The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 2nd, 2024

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I like the quote, really a sweet sentiment -- but am I the only one who wonders how this would work unless you have the same birthday??  (I know, sometimes I overthink things LOL!)  We

I thought the same thing!  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We had a wonderful time at our brunch today at the Vineyard in Florence.  A beautiful afternoon. The food and wine were fabulous!

That ended abruptly when we got home. I moved several flower pots and lifted a very heavy stone to move it only a few feet.

Well, I felt a pull in my shoulder and neck and dropped the stone on my foot! I have a big gouge on my ankle where the stone dropped and had blood everywhere! I grabbed my emergency kit and have a heavy bandage on my ankle, trying to stop the blood. 

I don't care if that dam stone stays where it is for the next 20 years!!

Joy! Good grief. Hope the foot heals quickly & is not too painful!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been to Moorea five times on Wind Star, Princess and HAL.  Most of our pictures are from prehistoric times before digital cameras, but I did find a few.

In 2002 on the APEC cruise on Volendam, Moorea was not a port.  We took the ferry from Papeete to Moorea, and rented a car.  In fact, we've rented cars there every time except 2007.  That time we took a taxi to the Intercontinental Hotel to snorkel.  The reef comes very close to the shore there, and the colors of the fish and coral are outstanding.  

These first pictures were taken in 2007 at the hotel.

IMG_1467.thumb.JPG.e803361b1af7059aac346117586191f4.JPG

IMG_1475.thumb.JPG.7e847884542d15033f5dd6f5b35540a2.JPG

IMG_1476.thumb.JPG.656b2f289edaf1fe96e034500a68f61a.JPG

These were from our drive around the island in 2002.

IMG_2226.thumb.JPG.a3bdde623a3d14a60d8d407ae10041ca.JPG

IMG_2228.thumb.JPG.79387467f5607a95e13054bba4ab6320.JPG

IMG_2230.thumb.JPG.9e481841e0cfa5aecd5b88c63e7c70de.JPG

We stopped at a park where a tour was watching a feast being prepared.

IMG_2233.thumb.JPG.614afda3477045daa2c5b90dcf32c01b.JPG

IMG_2234.thumb.JPG.1ee9a9109136d9022170f03de5816036.JPG

A young man carrying on an ancient craft.

IMG_2236.thumb.JPG.bd2a0fb2351aa76ee456dbeaec4caa9c.JPG

Moorea is our second favorite port after Bora Bora.  The night in Moorea on Wind Song, dinner was a barbecue on deck complete with a roasted suckling pig.

In 1996, on the Wind Song, anytime the pilot was not on the bridge, passengers could walk into the bridge.  One evening, probably in Bora Bora, we did and started talking to the young deck officer.  He even took us out on the bridge wing and pointed out the Southern Cross and other constellations.

Fast forward to 2016 on the Prinsendam and a talk with Captain Tim Roberts.  In 1996 he was a young officer on Wind Song.  We all decided it was probably Captain Tim who was the young office we talked with 21 years earlier.

It really is a small world.

Lenda

And is currently on the Seabourn Odyssey in Alaska. We had dinner with him last evening and did a bit of reminiscing - still a delightful fellow.

• Like 11

Good evening , still waiting for the rain to start.

Shirl left a very nasty message on the answering machine wanting to know how long we have been conspiring with her son to move her down there. She feels like she is in prison and said she will leave if she had to walk home. Brother tried to explain to her but she claims she won’t forgive him.

We are waiting to hear back from her son. 
Meanwhile , we continue to clean out her house. She was a hoarder, took 5 bags of trash out so far and barely touched the surface. She just won’t admit she needs help. 
No one asked her opinion on the move but she forgets she talked about this back at Christmas. 
Have a good evening.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 12

Terri, Sending good vibes your way! Have a grand respite!  Maybe just what you need for deep healing. 

Terry, Relieved to know you are home ok, as your household is too I’m sure. Hope you can get some sleep, and some more help!  
m—

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good evening.  It didn't rain this afternoon, but we're getting rain tonight. It's raining lightly, and there is thunder and lightning.  The pressure washing of the walls and floor of the port went much quicke than expected. And I got it all done today, plus washing the fron of the motorhome .  We were able to all the vehicles back in the port.  All yhe cabinets, shelves and grill are back in place.  Tomorrow I'll put everythingmback in the cabinets, and wash the cars before puttimg the covers back on them.

I must have hitmthe repy button instead of the multiquote button.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.

10 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

I leave in about 45 minutes to head to Seattle. Thank you so much for all the good wishes! I'm looking forward to this cruise but not to all the rain. Fortunately today the rain is holding off for a bit. 

Yesterday the DS came over and filled the feeders (Hummingbird), put a new toilet seat on, cleaned downspouts, etc. but it was too wet to mow. He'll come over while I'm gone and do that chore. He helped a neighbor out as well. The neighbor's DH was running his remote control boat (small one) in our local creek, fell in but someone helped him out after he'd gone under and DS went down to help find the boat. No luck there. The DH is so lucky to still be with us and it was his 81st birthday as well. 

Off to put the last things in the car and head out. 

Karen

Karen, it sounds like your neighbor was very lucky.  

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@JazzyV Before I start each campaign, I have to send in a SOD (start of day)- a computer form that lets them know my proposed hours and when i will take a break during my shift with them.  I have to copy both the first campaign's boss and my second campaigns boss. And then I go to the work computer, log on, and text them my Start notice. I start at noon calling California.  For 3 hours, no break.  I then take a break between campaigns, at which time I send the EOD (the end of day) report to both managers, any sales or donations information on an email, then generate the SOD to the next manager, copying the first boss (so they know where I am) before I get "my break".  I get an hour to do this, and consider it a break. Not long enough to make dinner, nor the right time.

California laws, that if I work more than 5 hours, I have to take an unpaid half hour break.  I cant work more than 8 hours a day, I cant total out more than 40 a week.  If for some reason I am on a call, after shift end, I have to deduct that time from another day.

I try very hard not to make any shift more than 5 hours, so that they don't have to not pay me for 30 minutes of my time (which is why I take an hour between campaigns)  After the 14th, I will be on one campaign , and take 2-3 hours off between shifts.  This will at least allow me to create a meal, cook a meal, and maybe get to eat a meal, during an actual meal time.  Until NY calls me back to work, and I give him morning shifts, and then 5 hours late afternoon for California.  

When I started this whole thing, it was because DH said he couldnt stand having me in the house after my forced retirement.  I wanted to do too many things. When Covid hit, and no one was working, I was not able to save any money from SS.  Now the extra money will pay for our next cruise, our Florida vacation, and helps with the bills.  And so I put up with the constant insanity of having to prove that I am at work, when I am at work.

I have a cruise addiction.

Annie, I think all of us have a cruise addiction.

7 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon all,

This is going to be short and sweet.  And how sweet it is!

I have been a busy lady the last week or so and rightly so.

I have not shared this with anyone until last night and now i share it with all of you.

Tomorrow Jim and I will go to Jacksonville and stay overnight and on Tuesday we will fly to Barbados.  We will be staying for 9 nights.  

I have been so afraid to say anything lest I jinx the trip, but we are going.

I badly need a rest from cooking and cleaning and what not.  Not to mention that my shoulder is not really doing too well.  I will deal with PT when we return on June 14.

Please wish me luck that nothing goes wrong.

From what I can see all looks okay.

i am so nervous that something will happen after having to cancel two trips to Italy.

However, DH wants to go and is further along in packing than I am.

If I get everything done, I will read all the posts and post again later.

God Bless,

Terri

That's wonderful news Terri. Safe travels tomorrow, and enjoy your nine nights in Barbados.  You dersrve this getaway.

7 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good afternoon, I am back at home after my short New Hampshire stay. It was a decent drive with lots of company at the New York/CT border. It is a relief to be here. I think DD does not feel confident about medical things and complications of serious lung disease and was in a bit of a panic. It is understandable since I make the calls when necessary for nursing assistance, etc. Tana told me when we were alone a few minutes ago that she gets nervous and everyone else picks up on it. I was always fortunate to be “good in an emergency” and remain calm. 
My brother told me he also got a phone call and was willing to drive down and stay overnight. He is a retired MD. Tana assured him that they just had a minor panic and they would be fine. 

@luvteaching, Bon Voyage and enjoy your cruise!

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I was appalled by the incident in your neighborhood. The family has to be shattered. I am glad you were able to see Stockholm today!

@Horizon chaser 1957, congratulations on DH’s retirement!

@kazu, Jacqui, I am so sorry to read that the pain continues and impedes function. I wish you didn’t have to wait so long to see the vascular doc.

Dinner tonight will involve ordering takeout from our favorite diner….

Enjoy the day everyone.

Terry, I'm glad you are home safely.  I'm also glad they were able to handle things even it was scary.  It's nice to know your brother is willing to come and stzy if needed.

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We had a wonderful time at our brunch today at the Vineyard in Florence.  A beautiful afternoon. The food and wine were fabulous!

That ended abruptly when we got home. I moved several flower pots and lifted a very heavy stone to move it only a few feet.

Well, I felt a pull in my shoulder and neck and dropped the stone on my foot! I have a big gouge on my ankle where the stone dropped and had blood everywhere! I grabbed my emergency kit and have a heavy bandage on my ankle, trying to stop the blood. 

Oh, Joy, I'm sorry about tour foot.  I hope it gets better quickly.

5 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Mission4Today :: › R & R Forums › Off Topic › Bad Night, Arthy Acting  Up=Chicken Jokes!

chicken jokes and cartoons | Funny pictures, Chicken jokes, Funny

17 Chicken Memes That Will Put a Big Smile On Your Face - I Can Has  Cheezburger?

17 Chicken Memes That Will Put a Big Smile On Your Face | Grappige vogels,  Kip humor, Grappige dierenplaatjes

Mission4Today :: › R & R Forums › Off Topic › Bad Night, Arthy Acting  Up=Chicken Jokes!

17 Chicken Memes That Will Put a Big Smile On Your Face | Funny chicken  memes, Chicken humor, Funny animal jokes

I Suspect Chicken Meme ud83eudd14

Free Range by Bill Whitehead, August 01, 2014 Via @GoComics | Chicken  jokes, Chicken humor, Funny

Chicken math for sure! | Chicken jokes, Chicken humor, Funny pictures

Thanks for the laughs, John.

3 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

And is currently on the Seabourn Odyssey in Alaska. We had dinner with him last evening and did a bit of reminiscing - still a delightful fellow.

I'm glad to know Tim Roberts is still with Saebourn.  Everyone was sad when he left Prinsendam to go to Seabourn.

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening , still waiting for the rain to start.

Shirl left a very nasty message on the answering machine wanting to know how long we have been conspiring with her son to move her down there. She feels like she is in prison and said she will leave if she had to walk home. Brother tried to explain to her but she claims she won’t forgive him.

We are waiting to hear back from her son. 
Meanwhile , we continue to clean out her house. She was a hoarder, took 5 bags of trash out so far and barely touched the surface. She just won’t admit she needs help. 
No one asked her opinion on the move but she forgets she talked about this back at Christmas. 
Have a good evening.

I'm sorry Shirl left a nasty message on your answering machine, and that she is mad at your DB.  I hope things work out.

We managed to in get a golf cart ride in between rain showers, and we saw one deer tonight.  We talked to the camper who bought our old golf cart.  Once it was fixed, he was afraid we might want it back.  Seeing how happy he is with the golf cart made us happy.  He's having a rear facing back seat added.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

🏒My condolences to Elizabeth and her Dallas Stars, as well as my NY Rangers. We’ll be watching Edmonton Oilers play the Florida Panthers in the Stanley Cup finals. 
m—

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your gardening accident Joy.

I know by personal experience how easy these things happen.

Please take care.

Graham 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

🏒My condolences to Elizabeth and her Dallas Stars, as well as my NY Rangers. We’ll be watching Edmonton Oilers play the Florida Panthers in the Stanley Cup finals. 
m—

Thank you - it was painful to watch😪 condolences to you, as well.

Yes, we'll be watching Edmonton & Florida play for the cup.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1