WIFI Package Question

Hello cruisers. Celebrity is having some good discounts WIFI and drink packages. They are offering a pretty good deal on the WIFI for 2 devices. Has anyone bought this in the past, and can you be logged into both of your devices at the same time? Can I be logged into my phone and my reader/tablet at the same time? Thank you in advance.

Beyond May 2024

Beyond May 2025

I think it depends on what package you get. There’s a basic and an upgraded. I know the upgraded is supposed to be faster. Might also allow more logins.   This is the time to read the fine print.  

Just a side comment, the single device packages are almost always way less costly and typically you can have two single device packages for significantly less than a single two device package. We usually do that and I will have one device on mine (phone) and my wife will have the other (tablet) on hers, or visa versa.  We also frequently shift to the other devices on each plan as needed as we rarely both have to have both on simultaneously.

Unless you have a real need to have both devices always on together the two single device plan allows enough flexibility, at least for us, at far less cost.  Just a thought.

• Like 2

Just got off the Celebrity Summit.  Once onboard, I was able to upgrade my Basic WiFi, 2 devices, for less than $90, with Elite Plus discount. 

We are going on the Celebrity Apex in August.  Are they offering this type of discount now?

On 5/27/2024 at 10:29 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

Just a side comment, the single device packages are almost always way less costly and typically you can have two single device packages for significantly less than a single two device package. We usually do that and I will have one device on mine (phone) and my wife will have the other (tablet) on hers, or visa versa.  We also frequently shift to the other devices on each plan as needed as we rarely both have to have both on simultaneously.

Unless you have a real need to have both devices always on together the two single device plan allows enough flexibility, at least for us, at far less cost.  Just a thought.

What is the difference between the two plans? 

I know about the single device plan but what about the 2 device plan where you aren't simutamilously, as opposed to the 2 device plan where you are on at the same time?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CruiserQ123 said:

I know about the single device plan but what about the 2 device plan where you aren't simutamilously, as opposed to the 2 device plan where you are on at the same time?

Perhaps I wasn't clear?  There are only two plans: a single device, which only allows for one device at a time, but allows you to switch between devices; and a two device that allows two devices to be on simultaneously.  I am only comparing the single device and two device plans for cost. 

To my knowledge there is no other two device plan that would not allow two devices to be on simultaneously.  Not sure where that is coming from as that would kind of defeat the two device plan's purpose and would basically be a one device plan.

What I was showing was a cost comparison.  I am saying that we buy two single device plans (one for each of us) versus a single two device plan as the two single plans combined typically is far less costly than a single two device plan. 

We each then have one device being used on each of our plans and can switch those between another device each as needed.  This works for us as both of us rarely need more than one device on at a time, and this allows that at a less costly rate.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 hours ago, CruiserQ123 said:

the Basic plan does not support streaming video and is capped at lower bandwidth than the premium plan, which is capped 5 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload; 

If you have a two device plan, your account can be logged into two different devices at the same time (simultaneously).  If you have two individual plants, then each individual can only be logged into one device at a time.  

We sail with each of us having the Premium plan.  If I use my iPhone I log into my account on my iPhone.  If I want to use my iPad, I log out of the iPhone and then log in on the iPad using my account.   My wife does the same with her account. 

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

What I was showing was a cost comparison.  I am saying that we buy two single device plans (one for each of us) versus a single two device plan as the two single plans combined typically is far less costly than a single two device plan. 

I am probably thinking there is more information than there actually is  and that's what is causing my confusion. 

What two things are you comparing?

What did you actually purchase? 

Sorry for all the questions!

26 minutes ago, CruiserQ123 said:

I am probably thinking there is more information than there actually is  and that's what is causing my confusion. 

I think you are as well.  His explanation seems straight forward to me. 

26 minutes ago, CruiserQ123 said:

Sorry for all the questions!

He is simply saying that it is cheaper for him to purchase a two device package for him self and share with his wife than it is to buy a separate one device package for each of them. 

The two device package permits a single log in account (user ID and pin) to log in simultaneously on two different devices.   So he can create a user Id and pin and give it to his wife and she can use one device at the same time he is using another device. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

He is simply saying that it is cheaper for him to purchase a two device package for him self and share with his wife than it is to buy a separate one device package for each of them. 

Actually you have it reversed.  In our experience, most recently with the wifi package purchase we made for our upcoming 6/23 Celebrity Eclipse cruise, it has been cheaper to buy 2 one-device packages than to buy 1 two-device package.  And by a lot less.  It still gives us the flexibility of being able to use two devices at a time - one on her package and one on mine.

We have done this a couple of times recently.

Posted (edited)

There is no more information to provide and it is very simple.  I am comparing a one device package cost to a two device package cost.

In our experience, most recently with our upcoming 6/23 cruise, it has been significantly cheaper to buy 2 one-device packages versus 1 two-device package.  We have done this a couple of times.  This still allows us to use two devices simultaneously - one on my package and one on hers, but at a much cheaper cost than to have two devices on one package.

Don't know how to make it any more clear.  I hope you see it now.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

In our experience, most recently with our upcoming 6/23 cruise, it has been significantly cheaper to buy 2 one-device packages versus 1 two-device package. 

I guess it depends on the cruise - 

image.png.5c01bfdf97f08f2cdbea86344f7254ff.png

versus 

image.png.d28cf3b3d3a4475fff446e8dd149537c.png

So it's 2x $14.99 vs 1X $27.99, 

5 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Actually you have it reversed.  In our experience, most recently with the wifi package purchase we made for our upcoming 6/23 Celebrity Eclipse cruise,

See above.  

34 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

So it's 2x $14.99 vs 1X $27.99, 

That Elite plus discount must be big.  My cruise shows

• premium wifi 1 Device:  $22.99/per guest per day(30% off)
  • premium wifi 2 Devices:  $22.99/per guest per day(40% off)
  • basic wifi 1 device: $23.99/per guest per day (no sale)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

See above.  

That wasn't the case on our upcoming sailing.  We paid $8.99 pp / day for each one device plan v $22.99 per day for the two device.  So $17.98 v $22.99.  And that was before the loyalty tier realignment, which goes into effect today.  I am going to call to see if there is any further improvement. Just must have been a very good sale but that is not the first time that has happened.  That is the only reason I mention it on this thread.

I booked early May and mine hasn't listed any lower than I posted.  Not even during the Memorial weekend sale.  This is my first cruise with Celebrity so maybe that is why.

13 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

And that was before the loyalty tier realignment, which goes into effect today.  I am going to call to see if there is any further improvement. 

Good luck with that.  Our experience is that they are not combinable but you do get whichever is lower in price. 

On 6/4/2024 at 10:46 AM, DaKahuna said:

If I want to use my iPad, I log out of the iPhone and then log in on the iPad using my account.

Note that the logging out part is completely unnecessary. As soon as you activate a second device, the first is automatically disconnected.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Note that the logging out part is completely unnecessary. As soon as you activate a second device, the first is automatically disconnected.

Recently we have been prompted whether we want to disconnect the device currently online or not.  Do  not recall seeing it automatically knock the first device off. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Good luck with that.  Our experience is that they are not combinable but you do get whichever is lower in price. 

I realize that - it is either / or. Ours was not combined with the sale price and was based on the CC Elite discount, which happened to be better.  Going to ask to compare with Elite +. Just was a good base price to begin with.  Maybe it is a fluke but this is at least the second time this happened.

• Like 1