Early Disembarkation Port Canaveral

chanceflight

We would like to get off the ship as early as possible. (MSC Seashore).  To do early off, do you need to sign up for it? Or do you just keep your bags and go when they announce early off?

Also, are UBERs usually available? Or is there a more efficient way to get to the airport?

Uber was readily available. I've been told certain cell carriers have no data available right near terminal 10 so check your signal when embarking.   I had no problem with Verizon. 

22 hours ago, chanceflight said:

We would like to get off the ship as early as possible. (MSC Seashore).  To do early off, do you need to sign up for it? Or do you just keep your bags and go when they announce early off?

Also, are UBERs usually available? Or is there a more efficient way to get to the airport?

What time is your flight?

I too would like to do walk off disembarkation but do not know how the process works like which deck to be at when we dock at port Canaveral or who to let know that we want early disembark. I read in a review for go port shuttle that using the shuttle they were able to make their 11 am flight out of Orlando airport. 

6 hours ago, Golfplyr said:

I too would like to do walk off disembarkation but do not know how the process works like which deck to be at when we dock at port Canaveral or who to let know that we want early disembark. I read in a review for go port shuttle that using the shuttle they were able to make their 11 am flight out of Orlando airport. 

You do not need to inform anybody of your intention to do walk off—just make sure you don’t put your luggage in the hallway, you must carry it off with you. You will get a sheet in your cabin 1 or 2 days before disembarkation that tells you what time and where to go, what time to be out of your cabin, etc. 

On 6/10/2024 at 2:00 AM, Golfplyr said:

We did it in April. I believe it's deck 7 but you should get instructions in your room the night before. We went down like an hour before schedule disembarkation and there was already a significant line. By the time they open the doors the line behind us was pretty long. I think everyone did self disembark. So don't wait last minute. Once the doors opened it went pretty fast. I believe we were on the dock at 7:30. We had schedule a private transfer and he was there waiting. Made it to the airport before 8:30. Even had time to eat before boarding.

1 hour ago, freeon said:

We did it in April. I believe it's deck 7 but you should get instructions in your room the night before. We went down like an hour before schedule disembarkation and there was already a significant line. By the time they open the doors the line behind us was pretty long. I think everyone did self disembark. So don't wait last minute. Once the doors opened it went pretty fast. I believe we were on the dock at 7:30. We had schedule a private transfer and he was there waiting. Made it to the airport before 8:30. Even had time to eat before boarding.

Did you use a airport shuttle to Orlando airport? I was thinking of using a company called go port shuttle. 

42 minutes ago, Golfplyr said:

Did you use a airport shuttle to Orlando airport? I was thinking of using a company called go port shuttle. 

No we used a private services. Have used them twice in the past and they are great. I forget their name as I didn't book them but can find out if interested. With private you don't have to wait around until it's full and don't have to wait for them to drop off others at other terminal if you the last one. We got in immediately and they dropped us of at our terminal. More expensive than airport shuttle but if your trying to make an early flight you want everything in your favour. 

Last November there was a big back-up to get off the causeway to Port Canaveral. There was an accident and no one could leave the parking lot until almost 10:00. So it doesn't always work to get to Orlando airport early. It's a 45 minute drive with no traffic.

Reading that 'someone made an 11AM flight' isn't in any way a guarantee that you'll make it too. Most people suggest that noon is the earliest, 2:00 or so is better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, freeon said:

No we used a private services. Have used them twice in the past and they are great. I forget their name as I didn't book them but can find out if interested. With private you don't have to wait around until it's full and don't have to wait for them to drop off others at other terminal if you the last one. We got in immediately and they dropped us of at our terminal. More expensive than airport shuttle but if your trying to make an early flight you want everything in your favour. 

Would you please find out the name of the private transportation? Thanks. I don't want to take any chances. 

27 minutes ago, Golfplyr said:

Would you please find out the name of the private transportation? Thanks. I don't want to take any chances. 

Tuxedo executive limousine and car services. And no it's not only limos lol. Depending on how many you are you can get car, SUV or one once we were 7 and got a big Mercedes van. There's likely cheaper options for private and I think I even read on their website "if your looking for a deal your in the wrong place". That being said for the piece of mind and service they offer I would use them again. They even monitor ship arrivals and if it's late they will adjust there schedule. We requested 7:30 pickup and we walked out at 7:30 and he was pulling in. I think they give like 20-30 minute grace period if your late getting off. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 4:08 PM, chanceflight said:

Hold your bags and disembark when called. 

But be aware, 1000+ of your fellow passengers will have the same idea. The lines can be long and slow (esp if CBP is doing checks). 

Ubers are available. But it is a 1 hour drive to the airport and $$$$ (including tolls). Some drivers will want the long drive. Some will cancel your request to stay local (remember, it cost them an hour + tolls to get back to the port canaveral area and some won't want that).  

You can book a transfer. 

We are using GoPort for our next cruise. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

Question for those of you who try to leave early: Why?

I'm not trying to be confrontational!! I actually appreciate it! As someone who stays on the ship until the rush is over, I can then casually stroll off the ship with little to no line. Is it to get back home to save your vacation days? I've always wondered why people rush off at disembarkation. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I'm not trying to be confrontational!! I actually appreciate it! As someone who stays on the ship until the rush is over, I can then casually stroll off the ship with little to no line. Is it to get back home to save your vacation days? I've always wondered why people rush off at disembarkation. Thanks!

For us it's because of our flight time--otherwise I prefer to wait until most have already left.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

For us it's flights. Either we get early flight back home and arrive early evening or take later flight and land at 1:00 am and still have to drive home.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

Available flight times.  Long drive time home.  There are numerous reasons.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

For me it is dependent on the length of my drive and what else is happening that day. Usually, when I sail out of Canaveral, I stay on until 9ish, which still gets me home around 1:00 PM. But there were a couple of times where family events around noon had me in the first wave getting off. If I am sailing out of Miami, I am in the first group off as it is a seven-hour drive and I want to get on the road so I can get home at a reasonable hour.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the replies everyone! I understand now.

I have always been fortunate enough to live within 1-5 hours of the port I sailed out of (except my honeymoon cruise a LONG time ago). It limits my destination ports, but I never have to worry about catching a flight.

• Like 1

Having just gotten off an MSC cruise, I can safely tell you that of the lines I have cruised (see signature), MSC is hands down the absolutely worst at disembarkation.  It is total chaos and crew strategically disappear.   Lines exist sometimes but then become a jumbled mass of bodies.  No directions, no signage, etc.  That is for the early departure or express debarkation rather than for those who checked their bags.   Elevators (at least on the Seashore) are awful at the best of times and on disembarkation, somehow it is worse.  So people are lugging luggage up or down stairs completely clogging those.   Others can tell you what they want.  

We started at 7:00 and got to our car about 8:30.  If an hour and a half wait is okay, then you are golden.  It depends on your flight time though so do not plan to get off early and make a morning flight.  

Oddly, embarkation was the smoothest I have encountered.  

On 6/12/2024 at 10:36 AM, TheBeardedCruiser said:

Because in Yacht club we either get walked out of a different door than everyone else or walked around the mega line and brought straight to the checkpoint.

We don't eat breakfast, we have to vacate the room early so why bother hanging around when we can be home in a half hour.

• Like 1