Vitamin Gummies

I shop at Costco so I really do not want to keep these in the original containers - can I take on Vitamin gummies in a little zipper pouch?  Or because they are looking for other kinds of gummies ..... would I not be able to?   ( this is for a Europe Cruise )

Should be fine.  It's a non-prohibited item.  And, it doesn't even require a prescription.  Baggies should. be fine.

BTW....I take those gummy Costco vitamins with me on my cruises.  No issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wealwayswander said:

I shop at Costco so I really do not want to keep these in the original containers - can I take on Vitamin gummies in a little zipper pouch?  Or because they are looking for other kinds of gummies ..... would I not be able to?   ( this is for a Europe Cruise )

They are fine. Just a little ziplock is ok. 

3 hours ago, wealwayswander said:

Unless you have them dangling outside of your suitcase nobody is going to care about gummies. Security is looking for bags of weed and unless a dog picks up on it or if you smoking on your balcony

46 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

For Europe and a cruise, I would so NOT bring vitamin gummies at all. You could be denied boarding if they suspect CBD or THC. 

Have done it multiple times with no worries. Drug enforcement are looking for the 'big fish' smugglers (or legitimate illegal drugs) not Costco gummies. 

• Thanks 1

You should be OK but here are a couple of options for you.

Peel off the label (or print a copy of the label from the website) and attach it to the pouch. That's what I've done with all my meds, prescription or otherwise, when I've traveled places that have restrictions. Never had them look, but I'm pretty sure it would pass inspection.  After all, most prescription meds aren't in sealed containers so there could be anything in there anyway.

You could also get a small container of a similar product and just put your Costco ones in there. They're not gonna know the difference.

• Like 1

That makes me feel better. I do take a lot of vitamins and supplements (although not in gummy form, just tablets and capsules.) I _do_ have to worry about my husband's ADHD meds. We'll bring the Rx, the doctor's letter and original Rx bottle and cross our fingers.

Good luck with the gummies!

3 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

For Europe and a cruise, I would so NOT bring vitamin gummies at all. You could be denied boarding if they suspect CBD or THC. 

I disagree.

If there are sniffer dogs, and they do not indicate the presence of any prohibited matter, you’ll be absolutely fine. 👍🏼

Why not keep them in their original packaging then? There will be no suspicions and you can then repack them once onboard.

49 minutes ago, astera said:

Why not keep them in their original packaging then? There will be no suspicions and you can then repack them once onboard.

Because if they're typical Costco products, there will be a million gummies in a bag the size of a 50 pound dog food bag. And probably two of those bags packaged together in shrink wrap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I don't see a problem if they are just vitamin gummies.

But I'm pretty sure, somewhere, somehow there will a tester, who will test the limits and try to bring CBD/THC gummies in the same manner.

I have to chuckle at the concept of "original container".  Most of my prescription meds come repackaged (by the pharmacy). So nothing stopping me from filling a labelled container with anything I choose, especially if it happens to look like what's supposed to be in there. Nothing magical about having something in a labeled bottle, unless it's also sealed. So unless advised otherwise by someone in an official capacity, I consider anything with a label to be an original container. 

For travel to places with the possibility of having my medications checked, I had my pharmacy print out labels that are perfect size for the little pill pouches you can get. And print out a copy of the actual prescription. For OTC stuff, I either peel off labels if I can or copy the info from the web, use that to label bags.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I have to chuckle at the concept of "original container".  Most of my prescription meds come repackaged (by the pharmacy). So nothing stopping me from filling a labelled container with anything I choose, especially if it happens to look like what's supposed to be in there. Nothing magical about having something in a labeled bottle, unless it's also sealed. So unless advised otherwise by someone in an official capacity, I consider anything with a label to be an original container. 

For travel to places with the possibility of having my medications checked, I had my pharmacy print out labels that are perfect size for the little pill pouches you can get. And print out a copy of the actual prescription. For OTC stuff, I either peel off labels if I can or copy the info from the web, use that to label bags.

There's actually a lot preventing you from filling the container with something other than what belongs in it.  If the authorities are suspicious about your medications they can identify them in an instant.

At least in the USA, and I suspect elsewhere, all prescription pills, tablets, capsules, etc. are physically labelled with a unique code that identifies the medication . That code can be entered in any internet search engine and the name and dose of the medication plus the shape and color of the medication will be instantaneously identified. Years ago this information had to be obtained from a massive reference book called the Physician's Desk Reference but the internet has eliminated the need for that.

Also the prescription bottle's label itself identifies the color, shape and identifying code of the medication so there's a way to check the medication in the bottle against the label to see if they match without even going on line.

When I pick up my prescriptions at the pharmacy I always compare the label information with the medication in the bottle because once or twice a pharmacist made a mistake and filled the bottle with the wrong medication.

14 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

There's actually a lot preventing you from filling the container with something other than what belongs in it.  If the authorities are suspicious about your medications they can identify them in an instant.

Also the prescription bottle's label itself identifies the color, shape and identifying code of the medication so there's a way to check the medication in the bottle against the label to see if they match without even going on line.

I am fully aware that medications are coded - which is why I have everything labeled. I wasn't suggesting that anyone could pass scrutiny if they put something else into a labeled bottle, just the fact that having a label on something does not mean that's what is in the bottle. And what you get from your pharmacy is not often an original container - just original to you.

As you said, the LABEL identifies the contents, whether the label is on a bottle or on a plastic bag.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, julig22 said:

I am fully aware that medications are coded - which is why I have everything labeled. I wasn't suggesting that anyone could pass scrutiny if they put something else into a labeled bottle, just the fact that having a label on something does not mean that's what is in the bottle. And what you get from your pharmacy is not often an original container - just original to you.

As you said, the LABEL identifies the contents, whether the label is on a bottle or on a plastic bag.

My objection was to your statement "So nothing stopping me from filling a labelled container with anything I choose, especially if it happens to look like what's supposed to be in there" .

The fact that medications are coded is precisely what prevents you from getting away with violating a country's prescription medication laws simply by filling the container with anything you choose.

Your saying that you know about medication codes contradicts your contention that you can get away with filling a container, whether labeled or not, with whatever you want.

If I wanted to smuggle CBD on a ship, I would but it in a gummy vitamin container. It is really naive to think that an "original container" or pill coding has any affect on whether an item is "authentic". Maybe 50 years ago. Today, you can manufacture a pill to look like any other pill. 

I fly/travel 2-3 times a month, mostly domestically but some internationally. I carry my meds in pill minders since carrying "original containers" (which would magically make things real) would take up way too much space. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

If I wanted to smuggle CBD on a ship, I would but it in a gummy vitamin container

That works

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

My objection was to your statement "So nothing stopping me from filling a labelled container with anything I choose, especially if it happens to look like what's supposed to be in there" .

The fact that medications are coded is precisely what prevents you from getting away with violating a country's prescription medication laws simply by filling the container with anything you choose.

Your saying that you know about medication codes contradicts your contention that you can get away with filling a container, whether labeled or not, with whatever you want.

You realize my comment was as a follow-up to my issue of referrals to "original container" - how that is a laughable term. Talk about taking something out of context and running with it.

Note I NEVER said you could get away with filling a container with something else.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Be careful what type of container you put them in. I recently took a weeks worth or so of gummy vitamins in the not original sams container on vacation. Idk if it was excess air or the container or whatever but the vitamins developed a nasty flavor. I had to toss them 🤢

Edited by Denise72