Pirate's LIVE on Vista Again *June 9-15, 2024*

We had a nice thunderstorm this afternoon, which I watched from the “patio” under the covered area. Then I went at about 2 to get a sammich from the deli. There was a looooong line, but the lady working got someone to help her and they started whipping the sandwiches out. I ordered the chicken salad sandwich, and it was yummy! 

After the sandwich I went back to the room and started reading my book, and I napped off and on. It was absolutely wonderful and much needed. 

About 5:00 we got up and got ready for our 6:00 steakhouse reservation. We hit up alchemy for a pre dinner drink, and I got a cucumber sunrise. It was ok, not my favorite. We wandered to the steakhouse, and oh man….it didn’t disappoint! Service was top notch, and the food delish. I had the stuffed mushrooms and the spinach salad, and in the future I’ll stick with the shrooms i

think. I had the filet mignon cooked medium, and it was good, and the mashed potatoes as my side. I did steal some of Chris’s Mac & cheese, and that was way better than the potatoes. I need to remember that in the future. Dessert was the cheesecake, and oh man…it was SO GOOD! 

IMG_2782.jpeg

IMG_2786.jpeg

IMG_2787.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

IMG_2789.jpeg

IMG_2790.jpeg

IMG_2791.jpeg

• Like 10

We went back to the room to change after dinner, which ended about 715, then secured “our” chairs at Alchemy. Isha has been creating things for me…a spicy dirty martini (I don’t like dirty martinis I’ve found out) and now a “something raspberry & mint” which is refreshing and delicious. 

IMG_2794.jpeg

IMG_2795.jpeg

• Like 11

I came back to the stateroom and showered and am packing the beach bag for tomorrow…Half Moon Cay!! Chris has never been, and I’ve only been once before in 2019, so I’m excited for the day. I remember the sand being white and powdery, and that water was beautiful. Unfortunately it’s an early port of call (7 am!!!) but that may be a good thing in case it gets hot out. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Personally, sounds way better to me.

You know, I have to say I was disappointed for no awesome lunch, but the small crowd did make it so we got to interact with all the senior staff that attended. 

5 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Good morning! Speaking of the "old" days (like back in April), have you seen Setyo yet?

I have! Every day! 😁

• Like 2

Hello from Half Moon Cay!

We slept in after staying up too late last night. The seas are a bit choppy today, which delayed the tenders (sorry, water shuttles) some, so it really didn’t matter that we got up at 8:15. They were just calling the first groups then. We went and got breakfast (huervos rancheros, no eggs, for me) and coffee from Setyo at Ocean Plaza. At 9:10 we headed down to deck 0, and at 9:20 we wete loaded on a tender boat. It was definitely rocky!! 

The sand was just as soft and powdery as I remember, and the water absolutely gorgeous. We threw the beach bag on the beach and went in the water, and stayed for 2 hours just floating and relaxing. It was wonderful. There was a barge being brought in, I wonder what they are going to be doing on the island? 

IMG_2798.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2809.jpeg

IMG_2813.jpeg

• Like 11

We came back about 1215 and hit up Lido for lunch. Steak & cheese from the deli was delicious! 

Now we are enjoying a pretty empty Havana area. It’s a perfect day! 

IMG_2817.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg

IMG_2819.jpeg

IMG_2820.jpeg

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hello from Half Moon Cay!

We slept in after staying up too late last night. The seas are a bit choppy today, which delayed the tenders (sorry, water shuttles) some, so it really didn’t matter that we got up at 8:15. They were just calling the first groups then. We went and got breakfast (huervos rancheros, no eggs, for me) and coffee from Setyo at Ocean Plaza. At 9:10 we headed down to deck 0, and at 9:20 we wete loaded on a tender boat. It was definitely rocky!! 

The sand was just as soft and powdery as I remember, and the water absolutely gorgeous. We threw the beach bag on the beach and went in the water, and stayed for 2 hours just floating and relaxing. It was wonderful. There was a barge being brought in, I wonder what they are going to be doing on the island? 

IMG_2798.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2809.jpeg

IMG_2813.jpeg

From what I understand they are building a berth so ship doesn't have to tender.

https://www.thenassauguardian.com/business/carnival-starts-development-process-for-half-moon-cay-berth/article_545acde0-a495-11ee-841d-03cd7d2b4ae7.html

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Yay! That would be awesome!! 

42 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Yay! Please tell her "Christine's Fave" says hello! And Mark is still pouting because he has to make his own coffee. 🤣

Haha she makes good coffee for sure!! Mine at home doesn’t taste quite as yummy. 

• Like 1

Still doing a whole lotta nothing. C (I don’t want to spell his whole name out, so that’s what I’m gonna call him) made me a DELICIOUS raspberry margarita with reposado, and then Kiran tried to copy it but couldn’t gotta say…C is my favorite. 
Havana area is pretty  empty still. We got about an hour until last tender leaves the island. 

IMG_2822.jpeg

IMG_2824.jpeg

• Like 10

Isha has made me 2 drinks with the habanero infused vodka. The something strawberry & spicy (not pictured) was good, but this…it’s perfect! Not too sweet and with a good amount of heat. I love it, she gets an A+!

IMG_2832.jpeg

IMG_2833.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, larry_s_taco said:

I have 2 quick questions: Have you been to any of the shows? Are they still having a show every night? 

Last night was studio VIP, tonight was Flick. Haven’t attended either as we have been to both multiple times. 

1 hour ago, mamiamjo said:

Just saw your review, didn't know you were sailing again so soon. Following along 🙂 

welcome aboard!!

Alright, I’ve been struggling with how to post/word/phrase this next part. Please don’t flame me and think I’m being a royal B…it’s so far the only negative experience we have had on the ship.

From my previous reviews, you may notice I try and post the FunTimes and menus. Well, so far this sailing the Hub App isn’t working for me nor Chris AT ALL. Like…it’s dead in the water. We both tried uninstalling and redownloading it on our phones, with no luck. Went to Guest Services yesterday after we had to manually check in for brunch, they did the same, no luck. Tried to install it on my iPad today, no luck. Guest Services has never followed up with us on the issue either. It wasn’t a huge, huge deal until tonight, when we went to dinner. We explained the issue, and the hostess told us to take a seat at the bar, it would be about an hour wait there were 300 people checked in ahead of us. I’m sorry, I don’t want to spend an hour sitting in the MDR bar. Alchemy sure, but the MDR? I told them to cancel us we would just go to Lido, and they told us to please wait they didn’t want us to leave and a table was ready for us in about 10 minutes. I felt bad “jumping line” tho. 

After dinner I headed to Guest Services to see if we could get the issue somehow resolved…move us to set dining maybe? I left feeling absolutely defeated and a little ticked off to be honest….the agent said there is nothing at all she can do to help me. NOTHING. I get she can’t fix the app…that’s beyond her control. However I asked about moving to set dining, she said no, it’s full. I asked what to do about having to sit in the dining room for an hour or more after I check in…her response was to “go well before you’re ready to dine.” I told her I don’t want to spend my vacation time waiting, and she shrugged. 

I left before I blew my fuse, and I plan to go back tomorrow to see HOW we can get this resolved. I do not feel like it was handled well today at all. Like I said, this has been the only bad service/issue this trip, and I hate to let technology ruin my vacation, but it kinda is. I don’t want to spend valuable vacation time sitting in a dining room waiting to be called for my table. It’s one thing if it is 10-20 minutes, but an hour? No. Not acceptable. 

ANYWAY…dinner was very good with excellent service. I had the Girdo Street salad, which was yummy, and the shrimp poke, which didn’t disappoint. The Indian Vegetarian was A+++….spicy and delish! Chris said his roasted sirloin of beef was top notch and cooked perfect. I finished with a cheese plate, as I didn't want anything sweet. 

IMG_2835.jpeg

IMG_2836.jpeg

IMG_2837.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

• Like 9

Diana in Red Frog knows I’m frustrated and is helping me calm down. I asked for a shot of repasado, and she brought me a shot (not rang up) and told me to try. It was great, smooth! She told me “you have drink package, order the best. This is anejo.” It’s a $19.50 shot, my repasado has been $17. I’ve now had 3, and am at 11 drinks for the day. I probably need to stop before i get like I was Sunday night 😂

On the up side….tomorrow is a “late” port arrival, 11 am. I can sleep it off!

IMG_2839.jpeg

• Like 13

Oh boy, Chris just signed up for beer pong (at the Red Frog)…I should probably go cheer him and his newfound friend on, but I think I’ll hang here with Diana…

• Like 9