Nieuw Statendam Interior Cabin 1147?

We are considering booking Inside Cabin 1147 on the Main deck.  It is an "I" category and I believe a slightly larger interior cabin? If anyone has stayed in this cabin or a similar one nearby, did you experience engine noise?  Would you book this cabin again?  This would be for a 14 night cruise, so I don't want to make a bad cabin choice. Thanks in advance for any feedback.  

Posted (edited)

Unless solo I would never sail in a Pinnacle class tiny inside again.  There are two or three handicapped insides that are larger but if you are not handicapped you may be unceremoniously bumped 

Edited by Mary229

56 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Unless solo I would never sail in a Pinnacle class tiny inside again.  There are two or three handicapped insides that are larger but if you are not handicapped you may be unceremoniously bumped 

Thanks for your input.  The price is about double for a balcony.  An oceanview is about 50% more. We did stay in an inside aft cabin on NS several years ago on deck 6.  Yes, it was small, but we really do not stay in our cabin much. 

I don't stay in any cabin that is attached to a big open area which indicates a crew area.  That cabin is up against one big area plus appears to be directly underneath the kitchen.  

4 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

I don't stay in any cabin that is attached to a big open area which indicates a crew area.  That cabin is up against one big area plus appears to be directly underneath the kitchen.  

Thanks for your input.  I don't think there are any other "I" inside cabins available.  From my understanding, those are slightly larger insides.

23 minutes ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

I don't think there are any other "I" inside cabins available.  From my understanding, those are slightly larger insides.

All "I"s are not the same (size or arrangement). It has more to do with placement on the ship. Also HAL has been known to change letter category of LESS popular cabins to make them seem MORE desirable! (They can also up-grade or assign as guarantees and say you got a better cabin.) Here is a video of a "sideways" cabin that happens to be an "N" inside, to give you an idea of furniture arrangement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP6SE7758_c

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

We are considering booking Inside Cabin 1147 on the Main deck.  It is an "I" category and I believe a slightly larger interior cabin? If anyone has stayed in this cabin or a similar one nearby, did you experience engine noise?  Would you book this cabin again?  This would be for a 14 night cruise, so I don't want to make a bad cabin choice. Thanks in advance for any feedback.  

I have happily booked inside cabins on every ship in the fleet---many times---except for the Pinnacle class. Those cabins are just too small for my taste. 
When I sailed on the Nieuw Statendam I booked an accessible veranda cabin to get enough room for me, and the mobility scooter I had rented. On the other classes I am always able to find an inside that will hold a scooter; not so on the Pinnacle ships. 

Although the Pinnacle ships are large, the cabins are small in every category, compared to previous classes of ships. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RuthC said:

I have happily booked inside cabins on every ship in the fleet---many times---except for the Pinnacle class. Those cabins are just too small for my taste. 
When I sailed on the Nieuw Statendam I booked an accessible veranda cabin to get enough room for me, and the mobility scooter I had rented. On the other classes I am always able to find an inside that will hold a scooter; not so on the Pinnacle ships. 

Although the Pinnacle ships are large, the cabins are small in every category, compared to previous classes of ships. 

Thanks for sharing your input and experience.   I was hoping some interior cabins are a better choice than others on Pinnacle Ships.  

We prefer the inside cabins with a window- 11057 and 11058 on NS. They are typical size, but have a window, which is not for the view, but nice to get some natural light and glance at the weather.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SeaCapt said:

We prefer the inside cabins with a window- 11057 and 11058 on NS. They are typical size, but have a window, which is not for the view, but nice to get some natural light and glance at the weather.

Thanks.  I will check availability.  Do you get a lot more ship motion on that deck?  

10 minutes ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Thanks.  I will check availability.  Do you get a lot more ship motion on that deck?  

I suppose technically you would, but I've never had an issue- it's rare for the ship to roll more than a few degrees, and unless you're crossing an ocean, there's no roll at all.I also like being near the Crows Nest, and the cabins are quiet, with the retreat above, and cabins below. Plus you're just a few steps from the railing and wonderful views to either side.

You need to be careful on the lower decks, as there can be machinery and crew activity below at all hours, or public spaces, music, etc. above.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SeaCapt said:

I suppose technically you would, but I've never had an issue- it's rare for the ship to roll more than a few degrees, and unless you're crossing an ocean, there's no roll at all.I also like being near the Crows Nest, and the cabins are quiet, with the retreat above, and cabins below. Plus you're just a few steps from the railing and wonderful views to either side.

You need to be careful on the lower decks, as there can be machinery and crew activity below at all hours, or public spaces, music, etc. above.

Thank you for your input.  The itinerary is Rome to Fort Lauderdale - repositioning cruise.  Some light (a window) would be nice and sounds like a good cabin  location.