Cruise not selling well?

We’re on an Apex cruise in April 2025, looking at the X website it appears dozens and dozens of cabins in all categories are still unsold!

Will they start to reduce the prices soon? might we get a bargain upgrade price? We’re in the U.K. so we can’t reprice our current booking, is there any method to what X might do to get more bookings on this cruise?

Still very early. I totally get booking things early (heck, I have a cruise on Beyond booked for Feb 2026 already), but not everyone does. A lot of people have been conditioned to wait until closer for discounts (except on Disney where prices pretty much only go up unless they go to a general category GTY which is usually only after final payment and very restricted - plus no calling up to whine about your assigned stateroom on Disney...you get what you get period. But I see a lot of people shocked that there aren't sales like on other lines...we'll see if that continues as they add more ships) and so don't book immediately unless there is a specific cabin they want to ensure they have.

• Like 2

My wife and I have been on Constellation in the Med and Millenium through the Old Locks of the Panama Canal. Both were in RS. They were both fairly reasonable. But the last couple of years prices jumped too much for us. So mostly I quit looking at Celebrity. Then about a month ago I figured I would look to see if there were any changes. I was watching 12-14 night cruises. I then saw a 12N cruise on Eclipse Newark to Reykjavik in RS for under 12K. So basically half. Should be a fun cruise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

We’re on an Apex cruise in April 2025, looking at the X website it appears dozens and dozens of cabins in all categories are still unsold!

Will they start to reduce the prices soon? might we get a bargain upgrade price? We’re in the U.K. so we can’t reprice our current booking, is there any method to what X might do to get more bookings on this cruise?

See if you can purchase it through a states-side travel agent.

• Like 1

Just because there are a number of staterooms showing on the website as available does not mean the cruise is not selling well.  With 11 months to the sailing date there is plenty of time for the available staterooms to be booked.  And with cruising demand as strong as it is it is not likely they will start discounting stateroom fares, at least not anytime soon.  If that would take place at all it likely would not be until a few months before sailing. So I would not count on any upgrade deals. My guess is, as with most ships, by your departure you will be sailing on a full ship.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

We have some Travel Agents on here and there isn't a magic schedule where they drop the fare and I would imagine if they reduce the fare, most wouldn't consider it a "bargain".  There is an exception, however.  Bargain pricing or "fire sales" do happen with most cruise lines including X if you're within around 90 days of the sailing.  Fire sale fares typically are more of a progressive series of fare drops vs one single drastic drop.  Last year, when X was sailing out of L.A. (they no longer are) they routinely had to offer "fire sales".  Many sailings from PR typically have fire sales

• Like 1

Certainly not a scientific sampling, but I have seen prices on many Ascent sailings in spring 2025 drop from prior levels, especially Sky Suites. Rarely less than $500 pppd, many are now around $420 pppd. 

I enjoy hunting for a bargain, my strike price is $400pppd. 

You can get a Prime Veranda, no perks, on Equinox TA next spring for just over $100pppd. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

Is this a Caribbean or European itinerary? April is usually the transatlantic crossing so could be either. Anyway, I find the prices to be high that far in advance so we tend to book 3-6 months out for best deals. I think a lot of people do this so a year is quite far out to be deciding the cruise is selling slowly. Slow selling cruises generally have bargain pricing closer to the sail date and people like me scoop them up.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Certainly not a scientific sampling, but I have seen prices on many Ascent sailings in spring 2025 drop from prior levels, especially Sky Suites. Rarely less than $500 pppd, many are now around $420 pppd. 

I enjoy hunting for a bargain, my strike price is $400pppd. 

You can get a Prime Veranda, no perks, on Equinox TA next spring for just over $100pppd. 

mac_tlc

We like any of the Edge class and are pretty flexible with Caribbean itineraries from FLL so I always just look for the cheapest prices for sky suites. We just moved our Apex sailing to the Ascent (with similar time frame) because the price on Ascent dropped to $370pp per day. We also just snagged a suite guarantee to cruise this summer for $337pp. per day--woo hoo! Haven't seen these "low" prices for suites in awhile. 

• Like 2

On 6/1/2024 at 12:44 AM, Lolou127 said:

Do realize that price changes work both ways.  I booked a 9 day Vancouver - Honolulu cruise on March 29 2024  for  $587 for an inside cabin.  Last week, the same cabin was advertised for $1325.  If you see a rate that is attractive, you are better off grabbing it than waiting.

• Like 1