Change of special dinning reservation

Hi,

with our FAS we got 2 specialty dinning, I made reservation online.

Now we were thinking, to change one of the reservations to another restaurant, is this possible?

We will board the ship on thursday. If I can change the reservation, where can I do this on ship?

Thabk you.

Posted (edited)

There will be an area set up somewhere (location varies by ship) for restaurant reservations. It will be stated in the freestyle daily as well as there being signs onboard.

On embarkation day it will likely be one of the restaurants, but I’ve seen it in entertainment venues or even the theatre.

Just head there and make any necessary adjustments.

Edited by KeithJenner

How fluid are the reservation times if you show up early, for an already early booking? I have a table booked for 6pm at the teppanyaki place but ideally would like to start 20-30 mins early. Should I just show up as it should be quite empty at that time anyway?

32 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

Is there any reason he can't just make the new reservation, then cancel the other one after he is onboard?

Not really! Unless it's fixed priced restaurants, since they may charge you when you book. I suppose the money then gets refunded, but still...

I usually have more bookings than I intend to use and cancel them when I decide which ones I'll actually use. No problem at all!

6 minutes ago, astera said:

How fluid are the reservation times if you show up early, for an already early booking? I have a table booked for 6pm at the teppanyaki place but ideally would like to start 20-30 mins early. Should I just show up as it should be quite empty at that time anyway?

As for showing up early, I have had good successes with that, but not at Teppanyaki. My expersience is that there really isn't much point in showing up early. They run by their schedule anyway since it's a shared table. Of course, if you are solo there might be room for you at the 5.30 table so it could work out well.

1 hour ago, DorothyB said:

Is there any reason he can't just make the new reservation, then cancel the other one after he is onboard?

You can't make multiple reservations at the same time, so this could only be done if they wanted the new reservation to be at a different time.

If it is for a different time then yes, they can certainly do this.

However, there would also be a problem if the new reservation is for Moderno or Teppanyaki as they would charge for the new reservation when booking.

48 minutes ago, astera said:

The answer that Asawi gave is correct. In Teppanyaki you are seated with others, so your meal can't start early. In my experience tables are allocated in advance, so it is unlikely that you would even be able to move to a different table unless it is very quiet (which in itself is unlikely at Teppanyaki).

Anywhere else and you are likely to be fine, although they will probably deal with people turning up at their correct times first.

55 minutes ago, astera said:

Depending on ship, you may be asked to wait until your reservation time at Teppanyaki (since they are planning on filling 8-tops). All other restaurants, they will try to be flexible if you show up early. Your reservation is cancelled if you are very late. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DorothyB said:

3 days prior to departure, online reservations are likely going to be mostly sold out or undesirable. Reservations opened on 01/21/2024. It would be better to book as soon as you embark. 

Edited by BirdTravels

IMO, here a few options.

Option 1.If you are in Haven, ask the Concierge to change your existing ( they usually come thru).

Option 2..  go the  Specialty Dining Reservation desk when you board, and ask for the change.

Option 3.....On the night you want to dine, go to the Specialty Restaurant you want to dine in, and ask if they can change your existing reservation to this new one

.Better chance of changing on the spot if you can dine early ( like 5:30-ish)

There is a light up board by the Specialties that tell you how crowded they are at certain times daily.

27 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

I have two specialty restaurants not yet booked because I can’t get them online.  I really hope they will be available once I’m on board.

Generally reservations are available when you board the ship. IMO best to handle them as soon as you check in at your muster station. 

3 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Generally reservations are available when you board the ship. IMO best to handle them as soon as you check in at your muster station. 

I plan to sprint there as soon as I am on board!

16 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

I plan to sprint there as soon as I am on board!

You should be fine.

We often have some bookings still to make, or need to make some adjustments and have never had any problem doing them on embarkation day.

We tend to board fairly early, but occasionally it has been a little while before we have dealt with this.

As long as you don't hang around too long you should have no problem.

Just book another restaurant/date/time online as long as its not Moderna or Teppanyaki due to the charges.  You wont be able to cancel until you are onboard so let them know the first day so that someone else can use that spot.