Royal Caribbean-Symphony of the Seas Review of Disney World Express Service ?

Is it worth doing the Disney World Express Service? The  six hour excursion begins at 2 pm from Port Canaveral

to Disney World, Magic Kingdom. We are considering doing this in the end of August. If you have done this

excursion, please let me know your thoughts. Thank you. 

Posted (edited)

I've never done this excursion ....but.... as someone who lives in Orlando and frequents the parks, I can't see how there's any value to this excursion. If you wanna do Disney (or Uni) just do a land based Florida trip. I can't see anyone getting more than 2 or 3 rides done and it just seems like a waste to me 🤷‍♂️plus you gotta ride the bus +1 hour each way to Disney ...the only way I could see this being worthwhile is if you took a bus down to Disney Springs (downtown Disney) and just did some shopping and maybe a lunch or whatever.... but even that would be a stretch in worth, to me. 

Edited by CanobieFan
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, CanobieFan said:

I've never done this excursion ....but.... as someone who lives in Orlando and frequents the parks, I can't see how there's any value to this excursion. If you wanna do Disney (or Uni) just do a land based Florida trip. I can't see anyone getting more than 2 or 3 rides done and it just seems like a waste to me 🤷‍♂️plus you gotta ride the bus +1 hour each way to Disney ...the only way I could see this being worthwhile is if you took a bus down to Disney Springs (downtown Disney) and just did some shopping and maybe a lunch or whatever.... but even that would be a stretch in worth, to me. 

Couldn’t agree more.

Don't waste your money.

1 hour ago, CanobieFan said:

I feel the same way and will share this with my daughter. Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Couldn’t agree more.

Don't waste your money.

1 hour ago, CanobieFan said:

Thank you. I feel the same way but her son is 4 years old and not sure what else there is to do in Port Everglades. He's young for the Space Center. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, travelbugforever said:

Thank you. I feel the same way but my daughter wants to bring her 4 year old there as

there isn't much to do in Port Canaveral. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The beach, Ron Jon's surf shop, the space center (although that's probably not that interesting for a 4-year old).

Edited by time4u2go

1 hour ago, travelbugforever said:

Is it worth doing the Disney World Express Service? The  six hour excursion begins at 2 pm from Port Canaveral

to Disney World, Magic Kingdom. We are considering doing this in the end of August. If you have done this

excursion, please let me know your thoughts. Thank you. 

We did it and never doing it again.  Very little time at the park.  Our bus/shuttle left at 1:30 and arrived at park at approximately at about 2:30-2:45.  Outr sail was in October and park closed at 6 as they had a Halloween event with an additional entry fee.  We rushed an made some 6-7 rides.  But it did not matter as the return time was 7PM.  The cost of the transport wasn't bad but the cost to the park for the little time was outrageous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

The beach, Ron Jon's surf shop, the space center.

We took the Cocoa Beach transport excursion via Royal.  The bus drops you off at Ron Jon's parking lot. The beach is approximately 2 blocks from, and one is able to rent chairs and umbrellas.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nelblu said:

We took the Cocoa Beach transport excursion via Royal.  The bus drops you off at Ron Jon's parking lot. The beach is approximately 2 blocks from, and one is able to rent chairs and umbrellas.

Thank you

58 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Thank you.

1 hour ago, travelbugforever said:

Thank you. I feel the same way but her son is 4 years old and not sure what else there is to do in Port Everglades. He's young for the Space Center. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just make sure you are looking at things for Port Canaveral, not Port Everglades.  🙂 

Posted (edited)

Stay on the ship and take full advantage of the slides and pools.  Big ditto to post #8. We also did this excursion while on Symphony after the TA from Barcelona.  Boarded the shuttle around 10am. Sat on the bus for nearly a hour waiting for everyone to show up. Lots of traffic and took nearly a hour to reach the park. As we arrived and the bus was in the parking lot the driver told everyone to be back by 3pm and no later because of road work being done. Left only three hours in the park and did a couple of rides and that was it.  Our entire bus load of passengers went straight to the excursion desk that was located in the photo area as we boarded and made our complaints.  Royal gave everyone a full refund as OBC. There was another excursion that went to Disney Springs and those people were much happier. You are going in August,,, the park will be a super packed hot house. A day at Disney is not enough, 4 hours of park time will be a great disappointment. Just my 2 cents worth. Have fun

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 2

I agree that the limited amount of time at the park is not worth the money, time, and effort to get there. Also, Orlando is extremely hot at the end of August and there is a good chance of afternoon storms at that time of year. 

• Like 1

In addition to what the others have said, Disney with a 4 year old means going to Fantasyland. The wait times for rides there can be extremely long, easily an hour or more for many of them. I have been there in August a couple of times. It is extremely hot and humid. Most of the lines in Fantasyland are outdoors and uncovered. I would avoid it at all costs. 

• Like 1

We were docked at C03 dock (Carnivals as Wonder was docked at RCI terminal) and walked to the beach.

I cannot imagine enjoying Florida parks in August. Too hot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having stopped numerous times at Port Canaveral and taken excursions to Kennedy Space Center, Ron Jons, Cocoa Beach we decided to take the Disney Bus transfer to do something different and to just get off the ship.

like most have said the trip to Disney will take approx. an hour plus change depending on traffic.

They will drop you off at the Ticket and Transportation Center (TTC) which is adjacent to the Monorails to either Magic Kingdom or Epcot.

With limited time 4 hrs or so, it would be a waist to spend the admission price for such a limited use, say 4 or 5 attractions.

We decided just to hotel hop. Walking from the TTC we went to the Polynesian, then to the Floridian, then to the main gate of the Magic Kingdom and then further on to the Contemporary. (You have the option of using their monorail system between these resorts or walking as we did). 

Another option for us was when we were let off at the TTC to call an Uber to go to Disney Springs, cost $15 which includes tip one way. For those more frugal, walk/monorail to the Polynesian and get on their free bus to Disney Springs. You can then return via Uber or the Polynesian free bus for your return.