but if they were all dried together in a mesh bag, i don't see how that could work! I could be wrong but I guess I'd need to see the process to understand how it works!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Have you ever done the behind the scenes tour on board the ship?

28 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I haven’t. I’d want to see it to believe it though. The videos I’ve found on YouTube don’t show guest laundry but the machines they do show aren’t that big.

I did the behind the scenes on the Dream. I didn’t see any individual washing machines and the big machines were enormous. Way bigger than those pictured above. 😬

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I can’t see it. I’ve done the mesh bag thing in gym class and football and basic training just for shorts and t-shirts. But I can’t see my blue jeans being able to be washed in one of those mesh bags with  all of my other clothes. And in a machine big enough to  have all of that stuff from other people. 

We did some laundry with jeans 

khakis, tshirts. It all came back fine. 

I’m also the person that brings twice as many underwear and footies everywhere Because really, how much room do they take up?  

And, no one is touching my undies😱

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, mommio said:

We did some laundry with jeans 

khakis, tshirts. It all came back fine. 

I’m also the person that brings twice as many underwear and footies everywhere Because really, how much room do they take up?  

And, no one is touching my undies😱

Oh yeah. I do jeans all the time and they always come back fine. I’ve done mesh bag laundry before and I’m just trying to picture that with blue jeans in it and I can’t see it. Especially drying wet blue jeans with a bunch of other clothes in one of those. Maybe they have much much bigger bags than what I’ve used.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5

I sure as heck could use just ONE MORE DAY off before heading back to work, but it ain't happening... Coffee is drunk, and soon I'll be heading back to the 'ol salt mine. Pray for me...

• Like 36
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I sure as heck could use just ONE MORE DAY off before heading back to work, but it ain't happening... Coffee is drunk, and soon I'll be heading back to the 'ol salt mine. Pray for me...

Give Chaka our love.❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

Everything's pretty much the same here at work today... The guy who's always 15 minutes late was 16 minutes late. The guy who can't seem to hit the toilet missed again. And the big boss decided to hold out on a huge project until I got back... 

In other news: while excavating my suitcase I couldn't find two days worth of my hand written notes from the week. Fortunately I ended up finding them in the outer pocket. 

I'll try to continue with the rest of embarkation day later on, but now I'm knee deep in rugs here at the 'ol salt mine...

• Like 22

Amazingly, I weigh exactly the same as the last day I was here at work... I can't believe it after all the food and adult beverages I consumed.

Screenshot_20240404-170429~2.png

• Like 20

12 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Maybe each bag of laundry is folded and put in a paper bag for delivery. When I fold my clothes hot out of the dryer they have fewer wrinkles.

During the staff Q&A on the a Venezia last year, the Head of Housekeeping said they have separate guest laundry machines and only one cabin is washed and dried at the same time. 

Is it the truth? I think it is definitely their SOP but who knows what really happens down there!!

I do send out my 🧺 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, TravelE said:

During the staff Q&A on the a Venezia last year, the Head of Housekeeping said they have separate guest laundry machines and only one cabin is washed and dried at the same time. 

Is it the truth? I think it is definitely their SOP but who knows what really happens down there!!

I do send out my 🧺 

I don't believe that at all... They'd have to have an entire team working 24 / 7 to do all those loads of laundry...

• Like 2

Apparently while I was gone almost everyone here at work was sick. Glad that I missed that. We've almost made it till lunch time, and it already seems like a long day. I'm going to be going for hopefully a few non drinking nights beginning this evening... More of the review coming up later. We've been pretty busy here so far with the "big project".

• Like 23

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I don't believe that at all... They'd have to have an entire team working 24 / 7 to do all those loads of laundry...

I assumed they did have people working 24/7 since you get your laundry the next morning. I don't know about a full team. It seems like a couple people could move stuff from the washer to the dryer and fold while those are going. I have no idea how many people send laundry out each day though. I would say for the most part only platinum and diamond do it...and not all of them...and not every day.

• Like 9

When I went into airplane mode on embarkation day I was sitting at the Alchemy Bar begrudgingly drinking mezcal cocktails when I would've definitely rather had tequila... Continuing my streak from the Celebration in January, I had a blue card beside me. This would be thing throughout the week...

PXL_20240525_204648579.jpg

• Like 13
  • Haha 11

And a compilation of the mezcal drinks by Diana and Karen, the main Alchemy bartenders. Each of them received my standard $25 tip on the very first round... This sort of "cemented" my spot at the bar from then on out...

PXL_20240525_201615456.thumb.jpg.6022f10aeaa4372e8a4ae78fda95c39b.jpg

PXL_20240525_202811465.thumb.jpg.799333181e2fe5e8fc6d34c4fe026893.jpg

PXL_20240525_204909528.thumb.jpg.57e68636b9a7735bbc5837cc651386bb.jpg

PXL_20240525_211954359.jpg

• Like 31

I'm guessing the after party review is gonna take you some time. I'm curious if you ever asked why there is no selections of tequila at Alchemy. I'd think that would have been right up front when they told you they didn't have any.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, atanac said:

I'm guessing the after party review is gonna take you some time. I'm curious if you ever asked why there is no selections of tequila at Alchemy. I'd think that would have been right up front when they told you they didn't have any.

Believe me, I had that conversation, and on every other sailing they've always been able to secure at least one bottle of the "good stuff" just for me... Didn't happen this week due to provisioning issues or whatnot... 

• Like 9

After a few drinks at Alchemy it was time for my pre paid 6:00 reservation at Jiji Asian, one of the reasons I booked this ship to begin with... I had the great duck appetizer, which is my favorite item on their menu.

PXL_20240525_221431560.thumb.jpg.869860742f56308b577a248cb4f749a6.jpg

PXL_20240525_221437536.jpg

• Like 21

***Slightly out of order, but this is the little free amouse bouche they bring out to get started. Tastes like some kind of fried cheese or something.

PXL_20240525_220832498.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Next up were the pot stickers with three different sauces, but not the kind I'm used to at the Chinese restaurants back home. Normally they're fried. These were okay though.

PXL_20240525_221710494.thumb.jpg.2b97d6368f41e2aa850b5661c3fa1c0a.jpg

PXL_20240525_221715887.jpg

• Like 18

For the main course I had what they call the "stock pig" and the shrimp fried rice. The fried rice ended up being the star of the show tonight... Really good. The stock pig wasn't too shabby either.

PXL_20240525_223248885.thumb.jpg.4e690e61fee1fb8b488c2cfb4c69a48b.jpg

PXL_20240525_223354179.thumb.jpg.9f033342b8ea8168da601c37bd7fb9ab.jpg

PXL_20240525_223239154.jpg

• Like 24

According to my notes I walked around afterwards and had a couple of shots of Patron Anejo down at the Atrium Bar and took two pictures of the Atrium Tornado... These were my last two pictures from day one on board. One of the weird things about not doing the full "Live Review" was that I wasn't tethered to my phone the entire time. I had only been disconnected from the real World for a couple of hours, but decided that I'd get used to it. Throughout the week I debated on whether or not to try and connect to WiFi in one of the ports, but ultimately decided to just stay completely "off the grid" the entire trip. It was the first time I've ever done this since the dawn of email and social media...

PXL_20240525_230708619.thumb.jpg.21374f991332c0426fb6d5d391c53987.jpg

PXL_20240525_231622175.jpg

• Like 45