Questions, Questions and More Questions

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

To get online?

Turn on airplane mode

Look for Princess setting

And then what?

The directions are usually (always?) on the first page of the first day's Patter. It should be in your cabin when you arrive. If no Patter is in the cabin, go to Passenger Svcs and ask for one.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, skynight said:

On the Island Princess your muster station will be on deck 7, promenade, starboard side. Forward, midship or aft depending on the location of your cabin. When you board while waiting to go to your cabin just pass by. You will see crew with yellow hats. If you are at the wrong one they will direct you. Once at your muster station you scan your medallion and you are done with that step. You then watch the muster video on your phone, device or cabin TV to be totally done. I watch the TV when unpacking.

And they know if your watching the video, they track this on your medallion. We went to muster on way to cabin first medallion cruise then my husband turned on the video as instructed when we entered. I left the cabin for something and later got a message I needed to watch the video. I checked and customer service said maybe I left the cabin while but played earlier 😊. They know where everybody is at all times.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Like the Rockwell tune.  I always feel like somebody's watching me 🤪

Yup, drove my husband nuts every time we went to the elevator showed our anniversary notice. He never even looks at the cabin statement I get it a few times during the trip, but last time he was always checking to be sure nothing on there not ours. He will be better this trip.

5 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

And they know if your watching the video, they track this on your medallion. We went to muster on way to cabin first medallion cruise then my husband turned on the video as instructed when we entered. I left the cabin for something and later got a message I needed to watch the video. I checked and customer service said maybe I left the cabin while but played earlier 😊. They know where everybody is at all times.

No, they do not know whether or not you are watching the video. They do not know where you are. They know where your medallion is. Your medallion has to be in the cabin while the video is playing. You don't have to be there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

No, they do not know whether or not you are watching the video. They do not know where you are. They know where your medallion is. Your medallion has to be in the cabin while the video is playing. You don't have to be there.

Sorry that is true they track the medallion.  Mine was with me checking something out, food related I'm sure 😁.

• Haha 1

Ok....now this is a really serious question. I have a sweet tooth.  One could say that I'm a chocoholic.  Being entitled to 2 "special dessets" a day....I was initially excited.

But I did my homework....and they look like a heart attack waiting to happen. 

Will "the dessert place" give you just a plain cup of ice cream with a topping? 

40 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Completely inconsistent results, sorry to say.  Should be a no brainer, but it isn’t. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Completely inconsistent results, sorry to say.  Should be a no brainer, but it isn’t. 

I'm a little slow tonight....are you saying I can't get a scoop of ice cream and a topping????   

Just now, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm a little slow tonight....are you saying I can't get a scoop of ice cream and a topping????   

I’m saying “Maybe you can, and maybe you can’t.”  It depends on who is working the counter that day, and whether their supervisor is breathing down their neck. They are not supposed to allow this, but there are a number of reports of exceptions being made. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Ok....now this is a really serious question. I have a sweet tooth.  One could say that I'm a chocoholic.  Being entitled to 2 "special dessets" a day....I was initially excited.

You can get soft serve (no topping) for free if they won't give you a scoop and a topping.

On the Enchanted in May, a woman in front of me said she didn't want any of the monsterous sundaes and asked if she could just have a scoop of gelato and was told she would be charged the $1.50 for that. I had the premier package and did go ahead and get one of the sundaes on that trip to the gelateria. The next time I went, I asked for just a scoop of chocolate with some cookie crumbles and chocolate syrup and I was charged the $1.50.

Ice Cream.

You can ask for 1,2,3 whatever number of scoops of chocolate ice cream, with toppings such as chocolate syrup whipped cream, for dessert in the DRs.

I have not been on the Island Princess recently, but expect that the special desserts you are referencing are available at Swirls on the Lido deck. Swirls has chocolate, vanilla and twist soft ice cream. On other ships a similar venue, coffee & cones, also prepared the special ice cream sundaes. You can certainly request that they leave off any toppings. I'm not certain where the special cakes are offered on the Island. Maybe in the DRs, maybe the Horizon Ct., maybe both. The special desserts may also be available using Ocean Now. You can take a look. I don't know if you would be able to adjust the toppings when using Ocean Now.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

If you love chocolate as you say you do, be sure to try the chocolate chip cookies in the afternoons in the buffet. If you want a complimentary cone or cup soft serve, go to Swirls on the Lido deck. 

It says something that without exception, when I see those specialty desserts, someone has eaten a couple or three bites then walked away. What a waste! Included in your package yes, but apparently they're not great. 

Edited by mtnesterz

11 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

If you love chocolate as you say you do, be sure to try the chocolate chip cookies in the afternoons in the buffet. If you want a complimentary cone or cup soft serve, go to Swirls on the Lido deck. 

It says something that without exception, when I see those specialty desserts, someone has eaten a couple or three bites then walked away. What a waste! Included in your package yes, but apparently they're not great. 

The one I had was good, but it is just a ridiculous size. Not many people could actually finish one of those, especially after a day full of eating whatever else they want to all day long!

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

The one I had was good, but it is just a ridiculous size. Not many people could actually finish one of those, especially after a day full of eating whatever else they want to all day long!

I was imagining that "the special dessert" would be something like a Carvel Sunday....ice cream, syrup and some nuts...maybe a cherry on top.

I'll probably try one...and pick at it.

On the other hand.....juice bar!!!! Yay!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

There is a selection of desserts / sweets at the International Cafe 24/7. All are less frightening than the special desserts that come with the packages. 

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I was imagining that "the special dessert" would be something like a Carvel Sunday....ice cream, syrup and some nuts...maybe a cherry on top.

I'll probably try one...and pick at it.

On the other hand.....juice bar!!!! Yay!

This is one of the premium sundaes from the gelateria on the Enchanted Princess. It had a piece of cheesecake on top!:

PXL_20240505_233840105.thumb.jpg.117cf8b8ecbd83b6b8bfd882674b1f83.jpg

This is the much more reasonably sized sundae that I paid $1.50, despite having Princess Premier:

PXL_20240510_230906419.thumb.jpg.7abbbbf4e8ebb72d7cb7b1009a5c0fc9.jpg

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 11:14 AM, geoherb said:

There is not a separate conditioner. It's a shampoo/conditioner combination. I take a small bottle of conditioner with me. I also bring along a bar of soap. I don't like body wash.

And, in my experience the shampoo-conditioner doesn't 'condition' at all.  I'm not picky and use cheaper conditioners at home, but after using the Princess combo my hair actually felt crunchy and stiff.  I just bring a travel size bottle or two; I don't need much. The lotion is fine.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, skynight said:

I have not been on the Island Princess recently, but expect that the special desserts you are referencing are available at Swirls on the Lido deck. 

They are at the gelato bar. And also there are enormous slices of cake at the IC that are also considered premium.

4 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I wish! The actual ones are so OTT that they verge on gross. They all have a piece of cake in them and usually some sort of candy like a lollipop as well as numerous other crap sticking out of the top. And a few have a travel-sized bottle of alcohol you pour over them.

Here's the picture Princess has on their website:

Princess-Cruises-expands-bundles-to-incl

Going on 10 day to Mexico , mine is insurance question ! I always get the platinum princess insurance but now we are in 70s is this enough coverage if you need to be air lifted or big emergency ? Thank you